Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'll be watching you (in a non-creepy way). And when it happens, I will be there to welcome you on the side that has cookies. And I'll tell you that I told you so!

And then I'll let you know how deeply disappointed I am with you. Yes, I have planned this out!

Again.. in a non-creepy way. See what the world is doing to me? Fucking disclaimers everywhere!
    You'd have to raid with me in random pugs from group finder to have a chance at seeing what you're waiting for
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-07-30 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Spellings and stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    That top comment from the Guardian...

"Our heroes don’t look like Matt Damon. They look like Malala. Ghandi. Mandela."

Chinese heroes look like a Pakistani, an Indian and a black man?

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You'd have to raid with me on random pugs in group finder to have a chance at seeing what you're waiting for
    Psshh, that doesn't count. Pugs can enrage anyone. That's too easy. It's much more entertaining to watch the downfall happen on this forum.

Edit: Also, not playing WoW anymore.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    It is different. Or can you link me the original movie where his role gets played by a asian dude?
    I fail to see why you think this matters. At all.

A writer can rationalize anything away. Damon's character will probably be explained as some sort of wandering mercenary brought in because of his skill. A black Johnny Storm can be explained because...you know...black people exist. And the race of that character has nothing to do with his story.

Psshh, that doesn't count. Pugs can enrage anyone. That's too easy. It's much more entertaining to watch the downfall happen on this forum.

Edit: Also, not playing WoW anymore.
    The forum already did things to me! But I can't complain

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, with everyone I didn't mean literally everyone, of course. But aside from a philosophical discussion about the status quo of corruption in this world, it fits into the sentence well enough to make it into my post. I wasn't quite expecting the deep response you've provided me with.
    Sorry dude, I realized it was inappropriate for the thread as I did it. Double my bad... I knew it was silly and did it anyway...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Its not quite that simple with Ghostbusters and comparing the two really isnt relevant. Controversy creates cash. Ghostbusters went out of its way to push a certain agenda in a cult classic film's "remake". They didnt do it because diversity = cash. They did it because they wanted to create buzz and it really didnt perform that well anyway.
    Without the change in cast (and the media buzz it caused), the movie would have most likely been forgotten just as quickly as the Robocop and Total Recall movies were.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I fail to see why you think this matters. At all.

A writer can rationalize anything away. Damon's character will probably be explained as some sort of wandering mercenary brought in because of his skill. A black Johnny Storm can be explained because...you know...black people exist. And the race of that character has nothing to do with his story.
    Creating completly new story and characters =/= changing already existing sucessful storys / characters to fit your agenda.
    Link me the original movie where his role gets played by a asian dude. Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don't understand all of this bitching. Do people not understand that movies are not real? Should we be upset when real historical monuments are replaced with CGI? You are supposed suspend your disbelief when you go to the movies, not bitch that it's not realistic enouph.
    I don't think it is so much about historical accuracy, that is simply the guise they use to not look so SJW. I don't find a white man in a Chinese movie ridiculous. I certainly didn't think the one in The Last Samurai was out of place. I do, however, despise the fact that Hollywood is simply using Damon as a social putty to bring the two cultures together, because they feel if there was a strong asian actor not so many people would go and see the film. Last year at the Oscar's the black community was up in arms about being snubbed. The Asian community is the one that actually gets shit on the most in Hollywood. No one mentions it because god forbid the most boisterous community not be a victim for more than 15 fucking minutes. It's really the reasoning for casting Damon or another big white actor that perturbs me more than any silly historical notions. The entire movie is rather silly. Now I will say that shit like the Prince of Persia where a white guy can get a tan and speak with a british accent and now he is Persian or ethnic on film is disgusting to me. I'd rather some no named actor of that ethnicity speak in the actual language and read subtitles. But it doesn't sell tickets, and movies like that aren't made for people who give a fuck about accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Sorry dude, I realized it was inappropriate for the thread as I did it. Double my bad... I knew it was silly and did it anyway...
    How reckless! You know very well innocent posts like that can spark entire forum rage wars about semantics in a powder keg like GenOT!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Interestingly, the ones that are defending Matt Damon in this type of movie are the same ones that lose their minds when the Ghostbusters are all female, or the Human Torch is a black man.

Just saying
    Which, interestingly too, the ones that are losing their minds with Matt Damon's casting - and other similar ones in movies - are the same ones that were completely okay when the Ghostbusters were all female, or the Human Torch was a black man.

Just saying too

You two... are you sure this topic is worth all the headache? :P

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Creating completly new story and characters =/= changing already existing sucessful storys / characters to fit your agenda.
    Link me the original movie where his role gets played by a asian dude. Dude.
    You realize you're posting in a thread where this is explained away in part because: "they didn't actually fight demon dragon things at the Great Wall." Right?

Link me to the true life story of a guy that can turn into a living inferno and fly around without incinerating himself.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Interestingly, the ones that are defending Matt Damon in this type of movie are the same ones that lose their minds when the Ghostbusters are all female, or the Human Torch is a black man.

Just saying
    People lost their minds about Ghostbusters because the trailer was atrocious and half the cast was terrible. The movie itself was just as bad. As for the Human Torch, the issue was more with Johnny being Sue's BIOLOGICAL brother, kinda weird to have two siblings where one is whiter than sour cream, and the other Black. Putting them the same ethnicity or at least explain their relationship a little in the movie would have helped, but they didn't do that. We don't know what character Matt Damon is playing yet. He could be playing random white guy who moved to china/orphaned in china/ w.e and grows up to be a great warrior. If he is supposed to be playing a character who is supposed to be of asian ethnicity, then yes that is kinda wierd. Take Last Samurai for example, Tom Cruise's character was a white male who was former US Military. His path set him on course to meet samuarais, he learns the way of the Samurai.... No racism there. Matt Damon's Character could have a similar background.

this reminds me of tom cruise and the last samurai.

people were so upset and saying stupid things... yet they didnt even watch the movie or understand the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You realize you're posting in a thread where this is explained away in part because: "they didn't actually fight demon dragon things at the Great Wall." Right?

Link me to the true life story of a guy that can turn into a living inferno and fly around without incinerating himself.
    Any stuntman that does the "burning man jumps from building" bit?

Still waiting for The Last Nigga on Earth starring Tom Hanks

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    this reminds me of tom cruise and the last samurai.

people were so upset and saying stupid things... yet they didnt even watch the movie or understand the plot.
    I really liked that movie. How he was introduced to the story too made perfect sense.

its a movie about the great wall being built to stop monsters......

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Still waiting for The Last Nigga on Earth starring Tom Hanks
    I am Legend?