Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Arms has been improved significantly in terms of gameplay imo, not sure about it's output since it's just an alt. Prot feels fine too.

I still enjoy all of the specs that I enjoyed before the prepatch: Arms Warrior, Guardian Druid, Arcane Mage. I enjoy Guardian Druid even more than I already did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

After 7.0, the only specs I dislike are Ret Pally, Arms Warrior, Subtlety Rogue, Arcane Mage, and Balance Druid. Give me any other DPS spec, and I'll play it and probably enjoy it.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    The fact is that classes are not balanced or meant to be super fun until end game. The focus of WoW is end-game, so when you're gated behind a patch like now, you honestly can't expect it to be fun. That's stupid I know, but the classes are set up assuming you have an artifact and are getting the traits. I found leveling in beta really fun, whereas the pre-patch is dreadfully boring right now.

So basically we're playing classes without their full toolkit in the prepatch; it would be weird if they did have their full toolkit at 100, right?

Edit: I played sub rogue almost exclusively on the beta and had a blast. Pre-patch it's like watching paint dry because there's no reason to progress in raiding, don't have the full toolkit, already farmed all the transmog I want, etc. I subbed, but now it's just a waste because I'm not playing at all.
    I don't see how what you have to say falls in line with the typical Sky is Falling, doomsday scenarios...

The only one that I enjoy is Demo lock... which just got nerfed. Shrug ascii.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Fury warrior because the animations are cool Animations couldn't save the combat rogue, though. I already heavily dislike roll the bones RNG.
    I must be the only one that has tired of the animations. I personally don't like a lot of flash on abilities that are only so so. I want cool flashy animations and effects when I'm kicking ass and melting everything in my path. After the 40,000th whirlwind I find it almost annoying for such an over the top animation. It should only have that animation on a wrecking ball proc. And rampage should be the ability that I pool up for and unleash massive damage with, instead it's mostly blah damage.

Just seems like they went for a lot of sizzle and not much steak, on the animations versus damage and that just cheapens the animations.

On topic, the biggest thing I do like about fury warrior now is the free AoE. Which is pretty awesome when running lots of old content. Unlimited whirlwinds means I can just plow through to the boss and not have to pool up rage to clear the path. Also great for rep grind runs
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-08-03 at 12:08 AM.

right now im leveling my shadow priest. just have that toon and my dk to fill out my server with a 100 of each class...I am enjoying shadow a lot. feels mobile and i like the rapid frantic build up to void form. excited that dk is left for last. feel like ill be checking out all 3 specs on him. feel like it will be down to the wire getting them both to 100 before legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Before the patch I had all classes at max level. After the patch I have all fun classes at max level.
    Which would be... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I'm always going to enjoy my warlock regardless if it's actually "fun" or not because it's a unique class that no other game has and it is thematically appealing. That said, I've noticed a lot of people claiming warlocks are "fun" now even though they've been stripped down to the bare minimum to make way for Demon Hunters and I can only assume these are the people who could not cut it as a warlock when it required some actual thought and effort. Hopefully when Legion is released they'll be weeded out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Obviously the title overdramatizes the recent threads about people suddenly being very bored about their classes pre-patch. But it still made me wonder. What class do you think is fun, even in pre-patch, and why is it fun?

No polls because i want people to actually state why.

For me currently it is Unholy Death knights withe their spreading diseases and death's advance passive movement speed.
    Assassination is awesome. Its a really nice spec to play with a moderately higher difficulty curve then it had before.

Sub is more simple then previously but still a cool spec.

Combat is all over the place at the moment. Not many people like the new Roll the bones because its so random. Well speaking for myself at least i dont like it.
    It feels like a step back because currently the UI we have is really bad put together with the random buffs from RtB. You basicly have to fish for the right buffs which means looking up at your buff bar all the time, or using addons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    The only one that I enjoy is Demo lock... which just got nerfed. Shrug ascii.
    Demo lock is still godly, and still looks to be one of the best specs of legion. so yeah...

pve: all rogue specs are pretty fun, and so is arms warrior
    pvp: sub/outlaw is a lot of fun

havent really tried anything else, i usually play lots of resto druid but i wont do that till they got cyclone

I have played a rogue since wrath and while I like the new rogues I feel there will be melee bloat with the addition of demon hunters. Every spec for rogues in legion seems to be solid I even like sub which I have traditionally avoided because I didn't like how it played but now it seems to hit like a truck. Plus the new animations for most of the melee classes look awesome. I will likely still mess around on my rogue in pugs and stuff but I will likely main one of two ranged classes. Either mage or a warlock.

In general I am really liking the warlock now. Affliction, Destruction, and Demonology all seem to play different enough to feel like you are not playing the same spec times 3, and their artifacts are one of the coolest this expansion.

