What DPS feels like the most WoW-ish to you guys? Like based on Priority Queue and not piano'ing skills in.

I've leveled all the tanks, SMN, SCH, MCH and I don't know they all feel awkward. Summoner feeling the most like a wow class.

pretty sure only ranged/casters feel similar to WoW.

tanks and melee all use combos.

try bard out if you want a good priority based playstyle
    Last edited by threads; 2016-08-02 at 08:19 AM.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...oonfire_Faire/

Holy crap I've been taking a breather from the game till the next patch but I'll def have to play a bit so I can pretend to be a Power Ranger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Was not too thrilled with the design layout of it. Maybe there's a hide option to filter things out of the list I missed.
    Haven't checked WoW out myself yet, but I'm sure it won#t be long before addons correct the usual design derps of the Blizzard classic UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Special FATEs will appear in the area surrounding Costa del Sol over the course of the seasonal event. Completing these FATEs will reward players with Faire vouchers, which can be exchanged for various goods."

Sure is plenty of FATE-grinding these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambosaur View Post
    What DPS feels like the most WoW-ish to you guys? Like based on Priority Queue and not piano'ing skills in.
    SMN basically plays like a WoD Shadowpriest with Dreadwyrm trance acting as Insanity talent.

Single target DPS seems to be rather meh too compared to a BLM.

BLM on the other hand is nothing like the mage you know from WoD. It's EXTREMELY restrictive in both movement and buff timings. If you don't have bosses phase timings in your blood you will have a very bad time playing BLM and get frustrated quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Explosive Landmines are current HP based. Had one trigger with about 40 health left out of like 500 and it hit me for around 27.
    Good to know. Thanks.
    I've only ever seen people near full HP step in because as a healer I tend to keep them topped off.

I'd love to solo it. I'm just waiting for SE to make the process of soloing actually fun and not force some broken low level char onto me while torturing me with strict enrage timers. When I solo I like a tactical approach and I like to be able to take my time with it. (I'm slow to act by nature)

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'd love to solo it. I'm just waiting for SE to make the process of soloing actually fun and not force some broken low level char onto me while torturing me with strict enrage timers. When I solo I like a tactical approach and I like to be able to take my time with it. (I'm slow to act by nature)
    I know a NIN had already solo'd it 1-50 last week. I didn't read the whole post about it, but a friend reported "chug potions like a champ" was among the details.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    "chug potions like a champ" was among the details.
    Yeah I can believe that. Though my pally had a ton of these in her inventory after only 6 floors.

Yeah, it seems you get quite a few. The cooldown is also shorter in there than outside too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wee 120/240 on my relic now. ^_^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Wee 120/240 on my relic now. ^_^
    211/240 here so very close I can almost taste it.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    10th Nidhogg totem obtained.

Now I'm just looking at them confused as I'm playing NIN/BRD/MCH for raid and he dropped weapons for those three jobs..

Grinding fates for Yokai in outer la nosea I went from 44-50 on my MCH in the span of 3-4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    "Special FATEs will appear in the area surrounding Costa del Sol over the course of the seasonal event. Completing these FATEs will reward players with Faire vouchers, which can be exchanged for various goods."

Sure is plenty of FATE-grinding these days.
    I would figure they are the same FATEs from last year. Would be great if they used last year's currency, too, because I have at least 50 of those tokens left over. The FATEs in that area spawn super fast, anyway, and they're close together. I used the event last year to level a pile of alt jobs from 30-35.

Speaking of FATEs...fuck this Yo-kai event sideways with a rusty shovel. I'm on the last of the weapons that require 15 tokens (4/15) with the 3 that cost 30 left. "Fortunately", 2 of the 3 will be in Outer La Noscea, with the other being in Western.

Example as to why I'm so frustrated with this event:

I'm in Southern Than, working on the MCH weapon. After about 2 hours, I'm at 10/15...fairly slow. My friend joins the group with me, at 0/30 for one of his last 3 weapons. 2 hours later, I finally have the remaining 5 I needed.

My friend? 23/30.

I tested one theory out for a while: He did all of his grinding on level 60 jobs (because he has all DoW and DoM at 60), while I did it on jobs that could still gain XP. Didn't matter; did some for about a hour on WAR, got 3 tokens, said fuck it and went back to jobs that could earn XP.

It's not like I'm adverse to grinding. 221/240 on anima #2 (DRK). Getting aether oils via CT weekly in prep for #3 (WHM). The total RNG fuckery of this event though...awful fails to describe it from my experience. Good thing I'm off work this week, because I don't want to fuck with this event after getting home from work next week and beyond.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could've spaced it out a bit, it is around until Oct. Not trying to say that grinding fates is fun or anything but there's no reason to get it -all- done right now. No different than the anima weapon. Shit sucks but working at it, a little at a time, makes it a helluva lot better than trying to beat your head against it all at once.

I dropped my monk anima at like 100/240 cause the weapon model is so bad and I'm also going back to drg next patch. Back to 40/240

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Shit sucks but working at it, a little at a time, makes it a helluva lot better than trying to beat your head against it all at once.
    Absolutely. Take it slow. there is a reason why SE gives s time until Oct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Could've spaced it out a bit, it is around until Oct. Not trying to say that grinding fates is fun or anything but there's no reason to get it -all- done right now.
    Each day it's less and less people doing FATEs for weapons, so I can understand why some people rush it ASAP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Each day it's less and less people doing FATEs for weapons, so I can understand why some people rush it ASAP.
    I kinda prefer the smaller amounts myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I kinda prefer the smaller amounts myself
    True, but some players are extremely lazy and simply followed FATE-train with minimal effort.