View Poll Results: Do you think we'll get something similar to Pokemon Go in WoW?

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • They wouldn't do that!

16 43.24%
  • Doom! They would do that!

4 10.81%
  • They might do that.

6 16.22%
  • I am wearing my underwear on my head and just want to give a random answer.

11 29.73%
    10+ Year Old Account

The Next WoW Import?

I can't help but think that it is inevitable. We have Twitter integration, we have selfie cams, we have ... pet battles.

Am I the only one to think that somewhere in Blizzard a team is already considering how to bring a Pokemon Go to Legion?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I can't help but think that it is inevitable. We have Twitter integration, we have selfie cams, we have ... pet battles.

Am I the only one to think that somewhere in Blizzard a team is already considering how to bring a Pokemon Go to Legion?
    Pokemon Go is a nice fad, but I only expect it last months, not the duration of an expansion.

That said, Pokemon Go would be a better addition than Twitter OR Facebook OR selfie cams combined.

It would be funny though to fun around a Blizzard game collecting (sic) Nintendo pets.=D

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it, why would that spell "doom"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei
    I don't get it, why would that spell "doom"?
    Because I have this vision of Milhouse Manastorm in a secret room at Blizz HQ, cackling maniacally as he plots to have us run around Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri
    Pokemon Go is a nice fad, but I only expect it last months, not the duration of an expansion.
    I'm usually amused by the pop culture references in WoW, but jokes get old after awhile. Yes, Left Shark, I'm looking at you.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I could see them doing it for Pet Battles

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my doubts, really.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We already have Pokemon Go in Wow - pet battles.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post

Pet battles already covers Pokemon Go... Since Pokemon Go is just Pokemon but in the Real World.

Deleted
    Why don't they bring pet battles to our phones so we can battle other wow players who are nearby.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have been hoping for Pet Battles on mobile app as soon as Pet Battles were announced. I don't think they'll suddenly add it.

There will be more ideas they use from other sources and other community driven sites will be integrated like Facebook streaming. Though pokemon go? That's definitely a no go, they know we hate leaving the comfort of our own homes already.

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    People have been hoping for Pet Battles on mobile app as soon as Pet Battles were announced. I don't think they'll suddenly add it.
    I'm actually hoping they'll let us do garrison / class hall missions with our phones.

Deleted
    I don't expect Pokemon Go hype to last long. It came out from nowhere and it will fade away to nothingness soon enough.

However Pokemon Go gave birth to a new game genre. A game which supports actually going out and socializing with real people in real life. We might see better games like that in the future.

wouldnt be surprised if blizzard tried to do this but it will take some time to get it up and running without getting into copyright trouble. Will it be as big of a hit as Pokemon Go? NOT A CHANCE IN HELL, pokemon has a much larger installed base of people that want to recapture fond memories. Pet battles in WoW is probably seriously played by less than 30% of the player base and that player base is probably below 3 million now.

They could just go and integrate Hearthstone fully into WoW so you can initiate battles like duels but could also queue to fight people with the normal client and all that ingame on your character.

Maybe also with the perks(because you pay 15/month to play hearthstone then) that the rare legendary cards like yogg or any other have low percent drop chances from their wow counter part bosses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganimah View Post
    I could see them doing it for Pet Battles
    I would kind of like to see a mobile app for pet battles. As long as it is just a convenient way to do pet battles on the go, and doesn't give you any bonus in the game (other than having more pets levelled). I don't want to see stuff like "if you play the mobile pet battle app for an hour, all your pets get an XP bonus that day" type of stuff.

didn't they add pokemon into the game in MoP? maybe they will make a wow go for wow pets.