Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Do you play tabletop RPG's?

Hello champions, good to see you!

So, after some years I've finally got into tabletop RPG's. I've started playing Vampire: The Masquerade in January, and haven't stopped since.

Last weekend I've tried Dungeons and Dragons, and it was pretty cool too.

Do people around here play this kind of games too? If yes, what is your favourite? Share some of your stories!

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer video game RPGs, my imagination is garbage.

I've played a number of systems over the years, but my current choice is D&D 5e. I love the D&D mythology and myriad worlds, and while 5e lacks the variety of options I feel I enjoyed in 3.x, it does a fairly strong job in playability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Dungeons & Dragons. I started when I was 12 or 13 and played a lot through High School and College. I hadn't played in a long while after College, but last year some friends got together and we've been playing regularly, up to just about once every week at this point. Its a super fun game, but the fun depends a lot on who you play with. My friends and I are all pretty laid back so our games involve a lot of snacks, laughing, socializing, and a little bit of actually playing. =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I love Dungeons & Dragons. I started when I was 12 or 13 and played a lot through High School and College. I hadn't played in a long while after College, but last year some friends got together and we've been playing regularly, up to just about once every week at this point. Its a super fun game, but the fun depends a lot on who you play with. My friends and I are all pretty laid back so our games involve a lot of snacks, laughing, socializing, and a little bit of actually playing. =)
    That is the beauty of role playing games: The social aspect. While you can be social in virtual games, like MMORPG's, there is nothing like this: Getting a bunch of friends together with snacks and good stories to tell. If you end up playing a session is just an excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    That is the beauty of role playing games: The social aspect. While you can be social in virtual games, like MMORPG's, there is nothing like this: Getting a bunch of friends together with snacks and good stories to tell. If you end up playing a session is just an excuse.
    The funny story is that for YEARS we've been saying, "lets get together once a month" and ended up being 2-3 times a year for breakfast on a Sunday. The moment we attached playing D&D to getting together it became an event and suddenly everyone had the time to make it, and we went from 1/month to 2/month to now just about every Saturday afternoon.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

I play D&D, just had our first session of a new campaign this last weekend. That's about the extent of it, I don't feel like investing in Warhammer even though I love the setting and lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I play D&D 3rd edition. I have been the DM of our current group for the past 14 years. We have a group of 7 or so friends, varies a little from night to night. We are all in our 30-40s and often it is hard to get everyone together. Although I must admit we haven't played in awhile because I have been very busy, and during summer we normally never play anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played any in years, just hard to get people on board with their schedules compared to mine, but I have been itching to try and really set something weekly up. Use to run a lot of homebrew systems for the most part back when I had people to play with.

Yes and no. I have played them (very rarely) in the past but its tough to find a serious minded group. However, I read and purchase a lot of TTG material despite not having a regular group of players for some time.

I am a nerd like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yes and no. I have played them (very rarely) in the past but its tough to find a serious minded group. However, I read and purchase a lot of TTG material despite not having a regular group of players for some time.

I am a nerd like that.
    I am the storyteller in a session of Vampire: The Masquerade and one thing that I'm happy is that I have serious players - we usually gather to play, and we do play when we have time (we use Roll20, so it's cool).

Which TTG do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Which TTG do you like?
    Warhammer Fantasy, Pathfinder, D20 Modern, 5e Eberron, 13th Age, FFG Star Wars, The Strange, etc.

I don't mind story driven games, but I love mechanics/crunch games most of all. I think this is why I didn't like The Dresden Files RPG much.

I play Pathfinder. Love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I'd really enjoy it. I have a hell of an imagination and I'm a good problem solver. Unfortunately I live in a small town(>250), so there aren't any options to find a group to play with. Honestly, if it wasn't for living in this damn town all my life I would probably have a bunch more nerdy hobbies.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread saddens me, BattleTech table top is one of the old school table top games, though you can use miniatures to play the game, it plays similar to D&D in certain aspects, just with a hex board and robot figurines rather than your imagination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Warhammer 40k/Fantasy (9th Age really but... w/e), but those are really Miniature Wargaming games...

I like Dark Heresy once a year or so.

I get together with friends and play Pathfinder campaigns every once in a while. We've also done a bit of D&D and Gamma World. We usually take turns with DMing. When you're the DM, we play through your campaign/game of your choice, until you get tired of it and decide it's someone else's turn. Aside from a few breaks (we sometimes have long periods where we can't get the whole group together for a while), we've been doing it for a couple of years and usually try to get together once a week.

We are very, very laid back, and we do a lot of things that wouldn't fly in official games. It's a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowrun, pretty much anything from white wolf and the best of all; plush power and plunder

Deleted
    Used to play a lot of AD&D and D&D 3 in highschool. Also a bit of GURPS. This all dissolved when I went to University. Tried once more with a different group, but the DM wasn't to my liking (my previous DM was very...very good).

I'd like to get into it again, but I keep moving to different countries, and finding a stable group with complete strangers takes a lot of effort.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm a member of 3 different PnP groups, so yeah!

I've got 2 Pathfinder groups (We're playing Giantslayer, which kinda sucks, in group 1, and group 2 is about to start up on Strange Aeons, which I'll be GM'ing). One group plays once a week, the other will play once or twice a month.

My third group plays whatever we want, we finished up a 1-20 Pathfinder campaign (3rd party plot known as Way of the Wicked, it was okay), and right now we are playing Dark Heresy 2nd edition. In this grop we've also played Vampire, Mage and SAS-plots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Yeah I play D&D 3rd edition. I have been the DM of our current group for the past 14 years. We have a group of 7 or so friends, varies a little from night to night. We are all in our 30-40s and often it is hard to get everyone together. Although I must admit we haven't played in awhile because I have been very busy, and during summer we normally never play anyway.
    3rd edition? Really? Huh. Never met a D&D player who didn't either stick to AD&D or 3.5. Well, that's not true, my neighbour and his roommate are avid 4th edition players... Mostly because they've spend like $2000 on books, maps and merchs believing it was the best thing ever.... They were very disappointed, yet keep playing it. Have yet to try 5th, but I've heard good things about it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann