Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did they get rid of Divine Protection

Deleted
    Divine Protection is a Holy only spell in Legion.

Instead of DP Prot will be using the Truthguard's ability which is on a 1 min CD .

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post

Instead of DP Prot will be using the Truthguard's ability which is on a 1 min CD .
    Thank you! This seems to be the consensus on the server also!

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post

Huh? Prot still has Divine Protection.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Huh? Prot still has Divine Protection.
    No, DP is not for Prot.
    We have:
    • Guardian of Ancient Kings (50% for 8 sec)
    • Eye of Tyr (25% for 9 sec, Artifact)
    • Argent Defender (20% for 8 sec)
    • Divine Steed (20% for 3 sec, Talent)

Quote Originally Posted by artog View Post
    No, DP is not for Prot.
    We have:
    • Guardian of Ancient Kings (50% for 8 sec)
    • Eye of Tyr (25% for 9 sec, Artifact)
    • Argent Defender (20% for 8 sec)
    • Divine Steed (20% for 3 sec, Talent)
    I will assume it gets replaced by Kings or Ardent Defender, because i'm on my lvl 41 prot paladin and i definitely have Divine Protection.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

If at 100 you are really missing the low cd cooldown I'd advise using the heirloom trinket Purified Shard of the Third Moon since the 100 version gives you a 200k shield every min against non demon and double against them on a 1min cd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    I will assume it gets replaced by Kings or Ardent Defender, because i'm on my lvl 41 prot paladin and i definitely have Divine Protection.
    You in fact do not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    You in fact do not
    http://i.imgur.com/Y0RicZF.jpg

Get your facts straight, mate. Level 64 Prot Paladin.

Get your facts straight, mate. Level 64 Prot Paladin.[/QUOTE]

Just to clear this up
    prot pally do get divine protection at 26
    the spell is however replace at 65 by Ardent defender

Deleted
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my original response for completeness' sake.

So if it gets replaced, can we use "Divine Protection" in a macro and it will cast Ardent Defender?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    So if it gets replaced, can we use "Divine Protection" in a macro and it will cast Ardent Defender?
    That appears to be the consensus.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, I have confirmed

I still have Divine Shield in my spellbook, and when I use it Ardent Defender does NOT go on CD. I used this last night in HFC and took zero damage for 8 seconds, as opposed to having damage reduced. I am spec'd into Final Stand, so perhaps that makes a difference?

- - - Updated - - -

Just confirmed at Throne of Kil'Jaeden. Pulled a few mobs, cast Divine Shield, and stood there watching my health bar. I took zero damage for 8 seconds.

Nevermind lol. I thought you were talking about Divine Shield, which would have been a big deal. Divine Protection we can live without; we have plenty of other CDs.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-08-09 at 01:08 PM. Reason: realized I misunderstood.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedaddy View Post
    Yes, I have confirmed
    Nice, that saves me 8 characters xD

does this crap actually make a difference now?
    i mean 20% is fuck all, anything that would kill you at low health is still gonna kill you..not sure its worth the keybind and hassle

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    does this crap actually make a difference now?
    i mean 20% is fuck all, anything that would kill you at low health is still gonna kill you..not sure its worth the keybind and hassle
    It WAS tremendously useful and powerful in WoD due to being a nifty, short cd, offgcd, with a tricky glyph to modify according to your needs spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    It WAS tremendously useful and powerful in WoD due to being a nifty, short cd, offgcd, with a tricky glyph to modify according to your needs spell.
    and that is why they removed it for ret. it was a atrocity that we have something useful!

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    and that is why they removed it for ret. it was a atrocity that we have something useful!
    You like it very salty, don't you?