Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    The argument where you pick and choose the cities. I have heard that many times. Again not letting Dems off the hook but its always the same red headed step children brought up.

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why cant I say; "Poor states always have Republican governors!"
    Well there's a significant difference between states that have been poor since the end of the civil war, and cities that were rich, but run into the ground by shitty and corrupt leadership

So black lives matter to republicans? Jesus christ I've never seen people work so hard to prove that their shitty behaviour is ok. Republicans have destroyed the white american middle class and increased the massive income disparity by destroying unions, increasing the influence of money in politics, supporting corporations over people, they run the states where the most illegal immigrants are hired(when they supposedly care about immigrants) they are against any assistance of any kind to poor people (black or white) they constantly attempt to enact policies that serve no purpose but to disenfranchise voters or restrict teir very ability to survive. They oppose any sort of police reform, despite the fact that their incoherent rabid gun nut fans will immediately decry the militarization of police and their abuse of power.

There is no universe in which republicans as they stand today are anything but religiously driven bigots attempting to destroy society for anyone that isnt a rich white man, at the expense of poor white people most of all. And the best part is bigots like the OP, raking through a bunch of conjecture and bullshit to imply that the support of democrats by black people is somehow surprising and wrong.

Why are people allowed to post this imaginary bullshit on forums?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well there's a significant difference between states that have been poor since the end of the civil war, and cities that were rich, but run into the ground by shitty and corrupt leadership
    What are you talking about? I actually got almost the same reply about the fucking Civil War by someone else. This is the new talking point. Blame the fucking Civil War on states being poor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    So black lives matter to republicans? Jesus christ I've never seen people work so hard to prove that their shitty behaviour is ok. Republicans have destroyed the white american middle class and increased the massive income disparity by destroying unions, increasing the influence of money in politics, supporting corporations over people, they run the states where the most illegal immigrants are hired(when they supposedly care about immigrants) they are against any assistance of any kind to poor people (black or white) they constantly attempt to enact policies that serve no purpose but to disenfranchise voters or restrict teir very ability to survive. They oppose any sort of police reform, despite the fact that their incoherent rabid gun nut fans will immediately decry the militarization of police and their abuse of power.

There is no universe in which republicans as they stand today are anything but religiously driven bigots attempting to destroy society for anyone that isnt a rich white man, at the expense of poor white people most of all. And the best part is bigots like the OP, raking through a bunch of conjecture and bullshit to imply that the support of democrats by black people is somehow surprising and wrong.

You're talking about a forum that has one of the last remaining #FiveGuysAndFries / GamerGate threads on the internet. It's fairly hands-off despite what you might hear from a few posters with the usual victim complexes.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If the Repugnicans want illegals out they don't need to build a wall, send people who hire illegals to prison and the jobs will dry up and they will go home willingly. They don't steal jobs, people give them jobs.
    There are systems that could solve such issues. Secretly, republicans don't want to solve the immigration problem because lobbyist want to keep their slave labor. It has been offered numerous times in bill negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I fail to see where an admission of not pandering to a group is consistent with bias against that group. African Americans, like any group are a diverse group, ranging from staunch far right anti gay, religious, nuclear family oriented republicans, to hand-out loving take-no-responsibility far left democrats as is ANY group.

Admitting to not pandering to their demographic isn't tantamount to racism or bias. African Americans are important to this country because they are human beings, just like EVERY other human being. But they shouldn't be pandered to, no one should.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    This implies all white people in the South today are as racist as the were in the 60s which is absolutely false. The Klan is all but dead in the south the truth of it is people stopped caring about every color but green. In the 60s and 70s Democrat policies hurt America and the Republicans got tied to Nixxon's shit .

Regain came along in the 80s he was an outsider and spoke for unity, economic stability and growth and because he delivered the South and Midwest which had been swing states became the bastion they are today. From then on conservatism was the creed of the Republicans until the neocons took over. Sure they preached what Regan did but their actions were completely the opposite.

Now we are facing another change in the Republican party people are tired of being promised conservatism and then the Republicans spending shit tons of money. Now its all about isolationism and populism.
    It doesn't imply all white southerners are racist.

The KKK is far from dead, mostly it's underground.

Yeah, and isolationism is pretty terrible. We don't want to be north korea.

As for the OP and the rest of this thread, black communities may not be bustling centers of commerce and culture, but let's take a look at black areas between 50 years ago and today, and all the Democrats have done to help them. Now let's try and pretend Democrats have done "nothing". Rofl.

Progress is still progress, and the Democrats have done way more for black communities than the Republican strategy of active disenfranchisement.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post

I'm a republican. I make about 40k a year because I made stupid choices out of high school and quit college early. I got married at 26 and a year later, my wife left me because I was a lazy shit and since that time I have been working my ass off. I went from having no car, living for free with a friend, and being a glorified boxboy to having a modern, reliable vehicle, living in a respectable apartment in a lower middle class neighborhood, going back to school to finish my last 2 years, and being in a healthy, mutually beneficial relationship.

DO NOT equate all republicans with the racist caricature that the loudest politicians and the media would force down your throat. I know this is MMO-C and the entry requirements to post on these forums are that you have 1 working finger and that you don't drool so much that you keyboard shorts out, but think for yourself and don't generalize an entire group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It doesn't imply all white southerners are racist.

The KKK is far from dead, mostly it's underground.

Yeah, and isolationism is pretty terrible. We don't want to be north korea.

As for the OP and the rest of this thread, black communities may not be bustling centers of commerce and culture, but let's take a look at black areas between 50 years ago and today, and all the Democrats have done to help them. Now let's try and pretend Democrats have done "nothing". Rofl.

Progress is still progress, and the Democrats have done way more for black communities than the Republican strategy of active disenfranchisement.
    The KKK is as dead as any ideology can be, being 'undergound' doesn't disprove his point, it strengthens it. And it's ironic that the same people who preach about how isolationism is terrible are the same people who cry whenever the US intervenes in foreign affairs, militarily or otherwise. We NEED some isolationism right now, let the world go to hell a bit and work on ourselves or we're just going to join them.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about? I actually got almost the same reply about the fucking Civil War by someone else. This is the new talking point. Blame the fucking Civil War on states being poor?
    I suggest you read up on the Reconstruction Era, the Cotton Gin - and the further developments in the mechanization of farming. So yes... The South is STILL poor due to the Civil War, but indirectly. That and I doubt anyone in there right mind wants to live there because it's hotter and more humid than Satan's taint 9 months a years.

I've already linked to The Southern Strategy and RNC Chairman apologetics on the first page. Trump is literally their presidential nominee.

Are you admitting your willful ignorance on the subject or are you really that clueless?
    So your entire evidence to support your claim of a "coalition of bigots" is a 60+ year old strategy and one guy saying "hey" we're not doing enough to get our message across to African Americans... And in your mind this equals some sort of Republican conspiracy?
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

That is more of a pro-business Republican stance. Does any of these businesses have to hire these illegal immigrants? Answer is: NO.

For the free market, capitalist. It always baffles me about the demand side of cheap labor. Businesses want the cheap labor of illegals for many reasons besides wages. So they freeze out the people who want to work, but not for a wage they cannot live on.

I love how black people are low wage people getting squeezed out. Not that these jobs are for any one else. Which I could go off on another rant about how white or black people are not going to do most jobs illegals now do. Especially for the wage.
    Dont mistake me, i dont support the republicans either, i dont favor either main US party, both are pure cancer, if i were to vote id throw it away and write in Ron Paul, I dont see the point in endorsing someone who i disagree with, cutting the nose to spite the face i think the term was.

Yeah, immigration is abused by big business, thats why its cancerous to society.

Free market capitalism isnt the problem, the problem is the artificial infinite supply of workers, its simple supply and demand, when there is a surplus of workers and a shortage of work, employers can afford to cherry pick the most exploitable denomination to employ. The current situation is just a symptom of the real issue which is immigration, deal with that and you can deal with an exploited work force, wealth gap, unemployment and poverty.

This also affects housing, same supply/demand principles applies, if the population increases and the houses dont, then inevitably housing prices increase, which means that workers need to pay more for a place to live, which they dont get because employers are exploiting people, and if you can get a job, you will get paid shit for your work, leading again to poverty

So yeah i think supporting immigration is an assault on the poor of the country, and in a round about way trump is actually fighting for the poor while hillary is just her typical crony self, not to say i endorse trump, i dont trust him, i dont think he would make a good president, but to fall into the trap of cutting the nose to spite the face, i do think hes better than hillary.

Blackness doesnt mean one is poor, but proportionately more poor are black, dont turn this into a racism issue when its not, black crime stems from unemployment, and unemployment is exacerbated by immigration, so it is stupid that poor blacks would vote for a party that would negatively affect them. And for the record, it affects poor whites all the same, and hell the poor legal mexican immigrants if it really needs to be stated

As for whether businesses have to hire the illegals, actually the answer is YES. Those who exploit their workforce will be able to cut costs, increase profits and push their competition out of the market, you may say that they dont have to, but if the competition doesnt cut wages to remain competitive, they will fail, so their options are typically to either exploit or fail, which is essentially a lose lose situation.

and as for blacks and whites not doing the jobs that illegals do, they will if they are paid appropriately. High tide raises all ships, companies expecting to be able to pay cleaners nothing while they make millions in profits need a reality check, if they expect to hire workers in an area where rich live and poor cant afford, then they need to ensure that the poor can actually get to their jobs.

