Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xio View Post
    Are you level as holy or you will level as shadow and change to holy in lvl 110? It is worth to level as holy?
    You're probably better off leveling as Disc but putting all your points into the artifact of choice. Shadow is not much better for leveling without the artifact traits that make you really strong. On the beta, I still find myself having to swap to Disc for more difficult World Quests at 110 even though I've heavily invested in the Shadow Artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    its.... its almost as if this sort of stuff is an opinion and can therefor differ from person to person.

What an amazing revelation.

ps.
    I doubt you will find many people who believe the spec should be reduced to pressing 3 buttons
    Renew
    Prayer of Mending
    Binding Heal/Flash Heal
    Prayer of Healing
    Circle of Healing or Apotheosis
    Purify
    Heal
    Halo or Divine Star
    Guardian Spirit
    Divine Hymn
    Symbol of Hope?

Yeah, the spec would definitely be reduced to 3 buttons. Just like keeping the Holy Word Spells would keep it at 50.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingthrones View Post
    I for one welcome the change. Holy in Wrath was simply renew spam, CoH and PoM on CD in raids 80% of the time, not very engaging if you ask me.

At least with holy word spells it involves SOME thought process. Id rather that than have almost an entire spec based off procs/passives.
    No, it really doesn't. You're hitting them every minute. They're only somewhat spammable if you take Apotheosis, and that's every 3 minutes itself.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-08-02 at 04:39 AM.

Deleted
    I love the new holy and i know alot of people do aswell, almost read no negativity about it. But there will always be a few people who think otherwise, and thats ok, its pretty hard to make everyone happy. Good that there is 5 other healing specs for those people to try out

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    After running a hfc hc with an 705 alt. I feel Renew costs too much mana.
    Thats why you are only suppose to keep it on tanks and on heavy movement

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasoy View Post
    You're probably better off leveling as Disc but putting all your points into the artifact of choice. Shadow is not much better for leveling without the artifact traits that make you really strong. On the beta, I still find myself having to swap to Disc for more difficult World Quests at 110 even though I've heavily invested in the Shadow Artifact.
    It is fine to level and quest at 110 as Holy, there is almost nothing that can't be solo'd except maybe some of the elite Warden world quests and for those you can make a group or help someone else who happens to turn up. I'm sure people are right when they say dps would get it done faster but speed isn't everything. Staying in role is nice for the RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachblossom View Post
    It is fine to level and quest at 110 as Holy, there is almost nothing that can't be solo'd except maybe some of the elite Warden world quests and for those you can make a group or help someone else who happens to turn up. I'm sure people are right when they say dps would get it done faster but speed isn't everything. Staying in role is nice for the RP.
    Anything is acceptable for RP. The only reason to discuss leveling is speed and efficiency and then your better off not going holy at the start. You can probably switch to it at higher levels when you have filled out your artifact a bit more (since you get 1% dmg per trait)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Thats why you are only suppose to keep it on tanks and on heavy movement
    Then what exactly is my filler? heal? it's the only spell that costs less iirc.

Ive been using renew most consistently as a filler on heavy AOE fights, but mostly fill with Heal.

Ive noticed i havent been struggling with mana compared to some other healers though.

What do you mean filler? If someone has taken some damage and nothing else is going on Heal is a good spell. It is slow but efficient.

If no one needs healing at the moment then smite/Holy fire a mob.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Yes.

If there is nothing urgent to heal. Then heal/PoM on CD, if there is very little need for healing at the moment - then dps since our dps spells has been buffed

Tbh, I miss Holy's Divine Insight so much. I wish they bring it back. Maybe can replace Piety or make a new artifact trait. Insta bouncing PoM is priceless. And is there any new or updated stats weigh? So far from what I've read here, it's Mastery>Crit>Haste>=versa.

Speaking of Piety, that only reduces the CD of the HW upon hard casting PoM right? It does not reduce the CD when PoM bounces from damage?

It's literally our 2nd lowest mana cost heal.

The problem is that it doesn't heal for shit anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kasoy View Post
    Speaking of Piety, that only reduces the CD of the HW upon hard casting PoM right? It does not reduce the CD when PoM bounces from damage?
    Yes, only when casting it.

If it reduced CD on every single bounce, it'd be OP as fuck because each PoM would be potentially taking 30+ seconds off of the Sanctify CD.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-08-02 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    So far from what I've read here, it's Mastery>Crit>Haste>=versa.
    For prepatch since everything is melting so fast, Crit>Haste>Versa>Mastery since a lot of your EoL will be overhealing. If you find you EoL isn't overhealing as much, or fights are going on for a decent amount of time then yeah, your stat weights are spot on. They'll also be applicable to 110 progression raids as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's literally our 2nd lowest mana cost heal.

The problem is that it doesn't heal for shit anymore.
    The other problem is that its to expensive to spam like people used to do before pre-patch. Its an instant spell with no cd, so u cant really compare the mana cost to our others spells wich all got a cast timer or are on a cd.

Other spells that you can cast with ultimately lead you to have more mana as their cast times mean you don't burn as much mana. But on the move its somewhat worth casting. However, I tend to try to save Flash of Light procs if I know im about to move, therefore you have 1-2 GCDs before you have to resort to renew. This should give you enough time on some fights.

Don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    Don't use it.
    Renew isn't so bad that one should never use it.

It's still a good choice if you're moving, or to prepare for incoming damage when there's not much healing to be done.

You just shouldn't be spamming it nonstop like back in 6.2.

Renew isn't so bad that one should never use it.

It's still a good choice if you're moving, or to prepare for incoming damage when there's not much healing to be done.

You just shouldn't be spamming it nonstop like back in 6.2.
    Yes, that's been said probably 100x in this thread now. Keep it rolling on tanks/priority targets if you can sustain it - otherwise avoid it.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-08-04 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    Yes, that's been said probably 100x in this thread now.
    And yet you just said "Don't use it", which implies that it should never be used.

And yet you just said "Don't use it", which implies that it should never be used.
    I'd argue that the proper situations for using Renew (in PvE) are sufficiently rare that if you left it off your bars you'd never miss it.

The reason a Druid puts HoT on the tank is because it's significantly more efficient for them to do so than try to play catch-up with burst reactive heals. The same is true for a Shaman and a Monk. Classically, it's been true for Holy Priests (and when they get proactive healing, Paladins).

However, it is not true for a Legion-era Holy Priest. It is far more effective for a Holy Priest to heal damage after it occurs than attempt to heal it beforehand. Any time you throw a Renew on the tank what you're really doing is spending more mana than you need to heal damage than may or may not happen at some point in the future.

When you look at the structure of Holy - especially looking forward to the artifact - Holy's entire casting pattern is structured around cycling Holy Words. Renew adds nothing to this. You're not casting Renew if your Holy Words are on cooldown because you're trying to get your Holy Words off cooldown. You're not casting Renew if your Holy Words are off cooldown because you're casting your Holy Words.

It may only be a bit of mana, but every bit of mana you save by not casting low efficiency Renews is mana you can spend on dumping high efficiency heals when its needed.