Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Those people that hack are a blight on all FPS online games. They are scums that destroy games online. For one hacker there are countless players that quit games because of them. I remember so many games that lost players because of hacking. CoD, DoD,CS, Medal of honor, BF just to name a few.

Blizzard permanently banning them is great and everyone has been warned. The fact that they banned again if they repurchase is great. It says we dont want YOU the player to ever play our game.

Great move blizzard, much appreciated.

How wide spread was even this hacking? I don't think I've ever encountered a hacker so far

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    How wide spread was even this hacking? I don't think I've ever encountered a hacker so far
    Pretty rare, I've only seen two. Both Hanzos.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    In over 1000 games I'm not sure I've seen more than a handful I've been suspicious of. The thing is, the way counters work and that it's a team game; those who I've suspected haven't necessarily won as a result of it. If one player is being particularly troublesome be it through skill or cheating, you can switch to counter them, focus them, and limit their impact on the game - particularly if they're cheating, they won't play well under pressure because they're not actually good players and crutch on their bots. The major issues come up if there are 2 or 3 playing together; I mentioned a couple of Hanzos a few weeks ago that even their own team were calling out - that you can't do much about.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-08-02 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    Only encountered one player I was truly suspicious of, playing Widowmaker. I've been accused of cheating playing Hanzo though, just because I loosed a stray arrow that nailed some unfortunate sod in the forehead.

Cheaters should not be allowed to play any games. If only cheaters in RL would be so easily caught like cheaters in Overwatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    *Mr Burns voice, clasps fingertips together* Eeeexcellent.

Doesn't read EULA -> accepts -> breaks rules -> complains -> Blizzards fault. Makes sense.

These are the same people who go "Y U SALTY XDDDDD SALT SALT SALT" when you question their suspicious plays. Or the good 'ol "There's no hackers in overwatch, you're just bad"

I don't know how anyone finds hacking fun. The only one I can think of is if they're using a minimap for enemy locations, but that's not that much of an advantage, considering the point of the game is to move to a certain point, whether payload or capture point. Using it on attack could be more useful, but you know they're coming for you by standing on the objective. You'd get a marginal increase.

I just don't get it. It sounds like no fun at all if the game aims for you.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Cause if they did good for them. Rolf the responses from cheaters are hilarious

https://twitter.com/SpacedLetters/st...23917541539840

- - - Updated - - -

LOL http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi
    I can't stand posts like this. You obviously knew that a ban wave came out. Why in the world would you ask if one did in the thread title? I just don't get it. Why not make it "EL OH EL BAN WAVE LULS" or something just as obnoxious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    I can't stand posts like this. You obviously knew that a ban wave came out. Why in the world would you ask if one did in the thread title? I just don't get it. Why not make it "EL OH EL BAN WAVE LULS" or something just as obnoxious.
    Someone's salty. Get banned?

Wish Blizzard gave us a indication how many people they banned.

Sometimes you see people killing others with impossible speeds and what it feels like random shooting and I do wonder how many of those are luck/skill from that person and how many of those deaths have been because of ''player assistance software''.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Someone's salty. Get banned?
    Nah. I've never cheated in any game except for Counter Strike 5.1 lol. Had a hack that let you spawn as a CT in T spawn. Or "ghost hacks" that made you 100% invisible. Just fun hacks like 12 years ago. Id never use aim assist / walls, etc. I have no need to.

Its just idiotic to say "was there a ban wave" in your thread title then proceed directly into your post by linking proof to said wave. Kinda pointless to make that the title. Kind of silly to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    In over 1000 games I'm not sure I've seen more than a handful I've been suspicious of. The thing is, the way counters work and that it's a team game; those who I've suspected haven't necessarily won as a result of it.
    Yup, pretty much. I mean, consider the Hard AI bots. They pretty much have ridiculous aimbots but a good team can still beat them really easily because the bots don't use any real tactics. So think of hackers like hard AI bots. It's not always obvious when someone is hacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Nah. I've never cheated in any game except for Counter Strike 5.1 lol. Had a hack that let you spawn as a CT in T spawn. Or "ghost hacks" that made you 100% invisible. Just fun hacks like 12 years ago. Id never use aim assist / walls, etc. I have no need to.

Its just idiotic to say "was there a ban wave" in your thread title then proceed directly into your post by linking proof to said wave. Kinda pointless to make that the title. Kind of silly to be honest.
    They may have been asking if the posted evidence was a hoax. It's pretty obvious their first language is not English, and quite possibly doesn't even use the latin alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, there was apparently at least 2 ban waves; I've seen some reports by people who got overlooked in the first wave who thought they were home free.

I definitely support the permaban-and-ban-all-future-licenses stance Blizzard's taking, though.
    just immagine if that had been with wow a year ago it would be utter chaos, and maybe some server merges

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Those people that hack are a blight on all FPS online games. They are scums that destroy games online. For one hacker there are countless players that quit games because of them. I remember so many games that lost players because of hacking. CoD, DoD,CS, Medal of honor, BF just to name a few.

Blizzard permanently banning them is great and everyone has been warned. The fact that they banned again if they repurchase is great. It says we dont want YOU the player to ever play our game.

Great move blizzard, much appreciated.
    now all they need to do is have this on wow and w'll be great the russian tears when they are banned for bottting and hacking in pvp will be savored

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I haven't played in a while, but is anyone noticing less people completely owning them?
    I wondered the same thing when I saw this post. I played a little last night and some today and I feel like there is a difference in people's reaction time and ability to just 180 and shut you down in the middle of activating an ultimate. I hadn't realized that there were so many people using cheats... I hope Blizzard stays on top of it because it's definitely more enjoyable to play on even terms with everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do enjoy how harsh the bans are for Overwatch.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

MFW I got called a hacker/botter every few days in quickplay. "I hope you get banned."

Now they're banning actual cheaters. Feels good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Enjoy the salt
    http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi

Its really good
    10/10 would read again. Everything is there is gold, from "I didn't, I only used a aim bot" to "Leave us alone, we were just hacking your online game".

One think I want to know. For how long do those were playing with legit player. How many game to they made other lose because they are cheatting asshole. I get the whole "we gather info to ban them all at the same time" but while they wait with there name in a pill, we have to play with those asshole.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads