Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    It is smaller than Pandaria, it's also smaller than Draenor. Do i care? Absolutely not, i'm gonna spend 99% of the time in a capital city or the new the garrison, so tbh it doesn't bother me one bit.
    You don't know how legion works you can't progress without doing world quests LOL
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This was actually an issue I had with WoD. Having some "barren" space is not a bad thing.
    Precisely, a world with no barren space feels totally artificial. if there is no space between objectives the world will seem linear and claustrophobic. Barren spaces give the world a realistic touch.

... Hate to break it to people who think every area in Broken Isles scales but they don't. There are areas that are 110 only outside of Suramar. Highmountain has an area like that on the northern coast. If I recall, I ran into one like that in Stormheim as well. Don't recall if I saw one in Val'sharah or Azsuna, but I'm sure they're there, too. Eye of Azshara (the island, not the dungeon) is also 110 only as well as the Broken Shore (post scenario). So not everything scales. You aren't going to be able to go where ever you want at level 100.

The maps feel okay but they also feel really cluttered. It reminds me of the Hallow's Eve and Winter Veil dailies in WoD. They shove 20+ people into an area the size of our garrison for a good many quests. That only makes it frustrating. For the most part, many quests let multiple people click on items, but there's still a good many where clickables aren't shared. I did one world quest yesterday in Azsuna and found myself fighting not only for mobs but also anything to click. And with the area being so tiny, you're running around in circles for 5-10 minutes trying to find SOMETHING to progress your progression bar. Yeah, there's more use of the areas so there's not really much dead space, but shoving 20-50+ players into a sardine can fighting over the same things isn't exactly fun. I'd rather Blizzard had found a better way to even out players so we all don't get bottle-necked in the same areas. Scaling zones honestly doesn't seem to be helping any.

It feels really really small, in fact, a lot of the new zones do, because blizzard started packing stuff so tighly together instead of spreading content out and allowing zones to have some width and breadth.. so it feels smaller than it really is.

it's smaller, there is no doubt about that. However it's pretty dense, Draenor is probably technically bigger, but that's because of it's shape, there is a lot of dead sea area between zones, there really isn't any dead areas in lost isles, so it's smaller but better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I've heard that the space is well-used, especially in Highmountain where there's a lot of verticality.
    This. I've been on the beta for about 2 weeks and I've had a lot of fun on the DH trying to climb mountains and I've actually found NPC's and rares along the way so they have really used all of the space

Quote Originally Posted by Quaght View Post
    I'm concerned about the size of the map for Legion. It doesn't look like there will be as much to do in the world due to the smaller size of the map. Does it feel larger than it actually is?
    Content wise there is more to do in Legion, even if the world itself seems smaller. World Quest combined with Suramar will be a breathe of fresh air for the entire playerbase, something I think everyone will enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    ...Y...you just made me scared now...eesh.
    What? How did what I say, scare you?
    I found it pretty positive.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    It is smaller than Pandaria, it's also smaller than Draenor. Do i care? Absolutely not, i'm gonna spend 99% of the time in a capital city or the new the garrison, so tbh it doesn't bother me one bit.
    Then you lose out on on all the world quests which is a pretty big deal in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    he can chain roll mhytic + tho
    not without leaving the city/class hall, unless he gets people to summon him every time.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I've heard that the space is well-used, especially in Highmountain where there's a lot of verticality.

Draenor had a lot of dead spaces, either restricted to level 100 only or actually just empty/unused. With scaling mobs they no longer have to "reserve" areas for max level, so you longer need those dead spaces.
    There are still very much 110 areas, you just have to go out of your way to stumble across them. In beta, I, like many others bumbled around without my favorite addons, side quest sent me into the mouth of a mine, which turned out to be a huge mining operation, with multiple layers and the whole place was teeming with kobolds (and the legion). There were a bunch of rope bridges spanning a central chasm, and I decided to be brave and leap over the edge and glide down a few levels to see what was hiding down there.

Well, a world quest group elite ate me. I respawned at the graveyard a few floors up, and ran screaming from 5-6 110 kobolds. There were a few treasures down there as well, sadly I didn't live long enough to get to them. When I finally made it back to my corpse, I hearthed to Dalaran and marked the area for 'later'.

TL;DR- Legion looks small, but feels huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaght View Post
    I'm concerned about the size of the map for Legion. It doesn't look like there will be as much to do in the world due to the smaller size of the map. Does it feel larger than it actually is?
    eeehrm. pandaria was giant. just by the way. fly over there. did that last week. do it. compare it with draenor and you will realize very fast, how big pandaland was.

People seem to think empty space is bad I like it. It makes the world feel not so cramped. For example the Cracking Plains in Frostfire Ridge are largely just empty space but it really creates the feel for the zone.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    You don't know how legion works you can't progress without doing world quests LOL
    Yeah that's right, i totally don't know how legion works...

It will feel big until the crappy flying is enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    What? How did what I say, scare you?
    I found it pretty positive.
    About how short life is and all...

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    Content wise there is more to do in Legion, even if the world itself seems smaller. World Quest combined with Suramar will be a breathe of fresh air for the entire playerbase, something I think everyone will enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    something I think everyone will enjoy.
    you must be new here.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sorry, didn't play SWOTOR, so I don't understand the "lol"
    It's just that the zones in Swtor are tiny, it just doesnt feel like you are in a world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Draenor is probably technically bigger, but that's because of it's shape, there is a lot of dead sea area between zones.
    Isnt that pretty much the definition of bigger lol

I played a lot on the beta and can say it definitely feels larger than Draenor or at least on par. It might even be a little larger than Pandaria when you consider how massive Suramar is. We also have to remember they're going to be adding at least one new zone in a patch.