Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    I havent upgraded because it will 100% be fucked up because I have bad luck.

But the biggest thing is, what do you do if you need to format? How do you do when you need to reinstall your Windows 10? Making your own CD I guess or have to buy a damn USB but even then, you dont have a CD-Key for that Windows 10?
    You can burn it onto CD/USB from their website. I mean it's not like an 8GB/16GB USB is expensive. I remember burning 8.1 onto USB. Also there is an option in the settings to do a fresh install.

Deleted
    how will wo dro pwindows 7 support IF as MS states W10 is the last windows, Windows 7 will still be supported cos of the many thousands of people who dnt wanna use windows 10 and dnt care about as light FPS increase and DX12

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Apparently DX12 is only available on windows 10 - that alone is a good enough reason to upgrade i.m.o, i had no issues with win 8.1 but after hearing that i upgraded.
    Exactly. Also, the boot times.. I am so glad I upgraded to 10. You can configure it so it doesn't report info to microsoft etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    I havent upgraded because it will 100% be fucked up because I have bad luck.But the biggest thing is, what do you do if you need to format? How do you do when you need to reinstall your Windows 10? Making your own CD I guess or have to buy a damn USB but even then, you dont have a CD-Key for that Windows 10?
    you dnt have to upgrade only reason alot of gamers are, is for AAA titles with the DX12 hgype and a few extra FPS, its not even worth it and just because DX12 is being updated doesnt mean its gonna be groundbreaking either, 99%% of people wont even notice a difference same as people who used DX9 and went to 11 didnt notice fuck all cos most people dnt give a shit, thats what alot of these W10 fanatics dnt get, that some people like me just dnt give a fuck

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Be honest for a second, you know that people refer to "spying" as them collecting information. Sure, they don't have a team of people looking at what fetish Eleccybubb has, but they do collect a lot of data.
    Wonder how many people who are afraid of this data collecting are on social media, or click ToS w/o reading, things that often authorize data collecting.

You are on the internet, every one is spying on you.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Exactly. Also, the boot times.. I am so glad I upgraded to 10. You can configure it so it doesn't report info to microsoft etc.
    my Windows 7 pc takes like 5 seconds to boot cos its installed on a SSD drive, and if your booting takes longer go get some food and a drink while you wait

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Wonder how many people who are afraid of this data collecting are on social media, or click ToS w/o reading, things that often authorize data collecting.

You are on the internet, every one is spying on you.
    Wait are you spying on me now? @IIamaKing :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    So it's completely impossible that your hdd was on its last leg and just happened to finally bite it during the upgrade? </sarcasm>

I'd venture to guess that if you hadn't upgraded you would be making an equally ridiculous claim that windows 7 had killed it, or at the very least quietly decided that Microsoft was at fault.
    You're wrong. I'm sorry.

Tried it out a while back and couldn't believe that Windows 10 manages to waste even more screen real estate than Windows 8 with no way to change it without registry hacks. (huge text, window bars, buttons, etc obviously designed for touch screen devices) Desktop customization options seemed to be even more limited than 8. Each release from 7 to 8 to 10 is trying its best to dumb down the OS and remove more options and control from the user.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Wait are you spying on me now? @IIamaKing :O
    You know it. Im really just a spy bot for M$, google and Apple, who are really the same company.

Deleted
    i had windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10. tbh, i prefer 10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Wonder how many people who are afraid of this data collecting are on social media, or click ToS w/o reading, things that often authorize data collecting. You are on the internet, every one is spying on you.
    i dnt use social media, if you hide your mac address and ip address nobody will know who you are unles you tel lthem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Tried it out a while back and couldn't believe that Windows 10 manages to waste even more screen real estate than Windows 8 with no way to change it without registry hacks. (huge text, window bars, buttons, etc obviously designed for touch screen devices) Desktop customization options seemed to be even more limited than 8. Each release from 7 to 8 to 10 is trying its best to dumb down the OS and remove more options and control from the user.
    what in the hell are you talking about? there is barely any difference in the way the 2 other than a re-skin (without any major resizing)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    i dnt use social media, if you hide your mac address and ip address nobody will know who you are unles you tel lthem
    someone will still know

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You can burn it onto CD/USB from their website.
    Scratch that. You can reinstall windows 10 from within windows 10. It's called Reset PC. No CD/USB nonsense. Just press a button and it will do everything. Including format if need be. No need to input any keys either. Just login with your Microsoft account. And it takes 30 minutes tops.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Scratch that. You can reinstall windows 10 from within windows 10. It's called Reset PC. No CD/USB nonsense. Just press a button and it will do everything. Including format if need be. No need to input any keys either. Just login with your Microsoft account. And it takes 30 minutes tops.
    Yeah I know about that. I just meant those are methods to have a physical copy right there.

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    what in the hell are you talking about? there is barely any difference in the way the 2 other than a re-skin (without any major resizing)
    What in the hell are you talking about? It was immediately obvious the moment I booted up the Windows 10 system the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...I did it. Took about 30 minutes. I had problems changing my screen resolution to 1920x1200, for some reason Windows 10 didn't recognize that setting. So I made a custom setting using my Video card. I have no ideal if I did the right thing but hey it was free right. I did get Windows 10 pro because I had 7 pro if anyone was curious. Other than that its all new to me. Wish me luck. So far everything seems pretty good.??

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    And I am 100% certain you are a minority, and I also doubt the claim that no one could figure out your info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    and people have reported that reset pc has fucked there previous installation of windows 7 up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    What in the hell are you talking about? It was immediately obvious the moment I booted up the Windows 10 system the first time.
    if anything the fucking taskbar and other borders are smaller in win10 (start menu slightly larger perhaps)