Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    Im on the beta as well. Quests that once gave 15k XP, now only give 3k. Dailies and bonus objectives have been nerfed.
    Can someone confirm this that has Beta?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    Im on the beta as well. Quests that once gave 15k XP, now only give 3k. Dailies and bonus objectives have been nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    Can someone confirm this that has Beta?
    Just checked it again 1 minute ago. Neither non-daily quests, nor bonus objectives / treasures are nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    There is no way, 25 MoP quests gave you 40-60% towards level 91..
    It gave about 45-55% depending on what quests you had. Did it on 6 chars live and a bunch of times on the beta. We even have an old thread about it on the guildforum confirming people getting that amount depending on what quests they had.

But I don't think it's going to be worth it in Legion since you are probably going to wanna do all the quests and zones anyway because of rep an AP. But might be interesting for alts that you only intend to use for professions.
    Last edited by Ater; 2016-08-04 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    But I don't think it's going to be worth it in Legion since you are probably going to wanna do all the quests and zones anyway because of rep an AP. But might be interesting for alts that you only intend to use for professions.
    As stated multiple times you only require friendly with each faction which is aquired after 1/2 or 2/3 of the zone. You'll get (close to) honored if you fully complete a zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Huh, why do you wanna rush to level 110, when raids are opening like a week or later? There is no advantage in doing this any more.
    Personally I'm not going to do it, but there are a lot of reasons why people do it.

Some people do it since they love the race, some on a bigger scale fighting to be the first on the server of first among their class, some on a smaller scale having a fun and competitive race within the guild sitting on voice chat together having a great time.

Then we have all the people who do it for raiding, rushing to 110 because of mythic dungeon lockout, AP, quicker get to the world quests that award high ilvl gear and so on.

Also for people who need/wants to get a bunch of alts up during the first few days for split runs, professions, OCD or something else. If you can to this and other stuff that saves you 1-3 hours/char and you are going to level 8 chars during the first days it really adds up in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Is it really too hard to comprehend that some people play this game to have fun and want to go at their own pace instead of rushing to max level ASAP?
    That comment works in both ways, some people plays this game to have fun and they think it's fun to speed level. And both is okay, different people enjoy different aspects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    You won't be doing yourselves any favors rushing anyway. You'll still have to wait for everyone to catch up in order to do group content. Unless you enjoy waiting hours for your Heroic Dungeon queue to pop.
    No since different people enjoys different things there are going to be a lot of other people who also enjoys getting to max level quick. Myself I have had expansions where I levelled quick and I have had expansions that I levelled slow and no matter if I did it quick or slow I have had a bunch of guildies to do stuff like group quests and max level dungeons with since there is guildies levelling quick and guldies levelling slow.

And when it comes to pug groups to my experience the really early groups are usually a lot stronger then the once a few days or a weeks into the expansion since the once rushing are often dedicated players with a lot of pve experience.
    Last edited by Ater; 2016-08-04 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varony View Post
    As stated multiple times you only require friendly with each faction which is aquired after 1/2 or 2/3 of the zone. You'll get (close to) honored if you fully complete a zone.
    You need to do the zon to max out your AP gains, and on that front he's correct.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not really worth it outside of a slight bump to try leveling outside of the BS, since you'll do it all anyway (and tons of treasures/quests give AP)

Quote Originally Posted by Varony View Post
    Just checked it again 1 minute ago. Neither non-daily quests, nor bonus objectives / treasures are nerfed.
    Do you have any idea when the last day of beta would be? I'd love it if someone could keep me update if they didn't nerf em

7+ Year Old Account
    Bonus Objectives + Quest Rewards + Treasures are still rewarding the same experience, nothing has changed.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

dont get me wrong lvling is boring but why would u want to spend anymore time then what u have to in wod zones when there is fresh new zones to enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
    dont get me wrong lvling is boring but why would u want to spend anymore time then what u have to in wod zones when there is fresh new zones to enjoy?
    In a way you'll still do the same things other people are doing. The point is we like the thrill of the race and be able to get something faster then other people.

I just did The Shimmer Moor in Shadowmoon on a 100 char I copied and it gave me 6,700 xp without heirlooms/potions etc.

Do ther heirlooms or potions even work at 100 in legion?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanhayes96 View Post
    I just did The Shimmer Moor in Shadowmoon on a 100 char I copied and it gave me 6,700 xp without heirlooms/potions etc.

