Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Problem is that it wont stop me or anyone else from just using an addon that warns me of something that's not in my line of sight. I can't see the adds spawn, but DBM tells me they will spawn in X number of seconds from now.
    Why did they decide on changing the camera instead of something like DBM, which gives a way bigger advantage.
    With that in question, the camera changes even gives some people issues with their health (motion sickness).
    Blizzard has absolutely zero clue in this regard.

The person and those that accepted it at Blizzard should be really ashamed of themselves as professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Problem is that it wont stop me or anyone else from just using an addon that warns me of something that's not in my line of sight. I can't see the adds spawn, but DBM tells me they will spawn in X number of seconds from now.
    Indeed. Radar addons (auras) are already a thing and I'm afraid that's where we'll be headed more and more. There's now also an enemy grid targeting addon. What's left of the game if movement is done based on what a radar tells me and targeting enemies goes through a grid. While being zoomed in so much the only things that shows in the actual game is spell effects and a boss butt. Immersive?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    It's neither sensible nor reasonable. It's not making life universally harder; ranged players can still mostly see all of these challenging mechanics just out of sight you seem to think are so great. However for melee and tanks this is indeed creating a whole new level of difficulty and the thing is, melee are already and have been for along time, less ideal than ranged players. Most mythic guilds will bring 2-3 times as many ranged than melee and this camera thing will only exacerbate that problem.

Secondly I don't get any sort of a kick of thinking about myself as a mythic player. I like raiding and heroic can be cleared in a matter of week(s) so mythic it is. that doesn't mean I signed up for any batshit crazy thing they come up with to increase difficulty. Making difficult encounters isn't hard, just tune them so no-one can kill them and done. The difficulty is to make challenging content that people enjoy. And the problem is that with this change many of us will enjoy raiding alot less.

As for bringing us all closer together or whatever you were going for, there's a pretty obvious solution. Put the old max distance on the slider and everyone has access to it. No downsides either!
    It's actually getting incredibly difficult for Blizzard to make raids more of a challenge to keep up with the ever increasing player ability without either resorting to randomness or overtuning. They moved away from fights being either you have the gear/bespoke set-up for this fight or you don't a long time ago.

If you don't sign up to this vision of the game then the answer is quite simple isn't it?

If you don't enjoy beating the game at its hardest and if you don't get a kick out of that why did you ever go beyond the scope of the normal camera in the first place? The reason almost everyone used that script in the first place was because it made the game easier, because you could see more and react better as a result when doing the difficult things in the game.

It's certainly stupid to not use it when its available. There were two solutions, and I can see why Blizzard picked the one that gives them scope to add more difficulty to the game at a time when doing so is getting increasingly difficult.

The are downsides to a universally available default zooming out though, increased demand on hardware for those with more limited PC's. If the culture within the game becomes even more normalising of max-zoom and increasing what's on screen then it means on that side of it there is more of a pressure on players to have better hardware to be able to facilitate it.

It's a solution of the least work and least effort, and invariably makes my raid leading experience in Legion harder but it completely makes sense. It'd be pretty shit if one of the flagship features of Legion was universal max camera distance designed in a way that is less demanding on hardware for all users.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Because people have developed this baby mentality where they cry and scream and throw their toys out of their pram until Blizzard caves into their demands. It's annoying and fucking childish.
    You really got a social life? Wait, dropped on your head at birth? Or you one of them miserable pricks that sits in his bedroom jacking himself of the moment he see's a pair of tits

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Tercio; 2016-08-03 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    You really got a social life? Wait, dropped on your head at birth? Or you one of them miserable pricks that sits in his bedroom jacking himself of the moment he see's a pair of tits
    I don't come here to listen to your life story, dickhead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone used it in order to "get" to GM island? Like... from the youtube video I understand it as that you can really really zoom out, literally miles away from your character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I don't come here to listen to your life story, dickhead.
    Lol..Grow up, fuck of with your undesired miserable shit of a life.

[Infracted.]
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2016-08-03 at 03:19 PM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You should take me seriously. I speak the truth and agree with @Darkguyver2020 100%.
    Just like the legit leaks that come from your credible source inside blizzard?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    Lol..Grow up, fuck of with your undesired miserable shit of a life.
    Says the dumbass that misspelled the word "off".
    Seriously? How does one typo a three letter word? Shouldn't have flunked grade school.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Tercio; 2016-08-03 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Well, this is WoW we're talking about. The code is so convulted, they'll make a change to one quest and suddenly DKs casting DND crashes the world server or something.

Which is just incredibly insulting to everyone involved on so many levels it's hard to even put into words. Not to mention how, by that logic, they should ban every interface customization option, and every addon that exists. Which they're not doing, so obviously they're lying, and everyone who takes this statement as true is... well, as stupid as blizz seems to be arguing that people are.
    But just because everybody can do it is irrelevant, in their eyes they didn't make the game to be played like that so if i agree or not, it's irrelevant, it's their game and they can do what they like, I personally don't have a problem with it, the slider at max is enough for me, any further away and its hard to even make out my character. If you cant play the game in the confines of the max distance provided by the slider then their must be something wrong with you imo.

