Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Merkel MUST go! Germans plan ‘huge’ demonstration over leader’s open door asylum poli

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...ration-Germany

GERMAN activists are planning to hold a “huge” protest in Berlin today against Angela Merkel’s open door asylum policy.

Thousands are expected to gather in the capital’s historic Washington Square for an anti-immigration rally, where they will be addressed by right-wing politicians.

News of the gathering is being spread under the hashtag #Merkelmussweg - meaning Merkel must go - which has been used more than 1,500 times in 24 hours reaching hundreds of thousands of people.

Are the german people finally getting fed up with merkels dictatorship?

Deleted
    they are a negligible neonazi group that will get outnumbered 10x by their counter demo. Not worth a thread because German people are all what neonazis not are by more than 80%. We also want a better government but a left wing government. Merkel is right/conservative.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    sadly, we cannot replace her with better politician: nobody's fit to the job.

As a german I like her open door Asylum poli not a big fan of her party in general tho

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    sadly, we cannot replace her with better politician: nobody's fit to the job.
    Pretty much.

It's so bad, everyone else sends a shiver down my spine. The AFD is literally made up of failures, same as Die Linke, the FDP is all about clientele politics (if you think Hillary is crooked, try them), and the SPD is the lapdog of the CDU. Leaves the Green party, which I will never, ever vote for again for various reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, she's going to be democratically reelected.

Expect 500 people to show up, 1000 at most.
    And Nazi flags, expect those too.
    No its not a Muslim demonstration, there wont be Nazis there.
    Also german police is expecting five thousand people, not including counter protesters -
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2016-07-30 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, she's going to be democratically reelected.

Expect 500 people to show up, 1000 at most.
    And Nazi flags, expect those too.
    This.

The migrant situation is a problem, and not an easy one to solve.

The people on the other side of the issue make it very difficult to support them however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    ^ This.

Despite the moaning on this board, the facts show that Merkel's popularity has increased over the past few years.
    False.
    Her approval rating is in decline. Despite of what bullshit uninformed foreigners want to claim..

It fell significantly even. She floats in the most recent polls between 40 and 45%
    which is a whooping 35ish % down from her top rating (78%) a few yrs ago.

Nice timeline article
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...la-Merkel.html
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you must go, OP. 8 crazy threads in one day...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    False.
    Her approval rating is in decline. Despite of what bullshit uninformed foreigners want to claim..

It fell significantly even. She floats in the most recent polls between 40 and 45%
    which is a whooping 35ish % down from her top rating (78%) a few yrs ago.

Nice timeline article
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...la-Merkel.html
    Rather common for the ruling party to drop a bit (or in this case alot) in approval ratings though, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Well her party seems to have gained votes according to polling, which is the only thing I went by.

So she'll get re-elected it seems anyhow.
    No, and that is false too.. The CDU/CSU barely clinched to their approval rating, which is actually down too in overall.
    PLUS.. Never ever in my entire live have I've experienced that there's a marriage fight between CDU and CSU at a level that can easily lead to a divorce.
    Those two parties belong together ever since, and a break up is rather unthinkable. Until now, the CSU threatens to do exactly that.

She is not getting reelected just yet.
    Elections are next year in late September. Well over a year still. Many things can happen til then.
    But for now, and today, the current administration barely clings to it's power. An alternative coalition of three possible parties is just 6% pts shy of taking over.

- - - Updated - - -

btw.... the suspicion how just a few ppl will show up... forget about that...

This is from one of the demonstrations (the Techno Demo) gathering point

if anyone is capable to read German..
    There's the BZ with some current information.
    http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/berli...aenkt-24477660

Deleted
    What a bunch of stupidity. Tabloid source and 5000 people is not even close to a large protest.

Also Dictatorship? Did your parents make you play with lead toys from China?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Rather common for the ruling party to drop a bit (or in this case alot) in approval ratings though, right?
    A bit, yes.
    A lot? Nope.

I am surprised she is still around after all the crimes from the refugees and all the attacks in neighboring France. Especially after she "doubled down" on her terrible policies last week. You know someone is out of ideas and "washed up" when they "double down" on bad.

Don't these people have homes

Deleted
    if a stronger cultural assimilation was present Id be all for the open asylum policy, these ppl need help after all.. unfortunately currently it's more that their cultural problems are being brought here, whereas we could export our relatively peacefull society there instead.

I don';t know maybe I'm rambling, the way it is going now i'd prefer local shelters at the closest savest place that are a lot better funded than they are atm, prefferably operated directly by the UN blue helmet people.

Deleted
    No, and that is false too.. The CDU/CSU barely clinched to their approval rating, which is actually down too in overall.
    PLUS.. Never ever in my entire live have I've experienced that there's a marriage fight between CDU and CSU at a level that can easily lead to a divorce.
    Those two parties belong together ever since, and a break up is rather unthinkable. Until now, the CSU threatens to do exactly that.

She is not getting reelected just yet.
    Elections are next year in late September. Well over a year still. Many things can happen til then.
    But for now, and today, the current administration barely clings to it's power. An alternative coalition of three possible parties is just 6% pts shy of taking over.

- - - Updated - - -

btw.... the suspicion how just a few ppl will show up... forget about that...

This is from one of the demonstrations (the Techno Demo) gathering point

if anyone is capable to read German..
    There's the BZ with some current information.
    http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/berli...aenkt-24477660
    SPD arent even close to a coalition with "Die Linke". Actually they are politically a lot closer to Merkel and generally Merkel has been increasing her popularity recently.

Red-Red-Green would need a clear majority to get a stable government. Parts of SPD still HATE "Die Linke". Up to now, it is Merkels decision. If she goes for reelection she will be reelected.

A bit, yes.
    A lot? Nope.
    Europe is in a rather uncommon situation as well. I doubt any other leaders would have done better (when it comes to approval) if they were the ones in power.

Take in refugees and you're "ruining the country". Don't let anyone in and you're a "heartless bitch that lets people drown in the ocean".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Red-Red-Green would need a clear majority to get a stable government. Parts of SPD still HATE "Die Linke". Up to now, it is Merkels decision. If she goes for reelection she will be reelected.
    Red-Red-Green is shy 6 pts of 51% in the last poll data from Week 39. Or say second July week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danter View Post
    Brexit /love

Britain won. Other countries can too.

Just vote leave !!
    BRILLIANT...
    ALL Germans leave your country.

/facepalm