Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elvenice View Post
    I have set up most things already but I'm still thinking which professions to choose. First I wanted to go ench/eng but many people say gathering profession is going to be necessary with Blood of Sargeras, that's why mining/eng might be better choice. Do you guys think double crafting professions would be still good?
    If you going for purely blood of sargeras there are many ways in the world to get those besides professions so you should be fine.

Kinda writing this more for me, but if this helps some of you prioritize, feel free to use it yourself.

Day 1 stuff:
    1. UI/DH zone
    2. Bags/Gold/ BoE items/ Basic Professions (engi/Ench)
    3. Fly to Summer's rest, set hearth... Fly to Timeless Isle-->Teleport to Gorgrond
    4. Fly to Garrison, do quest to unlock it.
    5. Use Garrison Caches, Upgrade Garrison twice
    6. Build Trading post, Glad Sanctum, Storehouse, Stables, and War Mill (debatable, for bonus rolls on Kazzak for 3 weeks)
    7. Fly to Warspear-Ashran while things are building.
    8. Buy WoD Profession Tomes.
    9. Full 710 set from Marks of Honor
    10. Go to Shattrath...Boost professions while following Khadgars ghost for the TBC faction quest (scryer rep)
    11. Boost Scryer Rep, finish boosting professions
    12. Upgrade buildings lvl 2, get quest for bones from Glad sanctum
    13. Go to Ashran, get bones.
    14. Upgrade buildings lvl3, build Auction robot guy

Day 1 or Day 2:
    15. SoO- (Jard's Energy Source Recipe)

First week, and/or up until launch:
    16. Get bonus roll token from Garrison, do Kazzak
    17. Queue Coliseum, Spam invasions while waiting
    18. Get Weapons, Weapon Upgrades, Leather Xmog set, Cape, and maybe rings/neck if needed.
    19. Start power rush prefarm, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...er-road-to-110
    20. Keep spamming coliseum any chance I get, until I win that thing
    21. Once all that is done, Broken Shore on my Rogue
    22. Some minor Xmog farms for Dh.... Namely Argent Tabard, and battered hilt quest... and a piece or two I'm still missing that I can do on all 3 of DH/Monk/Rogue... assuming they don't drop before then.
    23. Black Temple Run for Glaives.
    24. Invasion farm weapon Xmogs for other classes/specs... There's quite a few of the other weapons I want.
    Last edited by Drosul; 2016-07-30 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    Snip
    Found this to be interesting. Few things though.
    If you mean the damage/hp increasing buff/item from the coliseum, it only works in draenor.
    Couldn't figure out out why you would go to timeless isle or get scryer rep (shoulder enchants dont work on 600+ items) though. What am I missing

Deleted
    Kinda writing this more for me, but if this helps some of you prioritize, feel free to use it yourself.

Day 1 stuff:
    1. UI/DH zone
    2. Bags/Gold/ BoE items/ Basic Professions (engi/Ench)
    3. Fly to Summer's rest, set hearth... Fly to Timeless Isle-->Teleport to Gorgrond
    4. Fly to Garrison, do quest to unlock it.
    5. Use Garrison Caches, Upgrade Garrison twice
    6. Build Trading post, Glad Sanctum, Storehouse, Stables, and War Mill (debatable, for bonus rolls on Kazzak for 3 weeks)
    7. Fly to Warspear-Ashran while things are building.
    8. Buy WoD Profession Tomes.
    9. Full 710 set from Marks of Honor
    10. Go to Shattrath...Boost professions while following Khadgars ghost for the TBC faction quest (scryer rep)
    11. Boost Scryer Rep, finish boosting professions
    12. Upgrade buildings lvl 2, get quest for bones from Glad sanctum
    13. Go to Ashran, get bones.
    14. Upgrade buildings lvl3, build Auction robot guy

Day 1 or Day 2:
    15. SoO- (Jard's Energy Source Recipe)

First week, and/or up until launch:
    16. Get bonus roll token from Garrison, do Kazzak
    17. Queue Coliseum, Spam invasions while waiting
    18. Get Weapons, Weapon Upgrades, Leather Xmog set, Cape, and maybe rings/neck if needed.
    19. Start power rush prefarm, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...er-road-to-110
    20. Keep spamming coliseum any chance I get, until I win that thing
    21. Once all that is done, Broken Shore on my Rogue
    22. Some minor Xmog farms for Dh.... Namely Argent Tabard, and battered hilt quest... and a piece or two I'm still missing that I can do on all 3 of DH/Monk/Rogue... assuming they don't drop before then.
    23. Black Temple Run for Glaives.
    24. Invasion farm weapon Xmogs for other classes/specs... There's quite a few of the other weapons I want.
    Why do you wanna fly down to Timeless Isle? What's there to get from there?

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    Why do you wanna fly down to Timeless Isle? What's there to get from there?
    To get back to Draenor I would assume. There's a teleport in the Timeless Isle that takes you back to Gorgrond.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkraven View Post
    To get back to Draenor I would assume. There's a teleport in the Timeless Isle that takes you back to Gorgrond.
    This...
    Timeless isle:
    Let's you skip the WoD intro quests in Tanaan...via teleporting straight to Gorgrond.

Coliseum is only for "Lord of War" title. I have it on every other toon.

Scryer Rep is for my Tabard to match the Invasion leather set... I'd put this off for a bit normally, but I'm fairly certain you need a certain profession level to learn the jard recipe, so I might as well boost my professions while I'm following that stupid khadgar ghost thing around Shattrath for half an hour.

Deleted
    This...
    Timeless isle:
    Let's you skip the WoD intro quests in Tanaan...via teleporting straight to Gorgrond.

Coliseum is only for "Lord of War" title. I have it on every other toon.

Scryer Rep is for my Tabard to match the Invasion leather set... I'd put this off for a bit normally, but I'm fairly certain you need a certain profession level to learn the jard recipe, so I might as well boost my professions while I'm following that stupid khadgar ghost thing around Shattrath for half an hour.
    Ah I didn't even know about that teleport How hard is it to win Coliseum? I have never tried it out

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    Ah I didn't even know about that teleport How hard is it to win Coliseum? I have never tried it out
    The teleport is a handy little time saver for skipping the WoD intro.... assuming you have flight (the island it dumps you on is off the NE coast of Gorgrond)

As far as coliseum.... It depends greatly on your class and spec.. Unfortunately, DHs are going to be kind of boned in this regard, because their toolkit @ 110 would suck pretty hard for it via long CD defensives, and low self healing, let alone their 100 toolkit which doesn't even have that.

Basically how it works is 10-25 people zone into the instance (I've actually seen it start with as few as 8 actually accepting the queu pop).... You get some time to talk and make allies (and you want allies).... The proceed to spread out around the arena... and actively avoid getting into any significant fights....

Opponents work like pre-patch quest mobs, where you can "tag" them, which is what you want to be doing, likely with glaive toss.. Any tagged opponent that dies, gives you a stacking buff (the idea is to punish people from hiding the entire game, then popping out at the last second) So basically just hit people with glaive toss and hope no one attacks you, because you can't heal, and Blur is your only defensive, and on too long a CD to save you in an extended fight.... Your main weapon here will be alliances, and politics.... Always call out a target for others to focus on, so they don't focus on you...a psychologist could have a field day studying the phenomenon honestly, but people will even betray their own allies to kill a called out target, simply because that target isn't them. Also.... do most of these callouts via whispers.

When you get down to a final 3 or so..... Tell them both you'll help them attack the other.... Then kill them both while they are focused on each other.

If you play it right, and don't actually engage any fights..... and instead just sit on the edge getting tags....you should hopefully have any/all offensive and defensive cds remaining for the finals, which should give you an easy win.

