Poll: What's more difficult?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Question What's more difficult?

Hey guys,

Simple question I want to know, is it more difficult to work at a job to pay for a child for 18 years or to carry the child for 9 months?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Simple question I want to know, is it more difficult to work at a job to pay for a child for 18 years or to carry the child for 9 months?
    The answer is doing both while also caring for said child.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The answer is doing both while also caring for said child.
    And even harder when one does that all alone. But I'm sure that wasn't his real point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

This is a stupid question, it's obviously 18 years of work.

I can carry a baby under my arm, no problem.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Your question is really biased and not representative of what actually happens.

So like do you carry the baby for 9 months then disappear. Then the other person works for 18 years while someone else takes care of it then disappears? Or is the person carrying the baby 9 months and 100% taking care of it for 18 years while the other person works?

You're just way too far off base with this..

7+ Year Old Account
    Do I get to rest my arms every now and then? Or can I like strap the child to my back? What is the mass of said child? What about bathroom breaks/sleeping situation.

Fuck it, I choose C: There is not sufficient information to answer the question.
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

My super senses are telling me that OP is trying to make a point.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the responses so far

Full term pregnancies are 40 weeks. Not 9 months.

Obviously raising a child. Like, not even comparable. Nothing is comparable.

Deleted
    18 years is a long time, and a lot of stuff that happens, just saying.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see what you're getting at, and it's silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Difficult" as in requires a bigger total effort? Apparently, 18 years of work. "Difficult" as in requires a bigger effort at the moment? Depends on the job!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

How the fuck should I know? You know how this is gonna go.

I will add this. When you live paycheck to paycheck, it's hard enough to take care of yourself for 18 years. Add in expenses of a child and you would probably have an easier life in prison.

Deleted
    Hohohah. This thread will end so badly.

Hey guys,

Your second example is merely a function of biology that lasts for nine months; whereas, your first example is merely a causality of the second example that puts you into a quasi form of slavery for eighteen years. Also, to be technical, child support is nothing more than a government imposed form of debt that's enforced via debtor's prison; hence, it's unlawful under the Constitution.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-08-02 at 10:42 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Your second example is merely a function of biology that lasts for nine months; whereas, your first example is merely a causality of the second example that puts you into a quasi form of slavery for eighteen years.
    But don't worry, the product of the second example is life itself, which is basically a quasi form of slavery. If we're going to go there everything is slavery! Awesome. The only logical response is to all commit suicide.

Or maybe recognise that calling parenthood "a quasi form of slavery" is just asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Also, to be technical, child support is nothing more than a government imposed form of debt that's enforced via debtor's prison; hence, it's unlawful under the Constitution.
    Procreation and the requirement to take care of our offspring is a fundamental element of human existence. If that is unconstitutional, then the constitution has failed fundamentally.

- - - Updated - - -

Simple question maybe, but there is no simple answer. The correct answer is that neither of your options is even remotely close to correct because every case is different.

I am guessing though that you are having an argument with someone and want us to validate your opinion (which likely isn't actually the question you are asking)