Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    just saw this article http://www.com-unik.info/activision-...-mkm-partners/ which shows Mike Morhaime selling a majority of his stock in Blizzard. This cant be a good sign for Blizzard stock value in the future when the Co-creator and CEO is dumping his stock like the party is over. They are putting up a lot of nice looking numbers in reports but actions speak louder than words.
    Please tell me you don't invest. That article showed most analysts putting the stock on "buy", and Blizzard is doing good business with no signs of faltering, but you're going to use this stock sale to make decisions?

Well, it's your money. Just tell us what you invest in, so I can do the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Morhaime is a Millionaire with a Net Worth in the Billions according to several sources. He isn't "most people" so being confused why he would retire unlike "most people" is a bit naive.
    "Several sources". Name one. It is literally impossible to know anyone's net worth without full disclosure from that person - to know the exact details without their permission you'd have to commit several felonies.

But please, do share your "sources" - and if they're those fake bullshit "celebrity net worth" sites, I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point it doesn't matter. The dude is stinking rich and has atleast 20 Million Dollars. The point I was trying to make is he can retire whenever the fuck he wants.
    No, the point was you were talking out of your ass about his net worth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Guys, if you look at the link, all Morhaime was doing was cashing out options. He acquired that stock by exercising options, then immediately sold it. There's nothing ominous about that.
    Ding ding ding.

He may have kids that need money for college, wants to upgrade his house (in LA, that takes millions), or wants to build a Scrooge McDuck vault in his house. It's his stock options, he can do what he wants. He still has over 300k shares, and he hasn't announced retiring, but that won't stop the Chicken Littles here from declaring DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!

The only concern I have is if he is contemplating leaving, and if he does, who replaces him.

Morhaime sold 700,000 shares in 2013.

Shares have tripled since then, and Blizzard's portfolio has not only transitioned away from dependence on WoW, but diversified.

So, yeah. Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post

"Several sources". Name one. It is literally impossible to know anyone's net worth without full disclosure from that person - to know the exact details without their permission you'd have to commit several felonies.

But please, do share your "sources" - and if they're those fake bullshit "celebrity net worth" sites, I'm gonna laugh my ass off.
    Oh get off your damn high horse. We already discussed this in the thread. His Net Worth doesn't matter when he is confirmed a Multi-Millionaire. The dude is loaded and gets to retire whenever the fuck he wants. This is literally not an indication in the slightest of death at Blizzard. As I said in the thread already panic when Kosak, Kaplan or Metzen start dropping stocks.

Go ahead and short liberally. Let us know how that works out for you.

Actually, I'll bookmark this thread.

Oh look another thread where someone shakes chicken bones in a cup, spills them and declares the end of warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    Actually I was shocked by how small these numbers are. Last time I checked his net worth was over 1 billion, a hundred million doesn't seem that big of a deal, specially that they are exceeding all expectations.
    Edit: 1.8 billion to be exact
    Net worth doesn't mean shit, really.

Oh get off your damn high horse. We already discussed this in the thread. His Net Worth doesn't matter when he is confirmed a Multi-Millionaire. The dude is loaded and gets to retire whenever the fuck he wants. This is literally not an indication in the slightest of death at Blizzard. As I said in the thread already panic when Kosak, Kaplan or Metzen start dropping stocks.
    I'll get off my "high horse" when you stop using bad sources and making stuff up to prove your points, mkay?

He may have kids that need money for college, wants to upgrade his house (in LA, that takes millions), or wants to build a Scrooge McDuck vault in his house.
    Or, he simply wants diversification. You don't want to be like those Enron employees who kept all their retirement in Enron stock.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Corporate officers sell stock all the time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    just saw this article http://www.com-unik.info/activision-...-mkm-partners/ which shows Mike Morhaime selling a majority of his stock in Blizzard. This cant be a good sign for Blizzard stock value in the future when the Co-creator and CEO is dumping his stock like the party is over. They are putting up a lot of nice looking numbers in reports but actions speak louder than words.
    It's NOT BLIZZARD STOCK. It's Activision of which Blizzard is only a part. Jeez.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'll get off my "high horse" when you stop using bad sources and making stuff up to prove your points, mkay?
    I don't need to make up my sources. His Net Worth is literally irrelevant to discussion. His actual worth, which is SOURCED at MILLIONS is what matters.

So I say again, get off your high horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    he is 50 years old which is not spring chicken age but not usually retirement age for most people...maybe he is transitioning to something else or maybe just getting some cash but its not a good indication of the level of confidence in the company to be selling a majority of his stock.
    It would be retirement age for me if I had that sort of cash on hand. If I had access to that amount of stock options to cash out, I'd do it in a heartbeat and take everyone drinking.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-07-31 at 10:41 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Net worth doesn't mean shit, really.
    While I do agree that the numbers may be inaccurate to some extent, I can't see how net worth as a whole doesn't mean shit.

His point wasn't reliant on accurate numbers, you're just being an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Please tell me you didn't use one of those dumb "net worth" websites. They're completely crap, wrong, and useless.
    No, I asked mike to sit down with me and go through his assets one by one before posting here.

I don't need to make up my sources. His Net Worth is literally irrelevant to discussion. His actual worth, which is SOURCED at MILLIONS is what matters.

So I say again, get off your high horse.
    Ok then, source them, cause we aint seeing them. Unless this is more of your troll shit fucking posting?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

he is 50 years old which is not spring chicken age but not usually retirement age for most people...maybe he is transitioning to something else or maybe just getting some cash but its not a good indication of the level of confidence in the company to be selling a majority of his stock.
    With the amount of money he is likely worth 50 is perfectly acceptable retirement age.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Ok then, source them, cause we aint seeing them. Unless this is more of your troll shit fucking posting?
    You literally google Mike Morhaime Worth and get pages upon pages of results. We know for a fact he sold millions upon millions in shares multiple times now. He is ATLEAST a Multi-Millionaire. He is at best a Billionaire. Here are some "sources." You AREN'T looking for them, and you just want to call me names rather than check yourself. Pay SPECIAL ATTENTION to the bolded one.

http://gameranx.com/updates/id/7601/...in-videogames/
    http://naibuzz.com/2014/08/24/6-rich...ming-industry/
    http://www1.salary.com/Michael-Morha...ZZARD-INC.html
    http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...ime-net-worth/

while blizz rode the cash cow that is wow for a decade, the truth of the matter HS OW ect are cash cows in their own right at a fraction of the overhead. besides you know the whole retire early dream that liquidating those stocks would sure fund is mighty appealing.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he just wants to buy a new house. He's rich enough to make expensive purchases but not rich enough to have spare millions scattered around the house