For the right price people will often do anything, perhaps its just the case that those jobs are simply not paid enough, and that state has been accepted for so long because the state of immigration and worker exploitation.

One side note, it may seem that i am painting immigrants as the devil, but im not, i perfectly understand why they do what they do, it makes sense, you allow anyone into your home, dont cry when your cupboard is empty, the blame in that situation is the home owners fault, not the guests. Also i consider immigration one part of the problem, which is the supply of workers, the other part is the demand for labour, which is simply in decline due to automation and outsourcing jobs, 2 things immigrants dont affect.

Id also support tarrifs on foreign goods, especially from countries with exploited work forces. Banning slavery in your country while exploiting slaves in another country is equally despicable. Those actions also kill off any opportunity for entrepreneurship since creating a profitable business in your own country with foreign slave labour competition is impossible. Tarrifs based on the workforces exploitation could even lead to the reduction in foreign exploitation if you give half a shit about humans in other countries. This is simply protection of your own countries work force, something that is in the interest of all citizens.

Lastly is automation, jobs are getting replaced by robots, its not a matter of if, but rather a matter of how fast, and its not just hardware, software also reduces the need for certain forms of employment. There really isnt a way that free market capitalism can protect anyone from this. Automation is a good thing in many ways, but its not without its problems, the only thing i can think of to fix this issue is to tax businesses with an automated workforce proportionately to the jobs that get replaced.

Any government that does not take these things into account is not thinking for their people, and as far as i can tell that applies to both main parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    black lives dont even matter to black people

they murder each other more than anyone else lmao and they wanna start yelling at white people because every time a nigga that got pulled over by a cop and got shot because they wouldn't comply is on the news when they would listen to and comply with a cop if they were pulled over. it's the dumbest shit i've ever seen.

the whole movement is such a fucking joke that a death threat from blm can be taken about as seriously as kim jong-il's threats to bomb america with nukes
    Ahhh!! The good OLE racists.

Ah the good OLE koolaid drinkers.
    -Darsithis

Democrats have some weird ass mental domination over black people. They do next to nothing for them lol, but at the same time still try to pretend they are their allies. Obama has had a big opportunity to turn things around but squandered it. Look at a city like Chicago, has the mayor announced any sort of plan or strategy to reduce the amount of homicides on the south side? Obama was a senator for Illinois - has he offered up any solutions here?

I get that there's a lot of angst against the police, but at the same time I can imagine people probably don't enjoy traveling home from work and having to worry about getting murdered or gang violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    DO NOT equate all republicans with the racist caricature that the loudest politicians and the media would force down your throat.
    Republicans do a good enough job of that on their own.

Source: Republican Party Platform, 2016
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Gandrake's point still stands. BLM sensationalizes wacky stories in which cops kill black people because they are the biggest attention getters, but at the same time most of the cases are really bad examples of police brutality because the criminals usually did something that warranted them getting shot. The whole thing has lead to a hive mind mentality where black youth really believe the cops just go around and kill people for no reason and that police nationwide are planning these attacks cohesively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I fail to see where
    Ken Mehlman, Chairman of the RNC: "Republican candidates often have prospered by ignoring black voters and even by exploiting racial tensions"

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Republicans do a good enough job of that on their own.

Source: Republican Party Platform, 2016
    That logic is pretty weak.

If we go by what we saw at the conferences, then Democrats are whiny babies that boo when they don't get their way and dedicate almost all their stagetime to bashing the other side and playing videos about their opposition.

Both conventions were shitshows

Tony you are on time-out with me until you start with constructive arguments.
    LOL, what im saying is that, historically, Most southern states never quite recovered after the civil war and have been poor for over 100 years. Regardless of leadership, good and bad.

Certain cities on the other hand, like Detroit, have went from being prosperous to being incredibly poor, over the course of a relatively short period of time. This can partially be attributed to circumstance, but I feel largely on poor leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    That logic is pretty weak.

If we go by what we saw at the conferences, then Democrats are whiny babies that boo when they don't get their way and dedicate almost all their stagetime to bashing the other side and playing videos about their opposition.
    Well. Thank GOD the Republicans did not do ANY of this at all.

Well. Thank GOD the Republicans did not do ANY of this at all.
    I just edited my post to say both conventions were shitshows. The RNC was terrible and the DNC was terrible, I'd honestly be hard pressed to pick which one was worse.