Doing that, I could pretty reliably win (prepatch) within 1-2 tries on any of Shadow, BM Hunter, Destro, Mistweaver, or Ret..... Within 4 or so tries with enhance or DK (it's great for getting tags, but has horrid defensives for the burst people do with tons of stacks near the end)..... And the only class that was ever actually hard (one week it took 17 tries) was ironically my "main" Rogue.... because people can see through stealth and the playstyle is pretty cheese since you actively work to avoid fights (you basically would take shuriken toss and burst of speed and play as a ranged until the end.... but this made you weaker in the final fights since you had to forfeit some actual combat talents/glyphs for shuriken toss and self healing glyphs.... not to mention that Death from Above still instantly forfeits you via lifting you above the arena....I wouldn't be surprised if double jump into a glide (which lifts you up a tiny bit) into a vengeful retreat got you high enough to do the same thing, now that I think about it... and maybe even infernal strike.

That being said, I'd probably try it as vengence for the active healing when forced to melee, rather than relying on demonic appetite procs as Havoc... but even so, I doubt it will be anything approaching easy to win with the limited toolkit, and no self healing... I mean it was a nightmare on the rogue some weeks, and at least the Rogue had Shuriken toss (constant ranged attack vs glaive toss's cd), Feint (constant damage reduction), Recuperate (active healing up nearly 100% of the time), multiple defensives, and more CCs (that are also shorter cds)

I'm loving this thread.... you guys have given me ideas for my own prepared payload lol. Now, if I could just decide between LW/Skinning or Inscription/Herb.

Deleted
    This...
    Timeless isle:
    Amazing! I was not looking forward to doing the wod intro quests again this is a great workaround

Deleted
    The teleport is a handy little time saver for skipping the WoD intro.... assuming you have flight (the island it dumps you on is off the NE coast of Gorgrond)

As far as coliseum.... It depends greatly on your class and spec.. Unfortunately, DHs are going to be kind of boned in this regard, because their toolkit @ 110 would suck pretty hard for it via long CD defensives, and low self healing, let alone their 100 toolkit which doesn't even have that.

Basically how it works is 10-25 people zone into the instance (I've actually seen it start with as few as 8 actually accepting the queu pop).... You get some time to talk and make allies (and you want allies).... The proceed to spread out around the arena... and actively avoid getting into any significant fights....

Opponents work like pre-patch quest mobs, where you can "tag" them, which is what you want to be doing, likely with glaive toss.. Any tagged opponent that dies, gives you a stacking buff (the idea is to punish people from hiding the entire game, then popping out at the last second) So basically just hit people with glaive toss and hope no one attacks you, because you can't heal, and Blur is your only defensive, and on too long a CD to save you in an extended fight.... Your main weapon here will be alliances, and politics.... Always call out a target for others to focus on, so they don't focus on you...a psychologist could have a field day studying the phenomenon honestly, but people will even betray their own allies to kill a called out target, simply because that target isn't them. Also.... do most of these callouts via whispers.

When you get down to a final 3 or so..... Tell them both you'll help them attack the other.... Then kill them both while they are focused on each other.

If you play it right, and don't actually engage any fights..... and instead just sit on the edge getting tags....you should hopefully have any/all offensive and defensive cds remaining for the finals, which should give you an easy win.

Doing that, I could pretty reliably win (prepatch) within 1-2 tries on any of Shadow, BM Hunter, Destro, Mistweaver, or Ret..... Within 4 or so tries with enhance or DK (it's great for getting tags, but has horrid defensives for the burst people do with tons of stacks near the end)..... And the only class that was ever actually hard (one week it took 17 tries) was ironically my "main" Rogue.... because people can see through stealth and the playstyle is pretty cheese since you actively work to avoid fights (you basically would take shuriken toss and burst of speed and play as a ranged until the end.... but this made you weaker in the final fights since you had to forfeit some actual combat talents/glyphs for shuriken toss and self healing glyphs.... not to mention that Death from Above still instantly forfeits you via lifting you above the arena....I wouldn't be surprised if double jump into a glide (which lifts you up a tiny bit) into a vengeful retreat got you high enough to do the same thing, now that I think about it... and maybe even infernal strike.

