Deleted

Can I save my WAs from Beta and import to live once DH launches in a few weeks?

Just wondering if they'll still work. I'm not too savvy with WAs so I don't know if they require any sort of updates outside of keeping the addon up to date.

yes

/10char
    Science the shit out of it!

Yeah, just copy your entire config folder from the /WTF/ in the beta game to the one in the live game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocendi View Post
    Yeah, just copy your entire config folder from the /WTF/ in the beta game to the one in the live game.
    My initial thought would be more to export WAs, save them on a .txt file and or a pastebin link, and import them on live once the DH is released.
    Wouldn't it be cleaner and avoid taking a lot of unwanted settings ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    My initial thought would be more to export WAs, save them on a .txt file and or a pastebin link, and import them on live once the DH is released.
    This was my plan. Just easier to do and I don't run the risk of fucking up the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintry View Post
    This was my plan. Just easier to do and I don't run the risk of fucking up the files.
    you dont need to do that. just look for the WeakAuras2 saved variable in your wtf/account/server/saved variables folder and copy that over. 1 file. dont need the whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Useful, thanks

Useful, thanks
    make a backup of your wtf folder just ion case something goes wrong.

Both beta and live

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    make a backup of your wtf folder just ion case something goes wrong.

Both beta and live
    Like using Curse Client premium! (Figured it was a good place for a plug)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    you dont need to do that. just look for the WeakAuras2 saved variable in your wtf/account/server/saved variables folder and copy that over. 1 file. dont need the whole thing.
    That's only a good idea if beta is the first time you've used WeakAuras. Otherwise, you'll overwrite all the WeakAuras you've already created on live for other characters.

You could copy all entries from within the WeakAuras 2 saved variables file into the one in your live WTF folder, but only if you feel comfortable inserting it properly into the table.

Otherwise, the easiest and safest route is to export each aura or group to string and save it in a text file and then import them on live when DHs release.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    That's only a good idea if beta is the first time you've used WeakAuras. Otherwise, you'll overwrite all the WeakAuras you've already created on live for other characters.

You could copy all entries from within the WeakAuras 2 saved variables file into the one in your live WTF folder, but only if you feel comfortable inserting it properly into the table.

Otherwise, the easiest and safest route is to export each aura or group to string and save it in a text file and then import them on live when DHs release.
    Yes. Good catch, I take it for granted that I copied live saved variables to beta and then back to keep them syncd. Sorry I forgot that. Thats why i said backup! :P

always keep a backup of your wtf folders, oopsies can happen.

export / import is better than savedvariable fiddling imo, i wish more addons had it

Certainly, I want all of my settings copied over though, so I want the full folder. But yeah, if WeakAuras is the only thing you want, it makes more sense to just export the strings.