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    But just because everybody can do it is irrelevant, in their eyes they didn't make the game to be played like that so if i agree or not, it's irrelevant, it's their game and they can do what they like, I personally don't have a problem with it, the slider at max is enough for me, any further away and its hard to even make out my character. If you cant play the game in the confines of the max distance provided by the slider then their must be something wrong with you imo.
    None of which is even remotely related to anything either of us said... but okay, I guess?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I love sitting back watching people complain about literally nothing. Camera at current max value is fine. Next up on the complaint list: Why am I forced to do content?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You realise that covers almost every addon in existance right? from DBM/Bigwigs to Auctioneer to Masterplan.

No it really isn't for reasons previously explained.

Nobody is denying that, the point is that it's borderline mandatory for tanking/raid leading. I.E Mannoroth was pretty impossible to tank properly using default distance because you couldn't see anything.
    I think you refuse to face the reality because of your personal bias. Camera distance does not change anything in my life. I do not care if it goes a mile away from your character or is stuck at three meters behind him. So whatever Blizzard does about it, I don't really care.

What I care, however, are people using exploits out of spite - and that, I don't agree. Also, this explanation makes no sense. Blizzard integrated those API for that very purpose. Auctionner, Master Plan and DBM are all addons made using the API the intended way. But breaking the game through the cheating of it for a function Blizzard spent weeks explaining why they wanted it gone is quite frankly utterly obvious that it's an exploit. I remember the addon that gave 3D tactical directions in WotLK and Blizzard doing the exact same thing as it was not used the way it was intended.

This is not the first time something like this happen and cheating through exploit is NOT the right thing to do.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Would be really sad if they hotfix this...

still working US.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I think you refuse to face the reality because of your personal bias. Camera distance does not change anything in my life. I do not care if it goes a mile away from your character or is stuck at three meters behind him. So whatever Blizzard does about it, I don't really care.

What I care, however, are people using exploits out of spite - and that, I don't agree. Also, this explanation makes no sense. Blizzard integrated those API for that very purpose. Auctionner, Master Plan and DBM are all addons made using the API the intended way. But breaking the game through the cheating of it for a function Blizzard spent weeks explaining why they wanted it gone is quite frankly utterly obvious that it's an exploit. I remember the addon that gave 3D tactical directions in WotLK and Blizzard doing the exact same thing as it was not used the way it was intended.

This is not the first time something like this happen and cheating through exploit is NOT the right thing to do.
    And what was their reasoning again? Cause all i found was the unfair advantage and the "we want players to see our artwork". Unless i missed some other reason plz enlight me.
    Last edited by precious; 2016-08-03 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Nice opinion blizzboy fanshit - 10/10, now let me tell you reality : Camera change doesn't affect you? - good for you then = you don't care, but it hurts US and in very negative way alas it reduces our "QOL" to the ground - thing which blizzard seems to care so much about recently(catering to hamsters), but we DO CARE about it cuz game became unplayable for us and even worse then that for some people cuz it affects their ability to play at all.

This fucking change is worst shit happened to Tanks/Melee since vanilla - any raider who atleast remotely could be called somewhere near good(till ~top400-500 maybe)will say that to you. The real problem that this "new" stupid shit dev team doesn't even understand what they are doing.

[Infracted. Stop the name-calling.]
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2016-08-03 at 04:49 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    If it shows them how serious we are about wanting the maxdistance back, then yes. I do want them to break the entire Addon API every time one of these pops up. Max distance is more important to me as a raid leader than literally any other addon, considering boss abilities and timers can be largely memorized.
    Sure, very serious. Blizz will be all like "Oh dayum, you see this shit? These guys made an addon to increase camera distance after we decreased it, these crazy motherfuckers REALLY want this! We better get on board guys.".

Really, when was the last time you saw Blizzard react to people bending/breaking the rules by allowing it on a massive scale?

Uh yeah guys, they are going to break the living fuck out of this addon
    https://discordcdn.com/attachments/1...212417/wtf.png
    Frenzy - Barthilas - Ret Paladin
    Twitch Channel - http://www.twitch.tv/sythirus
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAu...iFqEZf6SKJ-Cpw

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Sure, very serious. Blizz will be all like "Oh dayum, you see this shit? These guys made an addon to increase camera distance after we decreased it, these crazy motherfuckers REALLY want this! We better get on board guys.".

Really, when was the last time you saw Blizzard react to people bending/breaking the rules by allowing it on a massive scale?
    Right? A lot of folks forget that blizzard does whatever they want regardless of feedback. They say they listen, but the betas for legion and wod would disagree.