Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    I need some advice on this. I don't want a job. I don't want to work 5 days or more a week from 9am-5pm slaving away. I've got some plans for the future about landing an apprenticeship or teaching myself and becoming an indie game developer but the one thing that seems to bother me is using up a lot time in my daily life devoted to working. I'm 19 years old and in Education but before these two years are up I need to seriously start making choices about how I'm going to solve this dilemma. I've never been obsessed with money and need help.

How do I get a job that requires barely any time or effort yet gets me the necessities in life? I don't want to feel like I'm wasting time. Anybody got some advice?
    I'm 17 years old, and before I got a job, I felt they exact same way, as I never needed money cause all I needed was wow. But It took me awhile to realize is, whether you are money obsessed or not, YOU NEED MONEY! Once your on your own, it turns into "Oh, do I want some extra spending money?" to "Oh, do I like eating?". Need a job if you ever want to move out, which I highly recommend you do before age 21.

And besides, having a Job isn't bad. Its even better than school, which I am sure you have slaved over some hours too. I'm a Checker at HEB ( a very good Texas based grocery store, not your average Walmart) and I get paid 11$ a hour. You meet some really cool people of all different ages and they are your second family. It not like when you go to work, your donating hours to some money lord, where it shortens your life (kinda). You still live each minute of it, and its what you make out of those minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    If you are female, find a rich guy and get pregnant. It any guy really. Your vagina is magic like that.
    ^ This also works too.
    Last edited by darkvexen; 2016-08-01 at 01:18 AM.

You could start virtual panhandling, or rather Twitch whatever you want to call it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    I make $40,000 from welfare. Just fake a mental illness
    You gotta be kidding me. Are you seriously saying that people are paying for your fake illness?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    [Post Removed] There was a post here, but now it's gone. Oh dear
    Last edited by Dristereau; 2016-08-08 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Reasons
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I actually find having a job kind of fun. You're getting experience, learning things, making connections etc. It has its own sense of accomplishment towards the furthering of your life that videogames and such don't really give. Even my first crappy job in fast food wasn't too bad. It was experience to put on a resume, and it was a bunch of other high schoolers. We had plenty of fun. Working tele support was crap too, but it lead to better things. Just keep in the back of your mind you're putting the time in for bigger and better things.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    I work four 10 hour days, 6:00 to 4:30 monday through thursday. Having a 3 day weekend every week is awesome.
    What kind of job do you do, if I may ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    heh.

Right.

Wait, those actually exist for the common rabble?
    Plenty. I've enjoyed every single job I had.

It is a lot about attitude. You can enjoy even the most mundane job in the world, if you set your mind up respectively. And if the job is truly boring still, then chances are you don't have much to do there, so you can spend the free time doing something you enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    What necessities in life are you referring to? Depending on your ambitions, you could get by with very little work as long as you realize you won't be able to afford much at all. If you play any instruments and read music, you could teach lessons just a few hours a week and make a couple hundred dollars. It won't get you a house, but it can pay for car insurance, phone bills, etc. You could do web design and make decent money as well in just a few hours of work as long as you are willing to network/advertise. If you put in a little effort into being creative with your career, you can get by pretty easily as long as you are reasonable with what you are looking to make.
    Last edited by Aoyi; 2016-08-01 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Perhaps you should read the rest of the thread dear
    Yeah im not reading 9 pages of whining.

Sums up the website pretty well, imo.

Mommy and Daddy aren't going to take care of you forever.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Easy as hell jobs that you do almost no work that are easy to get?

Security Guard
    Hotel Clerk - 3rd Shift
    Trucker (requires Truck licensing), most rigs are going automated. Soon, if not already, all you'll have to do is babaysit your truck.
    Landfill Operator - Most of them sit around and push a single button once the dumpsters are full to turn on the Crusher/Incinerator.
    Bank Teller (If you can pass a strict background check)

...That's just off the top of my head.
    Obviously you never drove truck before. They don't call it "sweat shop on wheels" for nothing.

As someone who has worked at least 40 hours a week for the past 12 years, get over it. A job is a fact of life. If you don't want it, win the lottery. Get welfare and foodstamps. Leech off of your friend or parents. Vast majority of people who went for their dreams got one or more jobs. You have a dream to be a developer, so get a job to get there.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by berkwaz View Post
    Obviously you never drove truck before. They don't call it "sweat shop on wheels" for nothing.
    I worked at a Truck Stop for a while. That and I know the new tech coming out for rigs, I believe that I know enough. Especially when the 86 year-old lady down the street is a rig driver.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Work in security and get paid to watch tv.

Bernie Sanders supporter i guess

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    9 to 5 is awful? Try 4 to 6.
    Alto pay is good.

Work sucks when you have a 9-5 but when Friday hits there's no better feeling. You have something to look forward to each week; Can't get that same feeling if you don't work.

I work 6 to 6.

PM to AM.

But I also browse the internet for probably 7 of those hours a night on average and work 3/4 days alternating weekly so I have long weekends.

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice is to get a part time job, try to live free with a parent/relative/friend. It is by no means glamourous, but you will have enough money to survive and enough time to pursue your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    Seems strange that everyone just accepts it despite not wanting to do it. This reminds me of Fight Club.
    They're called consequences. Starvation really sucks I'm told. Snark aside, Even if you live in a place that will give you enough welfare to live in a drug addled lethargy for the rest of your life, why would you want that?

Life is about overcoming struggle not avoiding it. You need to overcome whatever fear or apathy that is making you want to postpone adulthood indefinitely. There are few things more satisfying than enjoying the fruits from the work of your own hands. Go make your way in the world and enjoy feeling like an actual adult. It's far more fulfilling than a life of comfortable sloth.