Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

15+ Year Old Account
    There was a Go event in a town a little more than an hour away last night that their zoo hosted. I think the zoo charged like $3 per person, which is lower than the norm, and last I read there was over 1600 people that showed up for the "Safari".

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I've figured my track record with Nuzlockes isn't fantastic because I take the challenge way too lightly. So I'm going to up the stakes in a new Y Nuzlocke by applying these rules:

- every time I defeat a Gym Leader with no casualties, I get the opportunity to go to any previously visited area and catch a pokemon following the normal Nuzzy rules. However; gift (includes fossils) and interactable Pokemon are no longer free for all, and now classify as an encounter for the area it's in (so, if you REALLY want that one mon in the middle of a cave, better load up on repels!).

Lastly, if I lose ANY amount of Team Members in a Gym Leader or Rival match, I must release a pokemon. In order to ensure its a fair release, I'll have each Team Member slot assigned a number (1-6, Left to Right), and each slot in the PC boxes a number (7-? (don't know how many slots in a box), Left to Right). Then I'll use a RNG tool to select a Pokemon.

It was inspired by Shadypenguinn's Shadylockes (I'm nowhere NEAR ready for that challenge), and Yu-Gi-Oh's Battle City (win a duel, get the opponents best/favourite card. Lose, and hand over yours).
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit ash...you almost **** up the league again.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh. That moment when Pikachu slot-blocked Aegislash, although I'm questioning the % of gravity on that battle field - dunno how those logs floated. Noivern boss-af, taking down a pseudo. Goodra eating them hits for breakfast. Lol @ M-Sceptile getting denied existance by a Water type move. What move was Greninja using when it uppercut and drop hit Sceptile when they briefly went hand to hand, where his hand went blue and energy-y? Aerial Ace?

And dat Frenzy Plant, does Sceptile have Wood Release??

Currently my YLocke team is Heathcliff the Chespin (L9), River the Scatterbug (L8), and Broc the Pansage (L4, totally should've named it Hashirama).
    Last edited by Auxis; 2016-07-29 at 12:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, does anyone know what the rarest ribbon would be in any of the games.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I'm curious, does anyone know what the rarest ribbon would be in any of the games.
    the world champion ribbon: it is given to a pokemon that has become the world champion. Other than special ribbons, the Gorgeus Royal Ribbon, can be purchased from the ribbon store in Mauvile for 1 million pokedollars.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the expert battler ribbon that requires the mon to beat a head in the battle maison in super mode.

10+ Year Old Account

Daaaaaaaamn Aerial Ace looks badass.

- - - Updated - - -

Hnnnnnnnnnnng I thought the news was coming out tomorrow, but its Monday night for me ,_,

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

Daaaaaaaamn Aerial Ace looks badass.

- - - Updated - - -

Hnnnnnnnnnnng I thought the news was coming out tomorrow, but its Monday night for me ,_,
    It's on the 1st of August. Def Monday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    the world champion ribbon: it is given to a pokemon that has become the world champion. Other than special ribbons, the Gorgeus Royal Ribbon, can be purchased from the ribbon store in Mauvile for 1 million pokedollars.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the expert battler ribbon that requires the mon to beat a head in the battle maison in super mode.
    Hm, yeah, they all do sound rare. How hard is it to get the Expert Battler?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Hm, yeah, they all do sound rare. How hard is it to get the Expert Battler?
    It's difficult. You need to win 50 consecutive battles in either singles,doubles or triples in the battle maison. The more you climb, the harder the AI goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    It's difficult. You need to win 50 consecutive battles in either singles,doubles or triples in the battle maison. The more you climb, the harder the AI goes.
    Doesn't it also start to cheat and counter-team you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Of cose it does. Also your 90% attacks miss 5 out of 10 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then, the Expert Battler Ribbon is one I know I wont get :P I'll have to keep the Tyrantrum with the Skilled Battler I got from, I can't remember, GTS or Wonder Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Yeah, it does. After racking up some wins, it starts hitting 1-hit KO moves, counters your team and stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Well then, the Expert Battler Ribbon is one I know I wont get :P I'll have to keep the Tyrantrum with the Skilled Battler I got from, I can't remember, GTS or Wonder Trade.
    50 is "easily" doable. You can do it, but it will take time and effort.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    There is some really... off about Greninja in the 'arms spread' image. Don't know what. Maybe its because I'm used to seeing it in Synchro.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2016-07-31 at 04:26 AM.

Deleted
    Go with Gengar(Focus Sash, Timid: Dazzling Gleam/Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb/Destiny Bond) and Mega Kangaskhan(Adamant: Fake Out/Sucker Punch/Return/Earthquake) + anything good, I used Dragonite but I guess Tyrantrum is fine too.

You can get to 100+ easily and even 200 if you don't get super unlucky. Gengar/Kang immunity abuse and their power in general carries the last mon 90% of the time so it's not that relevant. Also use only 100% accurate moves or it will be risky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hnnng just under 3 hours.

Something to tide you over for a few minutes. I love Cloyster and Krabby.

http://imgur.com/gallery/X8jGL

10+ Year Old Account
    The Arceus Distribution has begun globally. This distribution offers a special Level 100 Arceus to all players of Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. Unlike the last two Mythical distributions, this one is distributed via code obtained in stores. The codes can be redeemed until November 30th 2016. They are found in the following places
    United States - Gamestop - August 1st through August 24th
    Canada - EBGames - August 1st through August 24th
    United Kingdom - GAME - August 1st through August 24th
    Australia & New Zealand - EBGames - August 1st through August 24th
    Spain - GAME - August 1st through August 24th
    Germany - Gamestop - August 2nd through August 24th
    France - Micromania - August 1st through August 28th
    Italy - Gamestop - August 1st through August 24th
    Belgium - Nintendo Zone in Game Mania, FNAC CORA and Smartoys - August 1st through August 24th
    Austria - Gamestop - August 1st through August 24th
    Netherlands - Nintendo Zone in Game Mania - August 1st through August 24th
    Finland, Sweden, Norway & Denmark - BR Stores - August 17th
    Switzerland - Gamestop - August 1st through August 24th
    Portugal - FNAC Stores - August 1st through August 24th
    South Africa - BT Games - August 1st through August 24th

If some1 gets the spare Eu code, i dont mind one.

Oh damn, I hate code distributions...