Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    But it WAS written by an Asian SJW (Rep Grace Meng, Democrat NY).
    She is almost merciless.

Funny though how she had and still has no problem with NYC having a part of the city called China Town just for the Asians
    Like New York is just for Anglo-Saxons? Most of the North East USA is named after places in Britain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenata View Post
    If you are worried about a president showing integrity, then why on earth would you think Trump is any different than any other politician? He's literally been proven to have fucked over thousands of people with trump U and the employees of the companies that he has essentially bullied into accepting less money than what was originally agreed upon. And those are just a drop in the bucket.
    They were forced to accept less than was agreed on because they did shoddy work that wasnt of the quality they agreed to provide. Funny how millions of others were paid the full amount agreed on

Quote Originally Posted by Schlup View Post
    I'm voting for Trump over this. Sick and tired of gov't wasting tax dollars and not doing their job. Corruption is running rampant and it has to stop.
    You were already voting for Trump regardless, you just like being part of the outrage machine.

I'm failing to see the man hours or expense into having a computer basically press cntrl+F to find "Oriental" and paste in "Asian". Seem like a pretty simple process that can be 99% automated.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    He could have vetoed it to show integrity and that he values not wasting tax payer money on something that would correct itself in the years ahead as the documents are eventually replaced with newly written ones. In fact he couldve held a speech about it saying yeah we know there are a few descriptors in current documentation that people may feel shouldnt be used anymore, but Im not going to spend billions of your hard earned money to just change a few words. What I will do is ask for a law that will disallow these terms from being used on all future documentation.

I wouldve have been happy with a law like that
    I wasn't aware the US doesn't store their documents electronically... do you honestly think they're going to go through 100's of years of documentation.... with whiteout?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

7+ Year Old Account
    How much floor time in the Senate and House was wasted that couldve been used to discuss bills that are actually important to the survival of our country
    Considering the majority of what gets proposed isn't bi-partisan and never actually becomes a law, act or bill, and many of the ones that do can range from important items all the way down to naming post offices, it seems like them voting one more time back in May didn't hurt anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even I find it hard to get riled up over this...

Oh no, you can't call black people Negros in official documents...

So, what's the government going to do if a federal judge puts negro on something government related? the government can't do anything, right? Because the judge is protected by the constitution, right?

I genuinely don't know.

I think it's pretty fucked up to ban words, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    She is almost merciless.

Like New York is just for Anglo-Saxons? Most of the North East USA is named after places in Britain.
    My point is there shouldnt be a China Town (nor a Little Italy for that matter) as the name implies its only for Chinese people. We are supposed to be a homogeneous culture, China Town should be for everyone and should just be a regular part of new york with no special designation

My point is there shouldnt be a China Town (nor a Little Italy for that matter) as the name implies its only for Chinese people. We are supposed to be a homogeneous culture, China Town should be for everyone and should just be a regular part of new york with no special designation
    Are you seriously trying to pretend to be PC to prove your viewpoint with the complete opposite of your viewpoint to cover your ignorance of how government works? *whistles*, you are so desperate to prove that no matter how wrong you are that you are actually right no matter what. Reinforcing one's own delusion is not good for the mind or soul.

7+ Year Old Account
    How much floor time in the Senate and House was wasted that couldve been used to discuss bills that are actually important to the survival of our country
    So why aren't you outraged every time they name a post office?

They were forced to accept less than was agreed on because they did shoddy work that wasnt of the quality they agreed to provide. Funny how millions of others were paid the full amount agreed on
    Where is the evidence to prove that? Ohh right, there isn't any other than the word of the almighty lord and savior Trump.(I'm giving you the benefit of doubt that you didn't just pull that out of your ass) You see, when you make claims, you actually have to back them up with some amount of evidence. Notice how many have stopped claiming that Trump is a great businessman after people have been pointing out his 4 bankruptcies and how he just pulls shit out of his ass when it comes to actual figures for building things. Like the 4 billion dollar wall that ended up closer to 20 not to mention upkeep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think a library implies that only librarians are allowed to enter?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The word "Indian" has been banned? But what about people from India?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Was I breaking a law when I went to Chinatown?

Chinatown is only for the Chinese like New England is only for the English? New Jersey must have nobody in it, Jersey is tiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Asian people really hate being called oriental, most people who call them this don't know they dislike it. As one Asian lady told me, "I am not a rug." It's a misnomer that non-asians use, I'm of the mindset that if you tell me you don't like being called something, even if its intention was harmless, then I would be an asshole to continue doing so. It doesn't hurt me any to not call you Oriental, in fact Asian is far easier to say.

And it isn't being 'PC SJW', it is just me chosing to not be an asshole once informed that someone doesn't want to be called something.
    Aside from that, changes to law referring to the eastern hemisphere as "the orient" is just updating the wording for modern use as well.

Referring to that part of the world as the orient is a bit antiquated phrasing to be frank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    So why aren't you outraged every time they name a post office?
    Orlong is perpetually outraged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Why are we blaming Obama for this? This law would've had to pass both Republican-controlled wings of legislature to even get to his desk. If you're angry about this law, you should vote for Hillary.
    If your angry over this, you should vote for Johnson. Not the person whos even more liberal and party pandering than Obama.

Regardless, Negro should have been long wiped out by now from government documents. And I am not even liberal, and think this should have been done 20+ years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Than shouldn't this thread be about congress having a recess until September? You are complaining over a word fix, instead of congress being gone for nearly two months?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    The word "Indian" has been banned? But what about people from India?
    Who banned it? Where? WTF are you talking about?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    About time. It's so racist to say once race! Except if you are a white male