Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still think most people are just stacking a mountain of sharks to be jumped over. In no part of the stories did it say Illidan had the light inside him only that he was a leader of the light and had a vision of being empowered by it. To be it could be just as likely that Anduin casts Avenging Wrath on Illidan so he gets all glowy and can pwn the noobs. Just because you are shiny in a vision doesn't mean you are the source of the shiny in WoW. Granted I could be wrong but seems like so many people are painting the narrative with tunnel vision that its just ridiculous. Hell, Illidan is even a powerful mage maybe he is turned into a 'galactic' guardian and many individuals channel their energy into him and he gets that way. Just waiting for everyone to say told you so, or that stack of sharks to jump falling ontop of their exaggerated claims.

The dreanei souls part I interpreted that as him sucking the essence out and converting it into magical energy; as in he soul deathed all those ghosts and turned them into Duracell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    except for when it densest and it feels like terrible rehash material. illidan has killed lots of people and to become a angel out of no where is plain stupid.
    warriors fighting for "god" go to heaven, even when they kill plenty of people "in the name of god"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Remember, they only called him A hero of the light, not THE hero. As it seems, he'll most likely fight the void lords in the end, but I think there will be others with him. Anduin will most likely be High king, but because this takes places ages later, the high king title will most likely NOT take part in the current alliance, more or less...of an alliance of light. So here's what I see.

Anduin wrynn- Highking of the Alliance of Light, AKA High king of the armies of azeroth and the light (Includes the horde and other races)

Azeroth- the beyonder, the keeper of knowledge, even though she still rests inside the planet, she's active through the minds of the heroes that lived on her.

Illidan- He's the general of the armies. While below anduin in terms of rank, he's still a very power champion. And will be so until death, in which he's already defied.

The players AKA you- You're the main dude of the light yady yady Yah, we defeat the Void Lords, we become badasses, blah blah game over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    warriors fighting for "god" go to heaven, even when they kill plenty of people "in the name of god"
    Uhmmm....the Vrykul and Odyn would LOVE to have a chat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Remember, they only called him A hero of the light, not THE hero. As it seems, he'll most likely fight the void lords in the end, but I think there will be others with him. Anduin will most likely be High king, but because this takes places ages later, the high king title will most likely NOT take part in the current alliance, more or less...of an alliance of light. So here's what I see.

Anduin wrynn- Highking of the Alliance of Light, AKA High king of the armies of azeroth and the light (Includes the horde and other races)

Azeroth- the beyonder, the keeper of knowledge, even though she still rests inside the planet, she's active through the minds of the heroes that lived on her.

Illidan- He's the general of the armies. While below anduin in terms of rank, he's still a very power champion. And will be so until death, in which he's already defied.

The players AKA you- You're the main dude of the light yady yady Yah, we defeat the Void Lords, we become badasses, blah blah game over.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhmmm....the Vrykul and Odyn would LOVE to have a chat.
    :P like that, exactly
    /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan: That's it.. the last of El'une's essence is within me. *shifts into a being of white fire*
    Velen: He is.. Naaru.
    Tyrande: ..End this thing. Once and for all.
    Illidan: *looks at her and flies into the void*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Isn't Illidan dead? Like.. dead dead? that's the impression I'm getting.
    Demons dont die they get sent to the Twisted Nether. Its only there they can only really die. Thats why archimonde comes back all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Cannot wait that my death knight becomes the main dude of the light

11/10 lore
    You know how blizzard is.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So does this mean Illidan will turn Super Saiyen in Legion?

I don't know, but if Illidan transforms into some kind of light-based entity that leads Azeroth against the Burning Legion in some kind of grand-scale final battle, I assure you...

I won't be prepared for it.

Illidan>talented mage>with a fel soul>consumes fel artifact> becomes something more then night elf but less then full blown demon (hes like Blade, all their strengths and only SOME of their weaknesses)> gets a buff from the light> is not the source of light...only empowered by the light.

I dont see whats so hard to understand and why all the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Demons dont die they get sent to the Twisted Nether. Its only there they can only really die. Thats why archimonde comes back all the time!
    He's a demon hunter - not a demon. He's a night elf that uses fel magic. In my mind the twisting nether argument doesn't apply to him. He's still a Humanoid.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    He's a demon hunter - not a demon. He's a night elf that uses fel magic. In my mind the twisting nether argument doesn't apply to him. He's still a Humanoid.
    nope. it was said in Legion he has immortal demon soul. currently, his soul is in the Twisting Nether.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-08-02 at 04:36 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    So does this mean Illidan will turn Super Saiyen in Legion?
    That would be incredibly hilarious.

