Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PVP templates need major fixing

Jeez looking at these are they terrible... Talents nerfed by 50%, damage on key abilities nerfed, stats at 25% (paladin mastery) self healing from classes that previously relied on it in order to not die instantly at 50% (IE Enh shamans, fury warriors), curiously WW heals aren't nerfed. Lock healing left entirely intact VS Every other DPS.. Man these things need major changes.
    Last edited by Goron24; 2016-08-04 at 02:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw the changes I was like WTF trash hunters beaten even more?

Deleted
    do warlocks even need healing in raids? healthstone heals from 0 to 100 in pve LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    Jeez looking at these are they terrible... Talents nerfed by 50%, damage on key abilities nerfed, stats at 25% (paladin mastery) self healing from classes that previously relied on it in order to not die instantly at 50% (IE Enh shamans, fury warriors), curiously WW heals aren't nerfed. Lock healing left entirely intact VS Every other DPS.. Man these things need major changes.
    only tanks get 50% spell multiplier nerfs, lets be honest they need those nerfs =) since tanks atm are OP on beta.

But i do think some classes need adjustments Rets: our 2 main attacks got a nerf of 30% and 40% dmg (TV/ES) this is a bit to harsh and our mastery is 25% as well as stats 85% which makes our mastery very undervalued so whats the point of blizzard enforcing a new CS gameplay style on us if our mastery is so devaluated.

DH i think need 125 Versality, since they are already very very soft and their Meta's leech was nerfed to 40% they need some survival buff.

List goes on.

But tank wise, i think those are good templates, they are still some what viable but not as OP as in open world, otherwise tank would become a mandatory for every team and making it mini PvE: tank, healer, dps you know lol?

Are you basing this on what it's like on the Pre-patch, or on beta? Because they've already stated that all the tuning going on is with 110 and full artifact power in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by raika View Post
    do warlocks even need healing in raids? healthstone heals from 0 to 100 in pve LOL
    thats not true at all

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Are you basing this on what it's like on the Pre-patch, or on beta? Because they've already stated that all the tuning going on is with 110 and full artifact power in mind.
    110lvl, since i am talking about Rated Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    110lvl, since i am talking about Rated Arena.
    My comment was to the op.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    My comment was to the op.
    Ah sorry =(, it was right under my post, so i wasnt sure >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    I agree the templates need fixing. It's my belief that Blizz is waiting for everyone to get settled at 110 before they adjust them. As is the case with every expansion, hopefully the big post-launch balance patch doesn't arrive too late.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by raika View Post
    It does that in pvp too...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    thats not true at all
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=216698/reap-souls
    +
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=199220/sweet-souls

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    But i do think some classes need adjustments Rets: our 2 main attacks got a nerf of 30% and 40% dmg (TV/ES) this is a bit to harsh and our mastery is 25% as well as stats 85% which makes our mastery very undervalued so whats the point of blizzard enforcing a new CS gameplay style on us if our mastery is so devaluated.
    The TV/ES nerf is one thing, as well as 85% strength, but I think the mastery change is a blessing in disguise. Ret would have an extremely hard time lining up damage within the judgement outside of stun. It doesn't 'undervalue' mastery, you simply don't get much mastery on your template, instead you get haste, versatility and crit. Considering mastery is one of your weakest stats in PvE, this should be a cause for celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by AvCloudy View Post
    The TV/ES nerf is one thing, as well as 85% strength, but I think the mastery change is a blessing in disguise. Ret would have an extremely hard time lining up damage within the judgement outside of stun. It doesn't 'undervalue' mastery, you simply don't get much mastery on your template, instead you get haste, versatility and crit. Considering mastery is one of your weakest stats in PvE, this should be a cause for celebration.
    Are you talking about uptime on a target, since our mobility is crap? If yes, i can definitely see that be true in a lot of cases.

If you are talking about Judgement Window itself, then it shouldnt be hard, cuz from PvP talents the last talent extends our Judgement debuff to 30 seconds which is nice =). But it kinda bugs me that overall if you look, ret got the biggest nerfs among DPS and we already under preforming, our both finishes got a big hit, also over all stats, we are in a negative sum, but classes like Mages (who are always @ top end of Rated PvP) got like over all 25% stat buff.

But ya i agree that 25% mastery is a good thing, as you said yourself its worst scaling stat for us, i just find it funny how Blizzard forced this new "Ret LORE" on us with CS debuff yet they made mastery worst stat and only 25% in pvp templates lol, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    you already have art weapon or something
    I'm in beta...

The unfortunate part is many of these arbitrary 50% reductions were slapped onto classes before proper tuning. For example, Fury was OP on beta for a long time because they just 1 shot everyone. So Blizzard reduced their self-healing by 50% and then later tuned their damage properly. Fury Warriors now deal the same damage as everyone else, but take 30% extra damage and don't have the self-healing they were designed to have to deal with it.

Also, in general I wish blizzard was just more incremental in nerfs and buffs. It's always 25/50/75% reductions or gains with blizzard. Never a barrage of small changes, can't just go from 100% to 90 or 85% eh? To the ceiling or to the floor has sadly always the philosophy and it just results in a revolving door of OP and UP specs rather than a gradual change to some sort of balanced state.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    The unfortunate part is many of these arbitrary 50% reductions were slapped onto classes before proper tuning. For example, Fury was OP on beta for a long time because they just 1 shot everyone. So Blizzard reduced their self-healing by 50% and then later tuned their damage properly. Fury Warriors now deal the same damage as everyone else, but take 30% extra damage and don't have the self-healing they were designed to have to deal with it.

Also, in general I wish blizzard was just more incremental in nerfs and buffs. It's always 25/50/75% reductions or gains with blizzard. Never a barrage of small changes, can't just go from 100% to 90 or 85% eh? To the ceiling or to the floor has sadly always the philosophy and it just results in a revolving door of OP and UP specs rather than a gradual change to some sort of balanced state.
    While I can understand your logic of making small adjustments, I am also happy they have the courage to make radical changes. PVP IS looking hopeful.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if their strategy is to tune classes in PVP and hotfix radically they will need to introduce a rating decay when someone camps the ladder. It is quite possible something escapes the radar, goes high into a 3-4 hour session and then camps for the remainder of the season.

Did one BG saw my spells doing no damage and left on the spot. Glad I know PvP is fucked now too!

Its kinda funny because they are actually doing a decent job with enhancement shamans. They lowered master by like 50%, doubled versatility and increased our healing. Overall we do a little bit less sustained damage, have a bit more survivability and our burst went up a bit.