10+ Year Old Account
    159 Rattata ran after breaking out of five balls. This is fucking ridiculous.

Saving up so many pokemon for so long, only got two levels to 15...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Ive had paras 159, who escaped 11 pokeballs (and 4 more jump dodged or countered), most of them nice or great throws and then vanished... level 23... extremely frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's only been pointed out repeatedly, iOS doesn't allow 0.X versions listed on the iOS store. If you go into your iOS device's pokemon go, the version number inside the app is 0.31 though. They just put it as 1.X on the app store as per apple's policy.
    That may be. But as I said before, and you so nicely ignored, doesn't matter what number it does have. As long as they release it as live version, it is live version. More to the point, if you take Ingress as a good example, being from same developer after all, the app's version number being 1.x doesn't mean it's not beta and vice versa.

Also I remember reading back when PoGo was in (closed) beta that it's common for mobile app developers to use different numbering than PC developers use. If that's true or not I have no clue, but it could also explain a lot. Then again you've been claiming PoGo is beta for past 20 pages or so, being the only one, so I might as well just wasting my breath here.

Pokevision did the hunting for you, you just went where it told you to get what you wanted. No actual hunting involved.
    Nope, still had to go there and find the actual Pokémon.
    I don't know how you used it, but I didn't just scan the whole town, plan a route and go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    That may be. But as I said before, and you so nicely ignored, doesn't matter what number it does have. As long as they release it as live version, it is live version. More to the point, if you take Ingress as a good example, being from same developer after all, the app's version number being 1.x doesn't mean it's not beta and vice versa.

Also I remember reading back when PoGo was in (closed) beta that it's common for mobile app developers to use different numbering than PC developers use. If that's true or not I have no clue, but it could also explain a lot. Then again you've been claiming PoGo is beta for past 20 pages or so, being the only one, so I might as well just wasting my breath here.
    for me, the second the game gets microtransactions, it stops being beta regardless of having beta tag by devs or not

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Hopps View Post
    Nope, still had to go there and find the actual Pokémon.
    I don't know how you used it, but I didn't just scan the whole town, plan a route and go with that.
    I looked in my general area, kind of a nice small radius around where I was maybe 5 minutes driving distance if I was dedicated to just hunting, or 5 minutes around a pokestop, whatever, reasonable distance from where I was, for anything I didn't have while I did something else - or even just sat at a lured cluster of pokestops.

See something pop up that I need or want more of, go to that spot, walk around for a brief amount of time and it pops up.

With the tracks system, if it was 3 tracks or more, it could be somewhere within a mile or so of me, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT DIRECTION OR WHERE. It involved lots of running around if I wanted to go for something specific, and at the time I'd more often than not get distracted by something else. If it went to two or one track, I knew I was getting close. This is where pokevision becomes similar. Pokevision lead you to where it was two or one track.

Before pokevision, I saw people running around huge parks, sometimes jogging or even sprinting if someone said they found one somewhere. There were people with walkie talkie teams spread out looking for rarer ones, etc. With pokevision it was people just walking around in a herd going "Oh there's a dratini over near the fountain".

Pokevision made pinpointing a lot easier than the original tracking system.

- - - Updated - - -

Part of that is just leveling up. As you level and higher CP pokemon appear, they're far more resistant to balls and more prone to running away. I know it was a transition for me getting into the higher levels, as at the lower levels I felt like I could just throw a ball at something, use the appropriate strength of ball, and catch it on the first... maybe second shot.

At the upper levels you can use 5-10 balls and honestly... not even really think about it, if you're used to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post

Beta may be the incorrect term here, but the program is still in pre-release or test phase numbering. And the reason a lot of phone devs use different numbering is once again... say it with me, apple store doesn't allow you to put stuff up below 1.0.

This game was very obviously released with such bare bones functionality to it. Niantic has talked about many features that it wants to see implemented, and it's nowhere close to any of them. The version of the game that was released so unfinished, unpolished, buggy as hell and with unstable servers. If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, you can call it what you want in any number of different languages.

Anyone who thinks the game was finished or even ready in the state it was in was kidding themselves.

And yes, companies have gone to putting microtransactions in betas. See: Hearthstone, and several of Blizz's other releases with transactions enabled in the beta where you got to keep your shit from the beta... and pretty much every other major developer out there these days. It's the new norm to have your microtransactions tested in beta. Get used to it. Other forms include buying the game to get to play the pre-release versions (starbound) and pre orders getting you beta access (most non Blizzard MMOs these days).

I'm glad I came into this with heavy knowledge of the testing process, it's a reason I didn't drop big bucks on pokecoins right away.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-08-03 at 07:20 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I looked in my general area, kind of a nice small radius around where I was maybe 5 minutes driving distance if I was dedicated to just hunting, or 5 minutes around a pokestop, whatever, reasonable distance from where I was, for anything I didn't have while I did something else - or even just sat at a lured cluster of pokestops.

See something pop up that I need or want more of, go to that spot, walk around for a brief amount of time and it pops up.

