Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Rogue campaign - Giant plot problem?

Couldn't the entire rogue class campaign been solved by one demon hunter detecting the demon guy?

shouldnt be better made a giant holy ground all over the world so the light do its bullshit stuff everywhere?
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2016-07-31 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Couldn't the entire rogue class campaign been solved by one demon hunter detecting the demon guy?
    Lorewise Demon Hunters are insanely rare, even more insanely rare after all of the events of OU Outland, so while a Demon Hunter might have been able to help, assuming the sneaky demon wasn't a better killer, the likelihood of having one to help you is astronomical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Lorewise Demon Hunters are insanely rare, even more insanely rare after all of the events of OU Outland, so while a Demon Hunter might have been able to help, assuming the sneaky demon wasn't a better killer, the likelihood of having one to help you is astronomical.
    Insanely rare? Have you seen hie many of them there are in one of the leveling zones?

7+ Year Old Account
    Insanely rare? Have you seen hie many of them there are in one of the leveling zones?
    What part of lorewise did you miss? Same about Death Knights.

And I killed Sylvanas in-game and got the achievement. Does that mean she's dead?

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    And I killed Sylvanas in-game and got the achievement. Does that mean she's dead?
    He was just using sarcasm I guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    What part of lorewise did you miss? Same about Death Knights.
    And I mean that there's an entire contingent of Demon Hunters in one of the quest zones that hand you quests. Not player ones, NPC ones. It's not a few. It's a lot of them.
    Yeah, I think such numbers are indicative of lore. If a faction is big enough to go out in the field, on their own, they're not few in numbers.

There's a ton of Death Knights...

7+ Year Old Account
    There's a ton of Death Knights...
    Yea? Really? Did you saw a single DK trainer class outside Acherus? Or others DK outside Ahcerus except maybe Thassarian and Koltira (I don't count followers in WoD)?

It could also be solved by Anduin casually putting the dreadlord in bondage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Yea? Really? Did you saw a single DK trainer class outside Acherus? Or others DK outside Ahcerus except maybe Thassarian and Koltira (I don't count followers in WoD)?
    Did you played WotLK? You know, they were there. Zul'Drak and Icecrown if I remember it correctly.

And yeah, there is an army of demonhunters in one of the legion zones actually ^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

How can rogues be real if world of warcraft isn't real?

Dreadlords are way craftier than just the regular footsoldier demons that were disguised as guards in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

Furthermore the Rogue campaign stresses that without the real Mathias Shaw, exposing the Demon masquerading as them would be nearly impossible due to the position that they are impersonating. The finale of the campaign also tells you that said demon has put out word in Stormwind to kill you and any other Uncrowned on sight. Basically the Demon has positioned itself that the only possible way to expose them is to rescue said individual and bring them with you to prove that you have the real one.

It'd be like showing up in Undercity and saying "That Sylvanas is just a demon." You don't have any proof.

Oh and the idea of the Uncrowned showing up and killing the leader of SI:7 without the actual leader to come in and take over would have severe ramifications in terms of its reputation/visibility. Everything they do is about stealth. So if they didn't have that individual to go with them and show that they are the real one, that would draw an incredible amount of suspicion on them. Which we see, earlier in the campaign, they try as hard as possible to avoid.

tl;dr: We don't even know if a regular Demon Hunter (Meaning not on the power level of Illidan) would be able to expose a Demon of that level of power. Furthermore, having one of them show up and declare that a person of such high status is a Demon would have massive repercussions without actual proof from the real person (Whether or not their corpse is there or the actual living person is saved from the Legion).

So basically, yes, theoretically they should be able to based on seeing Demon Hunters do it to regular demons in disguise previous to this. But I think narratively and even from an in-game story perspective, the Rogue campaign goes out of its way to explain why its doing it in the way that it is. And I don't really think it's absurd or plot-holey. I actually really quite love the Rogue campaign. And I did not expect to say that, as somebody who (having played a Warlock for 12 years) generally hates Rogues.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-08-01 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Dreadlords are way craftier than just the regular footsoldier demons that were disguised as guards in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

Furthermore the Rogue campaign stresses that without the real Mathias Shaw, exposing the Demon masquerading as them would be nearly impossible due to the position that they are impersonating. The finale of the campaign also tells you that said demon has put out word in Stormwind to kill you and any other Uncrowned on sight. Basically the Demon has positioned itself that the only possible way to expose them is to rescue said individual and bring them with you to prove that you have the real one.

