Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Chinese paying Model

Does anyone have a clue how exactly the chinese paying Model works? is it more expensive or cheaper than the actual Model for gamer enthusiasts?

I think I read they pay by the hour? Which would be cheaper depending upon how many hours are played, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I think I read they pay by the hour? Which would be cheaper depending upon how many hours are played, I suppose.
    Not anymore. Blizzard China is switching over to a monthly sub in China. No more paying for minutes to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is all probably more expensive relatively speaking since the average income over there is much less.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    It is all probably more expensive relatively speaking since the average income over there is much less.
    The way I understand his question, he's not asking whether or not the subscription is more expensive than in other countries, but if it's more expensive to buy a month now than it was to buy a comparable amount of hours before.

I'd imagine it'll be more expensive for people who only play a few dozen hours a month. On the other hand, it'll most likely be cheaper for people who play several hours every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Not anymore. Blizzard China is switching over to a monthly sub in China. No more paying for minutes to play.
    NetEase. NetEase operates the game in China.

It's 5$ for 45 hours, so if you play more than 135 hours a month, you pay less than Chinese. If you don't, you pay more. This is obviously without taking into consideration the fact that Chinese earn much less in comparison to 'Muricans, so it turns out much more expensive for them either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It's 5$ for 45 hours, so if you play more than 135 hours a month, you pay less than Chinese. If you don't, you pay more. This is obviously without taking into consideration the fact that Chinese earn much less in comparison to 'Muricans, so it turns out much more expensive for them either way.
    That's extremely expensive for a serious player. Average time played per month is in the 300-400 hour range.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That's extremely expensive for a serious player. Average time played per month is in the 300-400 hour range.
    10-13 hours a day? Only a few players can put in that amount of time...

They were getting expansions for free and paying by time /played.

Now they're trying to move them to the subscription model so I'm guessing they'll start paying for expansions as well?
    I guess seeing how the movie performed Acti-Blizz has the reasonable expectation that it will be able to cash in with boxes and some subs before the expansion crash and burn?

Deleted
    Wait what ? Where is this world where the average player is playing 10 hours a day, 7 days a week ? You sure you thought that through ?

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, no sane person is playing that much a month unless they actually have no life or don't enjoy other videogames.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't they also play from internet cafes as most people don't have internet at their home. So, I doubt most play 300-400 hours. I am guessing 3-4 hours 3-4 nights a week is most Chinese players. So, at most about 64 hours a month. It would seem that on average they were paying about 10.00 per month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd put 10 hours a day in the "no life" category, I'd say "serious player" is more around 1-3 hours per day (not taking into account raid time, which isn't typically more than 6-12 hours a week).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    NetEase. NetEase operates the game in China.
    Same thing. Chinese law dictates that a company from outside China can't operate inside China, so they force countries to have Chinese companies handle distribution, and such. A way to inflate China's economy.

10 to 13 hours a day is highly unlikely to happen for even extreme players. Maybe during some progression stretches or something, but certainly not a daily average. If anybody really averages that much game time, quit the game and seek help.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If you play 4 hours every day each month, you will have 120 hours played each month. Which I would say is about average, that will be about $12. So if you play more than that it is more expensive than a monthly fee. And if you play less (like me, mostly only raid times after pre-raid gearing process is over) you pay less.

I really wouldn't mind this system in Europe. Though I play for free thanks to Garrison Gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I'd put 10 hours a day in the "no life" category, I'd say "serious player" is more around 1-3 hours per day (not taking into account raid time, which isn't typically more than 6-12 hours a week).
    I wouldn't even say those are serious player hours. More like average/casual player hours. (Again not including raids) 1-3 hours could be a couple sets of dailies or 3-5 bgs depending on how messed up your servers queue times are hahah

10+ defo no life times. Though when I was able to do those hours back in lich king days when my life was just WoW with friends and school it was super fun as hell hahah

8 hours is my assumption of a "serious" player though. If you stream for a living. 8 hours is a full day of work so why not stream for that full amount of time. Also, if you are playing a MOBA or hearthstone with the intention of making it to tournament status. Practice like this is probably exactly what your competition is doing as well.

Deleted
    You'd be surprised at the number of players who actually play their favorite MMO 10+ hours per day, it's a quite substantial number. And there's nothing wrong with it, those people do what they enjoy. It's FAR better than those who go out onto the street wasting 100s of bucks per week.

Also in EVE, 10+ hours is the average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    I thought they added the monthly as an option, together with the rest.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..