That being said, I'd probably try it as vengence for the active healing when forced to melee, rather than relying on demonic appetite procs as Havoc... but even so, I doubt it will be anything approaching easy to win with the limited toolkit, and no self healing... I mean it was a nightmare on the rogue some weeks, and at least the Rogue had Shuriken toss (constant ranged attack vs glaive toss's cd), Feint (constant damage reduction), Recuperate (active healing up nearly 100% of the time), multiple defensives, and more CCs (that are also shorter cds)
    Cool, thanks for all the information will really help me out, I'm gonna try that =)

Deleted
    Is the PVP gear worth it now that the marks of honour are BOA? Does anyone know how many marks you need for the maximum amount of gear for a fresh DH?

Deleted
    You get a full set of gear for 21 Marks of Honor, I heard it's worth it. I will probably not bother with it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Is the PVP gear worth it now that the marks of honour are BOA? Does anyone know how many marks you need for the maximum amount of gear for a fresh DH?
    - It's an upgrade over the starter zone gear, yes...

-28 total marks if you buy weapons, 18 without.

-Fills all slots but neck/ring/trinket

-Unknown if going to be 700 or 710 gear.... probably 710... On beta however, there was no 710 vendor, which seemed odd/bugged

-Invasions will also provide 700 gear, with a unique Xmog.

-Invasion Weapons, start @ 700 ilvl, but can be upgraded via nethershards to 725 (and then presumably upgrade via valor from there)

Me personally, I'm farming the marks for the honor gear, if only to reduce my nethershard costs for the invasions (it's cheaper to just buy the appearance, which can be sold seperately, than the gear itself)... So I'll only need to buy the armor appearance, the cape, and the token to upgrade a weapon (the weapons themselves are drops)... Trinkets I've got covered by the heirloom and a BoE skull of War... and the only other thing I may need is rings/neck from invasions.

Deleted
    Oh, my bad, read 21 and someone confirmed it on reddit.

Do you know how many nethershards will ne required for full gear and weapon upgrade ? You win 30 by doing a full event right ?

With the Invasions offering Shards and Transmog farm sets, people will need to make their decision quickly.

do wish we had more time to test out DH for those who didn't Beta, but all in all we should all be good to go by the time it starts raining demons.

As of right now, though, you will need to farm the Invasions a lot to get enough shards to purchase stuff you want. If you try to unlock everything for every class, you will be doing them constantly up until patch day.

Gonna make myself a drink, take my pants off, delete my lvl 1 character holding the name, create DH. Profit.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Trinkets I've got covered by the heirloom and a BoE skull of War... and the only other thing I may need is rings/neck from invasions.
    You can also craft two rings and use a BoA baleful neck (with a BoA upgrade to 695). The baleful neck option is not as good as invasion gear, but decent enough, IMO, if you want to reduce Nethershards that you need to farm.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev21Sihx View Post
    With the Invasions offering Shards and Transmog farm sets, people will need to make their decision quickly.

do wish we had more time to test out DH for those who didn't Beta, but all in all we should all be good to go by the time it starts raining demons.

As of right now, though, you will need to farm the Invasions a lot to get enough shards to purchase stuff you want. If you try to unlock everything for every class, you will be doing them constantly up until patch day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Gonna make myself a drink, take my pants off, delete my lvl 1 character holding the name, create DH. Profit.
    I skipped the invasion testing section of Beta, but WoWhead has a guide written up already:

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion...ch-demon-event

Ensemble: Felshroud Leather Armor for 200 (unlocks the entire appearance... but gives no gear)
    Coalesced Fel for 150 (This is the item that upgrades the weapons)
    ilvl 700 Amulets for 50
    ilvl 700 Rings for 50
    ilvl 700 Trinkets for 50
    Demon Commander's Drape for 50 (another unique xmog, cloak slot)

The guide doesn't seem to list individual pieces of the leather set (ie the gear, not just the xmog), or any weapons as purchasable for shards..... so they are seemingly drops.