It'd be like showing up in Undercity and saying "That Sylvanas is just a demon." You don't have any proof.

Oh and the idea of the Uncrowned showing up and killing the leader of SI:7 without the actual leader to come in and take over would have severe ramifications in terms of its reputation/visibility. Everything they do is about stealth. So if they didn't have that individual to go with them and show that they are the real one, that would draw an incredible amount of suspicion on them. Which we see, earlier in the campaign, they try as hard as possible to avoid.

tl;dr: We don't even know if a regular Demon Hunter (Meaning not on the power level of Illidan) would be able to expose a Demon of that level of power. Furthermore, having one of them show up and declare that a person of such high status is a Demon would have massive repercussions without actual proof from the real person (Whether or not their corpse is there or the actual living person is saved from the Legion).

So basically, yes, theoretically they should be able to based on seeing Demon Hunters do it to regular demons in disguise previous to this. But I think narratively and even from an in-game story perspective, the Rogue campaign goes out of its way to explain why its doing it in the way that it is. And I don't really think it's absurd or plot-holey. I actually really quite love the Rogue campaign. And I did not expect to say that, as somebody who (having played a Warlock for 12 years) generally hates Rogues.
    But why would there be reason to doubt a demon hunter? They've already proven to be reliable for it and both Anduin and Kahdgar have personally dispatched two Dreadlords already. In the demon hunter starting experience, you use spectral sight to see through solid rock and spot demons inside a mountainside.
    I dunno, it still seems kinda weak.

Deleted
    But why would there be reason to doubt a demon hunter?
    Are they not kinda new to alliance and horde? Would you believe some horned half-demon guy that recently came out of nowhere and is telling you that someone you knew for a long time isn't really him and that you should get rid of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Razi1258 View Post
    Are they not kinda new to alliance and horde? Would you believe some horned half-demon guy that recently came out of nowhere and is telling you that someone you knew for a long time isn't really him and that you should get rid of him?
    after they saved the new king in the throne room, id be likely to believe them
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Considering that the SI:7 is basically a secret service operation and the Uncrowned don't even "exist", permitting an Illidari to investigate would be... very odd and secrecy breaking.

It would be like asking a russian politburo inspector to investigate a murder inside the CIA.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-08-01 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razi1258 View Post
    Yes, especially after one helped save King Anduin with his spectral sight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Considering that the SI:7 is basically a secret service operation and the Uncrowned don't even "exist", permitting an Illidari to investigate would be... very odd and secrecy breaking.

It would be like asking a russian politburo inspector to investigate a murder inside the CIA.
    That's the best explanation so far and I can get behind that.

The only possible plot hole I've seen with the rogue story is in the Assassination Artifact. If Shaw was replaced by the dreadlord before the broken shore, why does he just let you and Garona leave after foiling a plot to destroy stormwind when he could have had you imprisoned or executed? Was he just not wanting to start a conflict with the Uncrowned if he could avoid it?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    The only possible plot hole I've seen with the rogue story is in the Assassination Artifact. If Shaw was replaced by the dreadlord before the broken shore, why does he just let you and Garona leave after foiling a plot to destroy stormwind when he could have had you imprisoned or executed? Was he just not wanting to start a conflict with the Uncrowned if he could avoid it?
    Because that would DEFINITELY tip the player and Garona off to him being a Dreadlord. In that moment its just Shaw running up and the two of you are there still ready to fight.

Its a better scenario for him to just get you out of there rather than trying to kill or capture you.

I mean, the Uncrowned launched a full scale investigation just because Amber Kearnen showed up dead. Imagine if their new Shadow and Garona suddenly disappeared, having last gone to Stormwind.