Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    This is gonna get nuked from orbit once Blizzard catches wind of it. I just hope whoever stoops so low to download it also gets their accounts nuked.
    Someone has no idea what they are talking about. Either way, it had over 2k downloads in the first 30 minutes. That was 4 hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    Do you guys remember AVR? Do you want Blizzard to completely break the entire Addon API? Because this is how you get Blizzard to break the entire Addon API.
    You have no clue what you are talking about. Blizzard only made one tony change to break AVR, and that was the camera Z pitch. They prevented the API from reading that bit of data (It still exists internally, but is protected), which was crucial in drawing things on screen to appear to be drawn onto the 3d world. So AVR became no more.

They'll break it by next week. You'll play your demon hunter with the new camera.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the fiasco that was WoD, I HIGHLY doubt that they will ban over this. Legion may not be key to Blizzard's survival, but it is to WoW's - they need as many as possible playing. They need good PR, they need the sub money. I had no idea it uses a bug when I installed it, and might uninstall to be safe, and see what happens. If it leads to bans, I can appeal and say I removed it. If they leave it alone, then I'll reinstall it and go on.

It's not clear anywhere on the addon download page that it uses a bug. I'll stop playing Blizzard games if they did anything more than a week suspension over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Apparently it's already been hotfixed from what I see on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Apparently it's already been hotfixed from what I see on Twitter.
    link to tweet by chance?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    link to tweet by chance?
    Here https://twitter.com/search?q=@Blizza...Ctwgr%5Esearch more than likely to deal with the DDoSing, then again who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Probably, Blizz says it took it away because it gave an unfair advantage, so you are probs cheating in their eyes, it will be hotfixed anyway, I can't see them allowing it.
    Except it isn't an "unfair advantage". For it to be an advantage it has to be something that not everyone has access to. Everyone had access to changing their zoom, it was a matter of if they looked up the /command. Which comes down to whiny players who didn't have the brain power to google something.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    I barely even had to scroll out to get back to what I was playing with before the patch, and it made a hell of a difference. Shame the devs are so petty that they can't admit their mistakes and increase the amount you can zoom out by a small amount.
    It isn't petty, they're just arrogant. The first thing they said when they made the change is that its going to vastly disliked and people who didn't know it was a thing wouldn't notice a difference. So basically they knew exactly what they were doing before they did it, that's arrogance at its finest.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2016-08-03 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Here https://twitter.com/search?q=@Blizza...Ctwgr%5Esearch more than likely to deal with the DDoSing, then again who knows..
    I literally see nothing there about them hotfixing it.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    because theres nothing there. An entity like blizzard has a chain of command things has to go through first, and their decision on this i feel like is 50/50. Most likely they wont bring this up again and just hotfix/patchfix it later without saying anything.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Yeah more than likely just trying to deal with the DDoS attack from earlier..

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    because theres nothing there. An entity like blizzard has a chain of command things has to go through first, and their decision on this i feel like is 50/50. Most likely they wont bring this up again and just hotfix/patchfix it later without saying anything.
    They have already stated they will be hotfixing this asap.

IMHO it'll be fixed

Ah, read comments, even Ketho said so: "This camera bug was already fixed in an upcoming patch, but the addon now forced Blizzard to move it into a hotfix".

Hopefully, this will bug will be squashed soon. Need to tweet it and post it. They'll get it patched/hotfixed.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1980 View Post
    It's clearly an exploit as you can verify if you look at the addon's code.

Code:
    Code:
    function CameraZoomIn()
    	target = min(GetCameraZoom()-db.increment, db.distance)
    	MoveViewInStart(db.speed)
    	isZoomIn = true
    	f:Show()
    end

function CameraZoomOut()
    	target = min(GetCameraZoom()+db.increment, db.distance)
    	MoveViewInStart(-db.speed) -- bug
    	isZoomIn = false
    	f:Show()
    end
    It overrides 2 API functions, and uses negative zoom-in to accomplish an unchecked zoom-out, therefore exploiting a bug in MoveViewInStart. All they have to do to fix it, is to not allow negative numbers being used with those functions. Or do it sledgehammer style and make the functions protected, which means addons can't use them anymore at all.
    The funny thing is that he even marked the line in question with a "-- bug" comment lol.
    It doesn't override anything... Using negative parameters are very common in programming. Especially when working along an axis. It's in no way an exploit. The intern who wrote the camera code just forgot to set a minimum speed. Stop spouting nonsense.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    Yeah it would already be on their radar so to speak what they do about it will be most interesting, getting popcorn ready for the drama that will more than likely ensue..

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    This is brilliant.
    If Blizzard shuts this down the rage will just grow stronger.
    It will be bad publicity for Blizz if they nuke this.
    Judging by how popular this add-on is should tell them their decision to nerf the camera was idiotic.
    uh, bad publicity for enforcing their new stance on camera zoom? i don't think you know what publicity is. i assure you nobody outside of the wow player-base cares at all that the camera zoom was reduced in a game they don't play.

this addon going public is good in that it will get fixed, rather than it being a secret method only a couple people know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    It doesn't override anything... Using negative parameters are very common in programming. Especially when working along an axis. It's in no way an exploit. The intern who wrote the camera code just forgot to set a minimum speed. Stop spouting nonsense.
    It's entirely an exploit. It is the definition of an exploit. That's why in zero-day exploits, when hackers find unchecked boundary conditions, bad things happen and they are called exploits.

game is actually playable right now. man this will be fun again when it gets destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    It's entirely an exploit. It is the definition of an exploit. That's why in zero-day exploits, when hackers find unchecked boundary conditions, bad things happen and they are called exploits.
    No it isn't. Addons using blizzards own API are not bannable. Get a freaking clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.