Do ther heirlooms or potions even work at 100 in legion?
    No, they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanhayes96 View Post
    You did a lvl 90 Bonus Objective on a lvl 100 character and you're surprised the xp is low?

These are the rough numbers (at lvl 100, decreases as you level up):
    Gorg BO: 15k
    Gorg Treasure: 4k
    Tal BO: 56k
    Tal Treasure: 8k
    Spire BO (w/o Brewery): 66k
    Spire BO (w/ Brewery): 79k
    Spire treasure (w/o Brewery): 9k
    Spire treasure (w/ Brewery): 10k
    Nagrand BO: 72k
    Nagrand Treasure: 11k
    Tanaan BO: none
    Tanaan treasures: 11k

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    It can be done in under 7hours, without picking up precompleted quests, no tricks just leveling. People would be surprised how important the order is that you do quests in.
    Which order are you referring to?

"There has only ever been, only ever will be... one Azshara."
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nring/advanced

7+ Year Old Account
    I never saw the appeal of blitzing through the leveling content. Even when world/server firsts existed. I always enjoy the content at a comfortable pace and read every word of quest text. I want to enjoy the story and not miss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Machin3x View Post
    Do you have any idea when the last day of beta would be? I'd love it if someone could keep me update if they didn't nerf em
    I will check and confirm before BETA ends.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningBurns View Post
    Which order are you referring to?
    The order of which area you go to first (this isn't so important, its just for optimising classhall), the order that you pick up and complete quests in (this is important, every minute here adds up.)

Eitherway we used to have a internal addon that would have a complete route mapped out so our guild would level at a effecient speed on release. Now that realm firsts are gone these addons are no longer private. So here you go: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/conslegion , we are a alliance guild so i'm not sure how far along on the horde version he is (looking at the changelog the routes for horde are in, he needs feedback on it tho). You will have to test it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Last I checked (a month ago) you didn't have to do the pillars to unlock Suramar. At least when I leveled on beta I was able to go there with only half of Stormheim done and no pillars dungeon quest for the zone.
    May be the case, but you certainly won't have the rep to do world quests, which is the primary source of rep.. It's still not worth it. You'l spend more time boringly grinding at max level, which in my experience isn't in anyway rewarding at the time. I've tested this, I've done it, and halfway into a zone at level 110, with a whole zone to go, I just got bored shitless. I couldn't do world quests, I couldn't get any rep to unlock the Suramar story further.. I just stopped playing that toon.

Going from 100-110 the proper way can be done in a day, stupid trickery isn't required to level fast, your just going to kill your own experience in doing so - is the TLDR of my entire opinion on this. I'd rather passively gain the benifits of rep and world quest unlock while levelling than go and do all those quests because I HAVE too.

The 'lead' you got on everyone else is infact the lead everyone else has on you. Because while your grinding rep to get past the rep gates, everyone else will be farming world quests and dungeons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    May be the case, but you certainly won't have the rep to do world quests, which is the primary source of rep.
    You only need friendly which you get relatively early on in the questing for each zone. Recently completing all of the zones on beta has me into honored on most reputations without doing any world quests. If people are actually able to skip multiple levels, they probably wont have an issue if they change zones once they hit friendly. Sure, they'll have to go back eventually for flying, but it wont really hurt them in the beginning.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I never saw the appeal of blitzing through the leveling content. Even when world/server firsts existed. I always enjoy the content at a comfortable pace and read every word of quest text. I want to enjoy the story and not miss anything.
    I'm the other way around. I always loved to pick up a few guildies and play together to level fast. Not really going for realm firsts (I did that only at level 80 in WotLK), but just playing through the night as e.g. I did as a kid on LAN parties.
    Sadly, I most likely won't have the time this addon.

@ topic: I'm probably just going to do a few Pet battle quests that can be turned in everywhere (4 alliance, 1 horde) and use those for a little boost from 109-110. They have the advantage that they always scale to your level in terms of quest exp, and obviously that you don't have to go somewhere to turn them in.

It's possible, though, that I do a little more on some twinks to get one or two gatherers up sometime soon. Especially a herbalist would be needed for my main (he has inscription).
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-08-05 at 11:29 PM.