With the tracks system, if it was 3 tracks or more, it could be somewhere within a mile or so of me, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT DIRECTION OR WHERE. It involved lots of running around if I wanted to go for something specific, and at the time I'd more often than not get distracted by something else. If it went to two or one track, I knew I was getting close. This is where pokevision becomes similar. Pokevision lead you to where it was two or one track.

Before pokevision, I saw people running around huge parks, sometimes jogging or even sprinting if someone said they found one somewhere. There were people with walkie talkie teams spread out looking for rarer ones, etc. With pokevision it was people just walking around in a herd going "Oh there's a dratini over near the fountain".

Pokevision made pinpointing a lot easier than the original tracking system.
    so? people are creative, like you said, they were using walkie talkies, there are already chats with coordinates for rare pokemon in your general vicinity, pokevision was just an extension of that, it put the locations on the map.

When an app appears (and it will, I will bet my ass it is in the works already), that does the same thing, only extracting lat/long of pokemons from player devices and uploading to map for everyone using the app to see, instead of getting it from pogo API, if Niantic blocks it, will it be considered a cheating, even tho its nothing more that what chat apps for your town/location already do, just in more polished and automatized fashion? It wont have the despawn timer, but otherwise its gonna be the same damn thing...

Put in a request for a refund as soon as I saw how shit the update made the game. Cleared today, happy to put all that money back into when the game becomes better again though.
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

Deleted
    Yesterday I ran into this wild Venosaur (CP 870-ish); i litteraly wasted 20 berries,20 pokeballs, 60-ish greatballs and 25 ultraballs on the damn thing; 70% of the balls have shaken 2 times already but it broke out anyway.

The amount of frustration was just too much to not scream.

On the other side i found some more dratinis so i could upgrade my dragonite back to max CP; which was nice.

All they need to write is "Hey guys, here's an update about what we're working on now: 'instert some stuff they are working on'."
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Beta may be the incorrect term here, but the program is still in pre-release or test phase numbering. And the reason a lot of phone devs use different numbering is once again... say it with me, apple store doesn't allow you to put stuff up below 1.0.

This game was very obviously released with such bare bones functionality to it. Niantic has talked about many features that it wants to see implemented, and it's nowhere close to any of them. The version of the game that was released so unfinished, unpolished, buggy as hell and with unstable servers. If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, you can call it what you want in any number of different languages.
    You do realize that there are developers that release their apps to android only (for example), right? That Ingress was released on ios about a year, year and half after it had been released on adroid and was not in beta state anymore, right? Anyway, I do agree with you that the game was barebone and it's in a state of pre-release. Thing is, that's not what Niantic claimed, said and confirmed. That might've been mistake on their part but something that should be held accountable. Not to mention it was in better state first two weeks after the release than it is now. Or maybe now it's in a state they wish the game have at and the first two weeks the game was not working as intended from their PoV.

Problem is, we don't know. They don't share their ideas, they don't share their plans, they share jack shit. And that's the problem. I would have no problem with the game being barebone with no tracking whatsoever and 'mons breaking outta balls while they have CP 80 if they said "Look dude, we're working on it alright? Give us two, three weeks top and we'll fix the capture rate, we'll implement new cooler tracking and will have own intel page for PoGo you can use to find out where that bloody Dratini spawns". I would be fine and believe others would be as well. But that's the issue. They don't say that, they are just silent, more than Kevin Smith ever was.

And that's the main issue I have with the game and with Niantic. They fucked it up (in my PoV) and they don't even comment on that not to mention admit the fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found a Magikarp, and learned how many candy it takes to evolve. Anyone who has a Gyarados now has to be cheating.

Deleted
    pokloc.com ... thank me later

I found a Magikarp, and learned how many candy it takes to evolve. Anyone who has a Gyarados now has to be cheating.
    Eggs.

/manychars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Eggs.

/manychars
    Eggs are more random than anything. Yeah, you get like ten candies each time, but the chance of getting a specific pokemon are basically nil.

Pokémon Go is seriously the most retarded game in the franchise. I just want sun/moon already

Eggs are more random than anything. Yeah, you get like ten candies each time, but the chance of getting a specific pokemon are basically nil.
    You can get a Gyarados....

Which, happens to about 5 to 10% of the 10km eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    You can get a Gyarados....

Which, happens to about 5 to 10% of the 10km eggs.
    you can get evolved pokemons from eggs...

that said, I have like 250 magicarp candy and I only cross our river twice a day on tram, its entirely possible even for casual players to have gyarados, if they are near water often

If you have "nest" of magikarp near you then it doesn't take long at all. My boyfriend and his mother have a park near their house where they spawn continuously. They both have Gyrados and are working on a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you can get evolved pokemons from eggs...

that said, I have like 250 magicarp candy and I only cross our river twice a day on tram, its entirely possible even for casual players to have gyarados, if they are near water often
    Wish our river was considered river then, that bitch refuses to spawn water mons since start
    Last edited by Nibúeanor; 2016-08-03 at 11:03 AM.