Blizzard, please make his horns become hair and go gold and stick up.

Just... imagine that.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If you put a gun to me head and made me speculate:

Illidan will infuse with power from Azeroth directly. A savior, yes, but not one of Light. He's tainted with fel more than he can handle and they take him to a nelf spring to purify him as best it can.

--or-- Medan will come in and infuse him with some kind of cosmic energy.

--or-- He becomes a guardian. He's shown himself strong enough to resist the temptations.

I do not see the Light or Illidan getting along. He's the Hero version of Gul'dan -- anything to win, period. The Light is not like that.

Don't forget that if Gul'dan dies again than Illidan can absorb his skull again.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    We didn’t went to kill him because we thought it would be fun. Illidan directly ordered an attack on Shattrath City and the Sha’tar naaru and the Sha’tar directly ordered us to fight them back and set an end to his reign in Outland.

That being said: It’s stupid that these Sha’tar didn’t know Illidan’s fate (yeah they don’t have some hive mind, however why wouldn’t Xe’ra? contact them in order to stop the siege before it happened?)
    Even more stupid however is that if Illidan always had a greater plan to stop the big bads of the Legion and the Void why would he even order some attack on Shattrath City? A city full of potential allies.

And why the fuck would any light naaru accept that its kind gets slaughtered and turned into void?
    Im pretty sure he had to die to become this thing. He said there would be a price. Kinda like the whole jesus rising from the grave ect

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    If you put a gun to me head and made me speculate:

Illidan will infuse with power from Azeroth directly. A savior, yes, but not one of Light. He's tainted with fel more than he can handle and they take him to a nelf spring to purify him as best it can.

--or-- Medan will come in and infuse him with some kind of cosmic energy.

--or-- He becomes a guardian. He's shown himself strong enough to resist the temptations.

I do not see the Light or Illidan getting along. He's the Hero version of Gul'dan -- anything to win, period. The Light is not like that.
    Think hes going to be clensed, if you read the passage from the vision he had of him surrounded in pure light it will make sense. I think that shield that got sent back will have the power inside it. That shield was sent back from like a 1000 years in the future so i am sure that during that time they figured some shit out. It wouldnt suprise me if some of Xe'ra was infused into this shield to help cleanse Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post

Hahahaha. The whole point of Illidan's character was that he is incapable of resisting temptation; he always gives in, with some stupid rationalization.

"Yes, the power should be mine!"

Deleted
    He will become a Titan obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Still some shitty story writing nevertheless. They were threatening us and our allies, they were threatening, raping, abusing and killing, the Naarus’ supposedly first gifted race (Draenei) and we shouldn’t have fought back? Why wouldn’t the Naaru care about it let alone think that it was right?

Even more dubious: Why would the Draenei still revere them after getting the blame?

Retconning all of TBC just to give Illidan his redemption to a holy warrior is just so plain wrong, especially it’s not just some book that gets retconned, the whole storylines are still ingame, especially since he could’ve been redeemed after his defeat in Outland, something like he realizes that he was wrong and he actively seeks redemption throughout Legion.

It’s basically the same shitty storywriting provided in war crimes, as in Garrosh not being guilty for what he did (according to the celestials) for whatever lame reason, instead we were being put to trial, too. Wtf? And in the end Garrosh was considered innocent, to then just be brought to AU and starting the same murdering and insanity again.

I’d like to know which kind of maniac morality that is, as most (if not all) societies consider what both Illidan and Garrosh did as wrong.
    Blizzard retcons all the time. What makes me mad is that we killed Kael for using a renewable energy source and using demons/void creatures as collateral in case that went through -- then it turns out he's alive and was just feigning death, but now he's some Legion worshiping twit even though that was not even REMOTELY what his character was about before.

So Illidan can get retconned to hell and back and that's fine in Blizzard's book, but we still have Lor'themar Theron as the BE leader instead of a classic WC3 character with a powerful story, personality, and motivation.

Yeah, thanks satan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    I'm still pissed by how they chose to treat Kael'thas in the expansion as well as in the novel. He was easily one of the best characters.

That said, Illidan will be filled with Light yep. My guess is that the dude awakens and that finding the power of the Light will be his next thing, considering he sent the DHs away already while he stayed behind.

A'dal seemed like it didn't care about anything. It didn't care about Maiev's quest or army, even for that matter.
    Kael was cool in WC3. They ruined his character in WOW, turned him into a joke character with this "It was only a setback" crap.