I also like fire and frost mages, they seem to be decent, and play different enough not to be the same. Not sure how I feel about arcane yet. I like I don't have to float at 90% mana anymore but with low mastery you really eat the mana. Short fights I am guessing they will be great.

Sorta annoyed they added yet another melee class with hunters but not another ranged class. I feel they missed an opportunity with the outlaw rogue. Outlaw should of been a ranged class duel wielding pistols a new weapon type, IMO.
    Last edited by Gen4Glock21; 2016-08-03 at 12:13 AM.

As a hunter, MM/BM is absolute trash, very easy and idiot proof rotation and no fun/control spells. Very low skill cap. However survival is actually pretty fun. I just wish they'd tweak a few things but it's definitely the best out of all specs fun wise.

My shadow priest is also pretty fun, although I've only played him a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been all warrior all the time for me. Played a lot of hunter too but thats more because of the novelty of being a gnome hunter, not because I like any of the hunter changes.

Warrior has been great though, fury/prot for me, haven't tried arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really say for sure yet, i've got a feeling artifacts will impact each spec way too much to judge them without having it available.
    I really hope I manage to decide on what spec to go with before I start investing in an artifact.

One thing is certain, it will be warlock or druid, I always end up playing those two - the only ones i've stuck with since classic.
    I'm guessing i'll end up with destruction and resto, seems like the most solid options for both classes. Well maybe guardian would be better, but i'm not a tank player.

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    As a hunter, MM/BM is absolute trash, very easy and idiot proof rotation and no fun/control spells. Very low skill cap. However survival is actually pretty fun. I just wish they'd tweak a few things but it's definitely the best out of all specs fun wise.

My shadow priest is also pretty fun, although I've only played him a bit.
    I feel like you missed the memo that hunters have always been :faceroll: class.

I'm enjoying Balance right now, mainly because it's no longer the class that plays you. Can't wait for full moon/half moon in legion.
    Fury warrior has been a good time too, but it seems everyone thinks that.
    I played warlock a bit. Kind of fell into demonology, but the more I play it the more I realize it's very predictable, and at this point there isn't much else other than rotation. Not familiar with Legion skills so who knows if that will change. Didn't play destru or affliction enough to get a feel for them other than on a dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury warrior is pretty fun and combined with the new animations and spells it all just flows beautifully and feels very... idk how to describe it but it just feels right. They finally got what fury was all about imo.

Never been a shaman main but the new enhance is a bunch of fun as well. Same as warrior where everything just flows nicely and you really feel like this bad ass melee with element imbued weapons

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Obviously the title overdramatizes the recent threads about people suddenly being very bored about their classes pre-patch. But it still made me wonder. What class do you think is fun, even in pre-patch, and why is it fun?

No polls because i want people to actually state why.

For me currently it is Unholy Death knights withe their spreading diseases and death's advance passive movement speed.
    I like these specs better in 7.0 than in 6.X:
    • MM Hunter (my vote for "most improved")
    • Frost DK
    • Enh Shaman
    • Guardian Druid
    • Affliction Warlock

These feel about the same to me:
    • WW Monk, although it needs Chi Explosion, or any useful ranged attack, really.
    • Balance Druid, though I liked the old Starfall better.

These now bore me to tears, and didn't before:
    • All tanks except Guardian Druid. I used to love tanking. Now you're an autoattack bot with at most two mediocre cooldowns: not powerful, not mighty, not fun, not even useful, really. Good luck resolving that tank shortage in Legion, fellas; you made every tank suck shit.
    • Assassination Rogue. I'll just go to the pub between autoattacks while I wait for my energy bar to refill, 'k?
    • Destruction Warlock. They needed FEWER buttons?
    • Elemental Shaman. Did they really need a worse AOE ramp-up time than 6.X Enh?

Some are too noisy to even play. Jesus fuck, Blizzard, why in the sweet holy fuck did you need to make every class REALLY FUCKING LOUD.
    • Why the fuck is my Prot Warrior always shouting like a child with severe behavior disorders. I mean, always. Every other keypress he's all LOUD NOISES, LOUD NOISES, I'M GOING TO BUILD A WALL AND MAKE MEXICO PAY FOR IT.
    • BM Hunter needs to turn off the stupid whistle. Is this in case people want to know what it sounds like to walk through the Castro district at 1 AM?

I can't decide whether or not I like Outlaw Rogue, or the new Demonology.

Those are all I've tried, so far.
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2016-08-03 at 01:35 AM.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Feral is better than it's ever been I think. On par now with how difficult it was back in Ulduar, really loving it.

I've really enjoyed all of the classes that I've played so far. Paladin, druid, mage and warlock but main just the druid and paladin. It's always like this when there's big changes, everyone will get used to it. They've done a pretty good job imo.