Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I really really think it was a bad idea for Niantic to have an open test like this, allowing people to play and do in app purchases with what is essentially an unfinished product. Starbound just released its 1.0 version after having a long period of pre-release access. From what people who played it pre 1.0 are telling me is the game is a lot different and a lot more polished with a lot more features but a lot of the people who played it pre-release are already done with it and don't want to play the new version.
    What public test? The moment you accept in app microtransactions for real money the product ceases to be in testing and has been commercially released. No amount of Early Access tags can change that.

Deleted
    Didnt even start Pokemon Go yesterday. Wont play it until they fix all the problems they created themselves. I downloaded a 3DS Emulator instead, enjoying some Soul Silver. ^_^

Can always buy real 3DS and enjoy the games even more...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    I had all of them, Gameboy/Color/Advance/SP in my childhood, but ever since Nintendo DS nearly cost as much as a PS4 I said no to myself and kept enjoying the modern advantages of the internet.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    I had all of them, Gameboy/Color/Advance/SP in my childhood, but ever since Nintendo DS nearly cost as much as a PS4 I said no to myself and kept enjoying the modern advantages of the internet.
    You can always buy a used/pre-owned one. I bought a used 3DS XL in utterly mint condition for about $100.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

It's not the same. I actually have the latest 3DS. It's not the damn same. They're both fun, but they're different games. Different types of games!

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    It's not the same. I actually have the latest 3DS. It's not the damn same. They're both fun, but they're different games. Different types of games!
    What are, emulated Soul Silver and non-emulated Soul Silver?

- - - Updated - - -

I soo wish PS4 costs €180 as well as New 3DS XL...

Deleted
    What are, emulated Soul Silver and non-emulated Soul Silver?

- - - Updated - - -

I soo wish PS4 costs €180 as well as New 3DS XL...
    A week or two ago it was 249€ in my countrys Media Markt.

Edit: just checked it again, price is stable at 249€.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2016-08-01 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    what a load of garbage. was really enjoying the game too.

moving all the nests was a dick move as well. every pokemon nest becomes the next lowest basic pokemon nest. so in my area, the dratini nest became an eevee one. except eevee was already common here.

dratini doesnt even get nests anymore apparently which is stupid
    I'm sure there's a Dratini nest out there somewhere. A lake by my house which didn't even have a nest before, became a Vulpix nest.

A week or two ago it was 249€ in my countrys Media Markt.

Edit: just checked it again, price is stable at 249€.
    Buggers. Bought it back in March, was approx 180 eur around here but seems it went up yeah. Then again PS4 500 GB costs 340 eur and 1TB 363 eur around here, sucks to be part of small market...

Deleted
    Buggers. Bought it back in March, was approx 180 eur around here but seems it went up yeah. Then again PS4 500 GB costs 340 eur and 1TB 363 eur around here, sucks to be part of small market...
    MediaMarkt has ab online store and theres Amazon also

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I'm sure there's a Dratini nest out there somewhere. A lake by my house which didn't even have a nest before, became a Vulpix nest.
    Considering how many of those smalls fuckers I've found so far I doubt pretty much their nests exists at all Same as pickachu even though I've managed to find two already, one on radar only as I refused to run out half naked and it disappeared before I dressed up and one I cought finally...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious when people say Pokevision is Cheating or Tracking isn't needed or part of the game.

Protip: Even in the actual games the Pokedex let you see spawn points of Pokemon from the Map, how is Pokevision any different?

I liked Pokevision since if I could see something nearby I actually went and actively got it. Without Tracking I don't feel like aimlessly walking in circles to find a Pokemon that is like 400m in the other direction. Already uninstalled, was fun while it lasted.

Deleted
    Now, while I'm mostly satisfied with the last patch regarding stability and some convenient extra functions. The complete removal of the step-tracking-system shows to me, that they are not willing to build up enough server power to meet the current demand.

While from the PR perspective their way of communication is amateurish at best. I can understand from an economical viewpoint, that they are not willing to invest into a stronger server infrastructure. If it is not needed in the middle / long term.

They are well aware, that their current server infrastructure is good enough to sustain the number of players, which will remain active after the hype subsides.
    And at that point I'm pretty sure, that they will reintroduce all the tracking functions.

They have made the decision, that they can still net a very good profit only with a core player-base and they don't actually care for the people who play this game for a few weeks and drop it.

I'll admit that I used "quick throws" here and there but since the patch it seems even the lowest CP Pokemon keeps breaking out out. It seems a lot more random now, or is there something I'm missing?

the tracking doesnt need to be server-side, all they have to do is make the tracking/distance calculation client-side, on the device, that is all.

Their website already updated the picture from tracking with steps to tracking without steps. That to me indicates they already decided to scrap distance tracking completely

edit: https://support.pokemongo.nianticlab...-Pok%C3%A9mon-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    for real dude, there are no more dratini nests, they all became eevee nests. for dratini nests to be a thing still, bulbasaur nests would've had to roll over to them but they didnt. starter nests are the same.
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how this has less features then when it launched...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever since Niantic rolled out the update that removed the ability to track Pokémon, this is the effect:

In addition, massive refunds are happening and even Google has issued an apologie on their PlayStore lol.

Besides that, Pokémon Go has a rating of 1.5 star in the Japanese AppStore right now. I'm sure the Japanese must be fuming about what Niantic is doing to their beloved franchise in addition to releasing it so late. But as it looks now Niantic is basically pressured into re-adding tracking to the game because it really can not survive this brutality that's going on. I am enjoying seeing all of this though not gonna lie xd

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Ever since Niantic rolled out the update that removed the ability to track Pokémon, this is the effect:

Pretty much.
    The devs thought, "only a small percentage of players even know about pokevision."
    But the hardcore player are the foundation of the community.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -