Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Oh good. For a second I thought DKs might lose their title as most nerffed class in the game.
    Hah i thought the same. For a moment i thought that they might leave DKs alone for some time but i guess i was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariyana View Post
    Hah, poor fool. That title is ours for the end of days...even if some specs gradually creep up on our claim to shame.
    ret paladin says hi

First was the set bonus nerf to demo and now this. They really are trying to give mages no competition from behind the scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Hah i thought the same. For a moment i thought that they might leave DKs alone for some time but i guess i was wrong.
    "For a time, I thought that we would know peace... but it was not to be" - Tyrael

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    First was the set bonus nerf to demo and now this. They really are trying to give mages no competition from behind the scenes
    What really bothers me is that they don't communicate that kind of stuff anymore. As far as I know, the T18 nerf for Warlocks wasn't publicly announced either.

10+ Year Old Account
    More annoyed about how this shifts our stat weights again. I'm guessing more classes are going to be toyed with i'll simply wait till the start of the expansion to see where things stand.

At least now both DK specs value crit as our highest secondary priority?

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised but jesus ... dk's keep getting nerfed while mages remain untouched ...
    I'll be honest, I don't even care about overall balance anymore. I just want to see the entire Mage class CRUSHED into the ground. I mean, just obliterated to the point where they are lower than tanks. ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL that nerfs them is a win in my eyes. I have complete and utter hatred for that class and want to see it torn to shreds. But I know it will never happen, and the blatant favoritism Blizzard shows is nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    More annoyed about how this shifts our stat weights again. I'm guessing more classes are going to be toyed with i'll simply wait till the start of the expansion to see where things stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    At least now both DK specs value crit as our highest secondary priority?
    Haste, as far as I'm aware, has a greater value than crit and I'm pretty sure that crit would only be beneficial on pure single target. Virulent Plague, epidemic, death coil, would bursts, and half of scourge strike still benefits from mastery (shadow damage)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrkyr View Post
    I'll be honest, I don't even care about overall balance anymore. I just want to see the entire Mage class CRUSHED into the ground. I mean, just obliterated to the point where they are lower than tanks. ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL that nerfs them is a win in my eyes. I have complete and utter hatred for that class and want to see it torn to shreds. But I know it will never happen, and the blatant favoritism Blizzard shows is nauseating.
    Not sure I'd go that far But I'd be happy if all specs/classes were within 5% of each other at equal skill level.

While I don't like seeing nerfs, this one makes sense. Forcing us to sacrifice dps for increased range is a logical tradeoff. Wish the method for doing so wasn't a net loss, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    While I don't like seeing nerfs, this one makes sense. Forcing us to sacrifice dps for increased range is a logical tradeoff. Wish the method for doing so wasn't a net loss, tho.
    Pretty much this. The ability is actually balanced now and has a specific scenario where it's optimal.

PvE / Tank n Spanks: Castigator
    PvP / Mobile Fights: Clawing Shadows

Although not informing users of the change is shady.

Well, more like "push a hotfix when no one is around to write up the hotfix"
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Hardly surprising that the talent that offered the most utility is now the weakest in the tier, I think that's working as intended. Should Castigator be the strongest talent on the tier because it actually changes up game play? Probably. Would I rather they just buffed Castigator? Of course. This change doesn't make me sad in the slightest beyond the effect it will have on our Single Target, Castigator was pretty fun to use when I tried it on the PTR.

Oh the implication of needing Haste/Crit gear for Single Target fights is a lil irksome too where as before Haste/Mastery set ups won out all round.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2016-07-30 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Hardly surprising that the talent that offered the most utility is now the weakest in the tier, I think that's working as intended. Should Castigator be the strongest talent on the tier because it actually changes up game play? Probably. Would I rather they just buffed Castigator? Of course. This change doesn't make me sad in the slightest beyond the effect it will have on our Single Target, Castigator was pretty fun to use when I tried it on the PTR.

Oh the implication of needing Haste/Crit gear for Single Target fights is a lil irksome too where as before Haste/Mastery set ups won out all round.
    Castigator does not need Haste the amount of RP gained from bursting so many wounds quickly floods you, and the synergy with bursting sores was/is pretty high.

also newly buffed Skulker gains no dmg or attacks speed increase from 4pc or from Ring

The nerf was expected. The nerf amount wasnt. 25% is a bit too much. It should have been 20%.

This is utter bullshit, they do these stealth nerfs to fuck up our dmg AND passive movement speed. Dks always get the shit end of the stick while other classes continue to thrive because of blizzard bias class favoritism. Idk I'm gonna be maining this spec when legion hits. It will be gutted by the time prepatch ends like usual. Yes unholy is super strong right now but that's because of the synergy between the ring and dark arbiter. Why doesn't blizzard wait till legion hits to see if they need to make changes, not gut the spec before the new expansion even starts! Wow..

A little confused, are we talking about just Prepatch? Because CS also got nerfed on Beta.....

Haste is actually valued that much on Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    The nerf was expected. The nerf amount wasnt. 25% is a bit too much. It should have been 20%.
    25% on a lvl 100, on a 110 its 12.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    A little confused, are we talking about just Prepatch? Because CS also got nerfed on Beta.....

Haste is actually valued that much on Legion?
    Was it also nerfed on Beta? That's rough.

Deleted
    They shouldve rather nerfed our current Set Boni, which are way too strong. Nerfing our base dps totally fucks our dps at 110...