Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    What ilvl are you? What comp did you run? Had your group seen the dungeon before? I've successfully healed Mythic+10 as disc. Figuring out why its difficult for you would probably be useful for you but we'd need more information.
    Was 820 or something, now I am 860 and healed all up to 6 without no issue as Disc. I should of probably mentioned that it was due to item level. I guess on low item level your save bet is Holy, although proved to be possible even at low level as disc.

I love the new disc actually, I am finding myself stuck on beta, regretting I did not play it from Alpha even tho i had the chance. Especially in Mythic+ dungs it goes really good with disc. I can push as much DPS as many other proper dps, while I still hit amazing healing.

Last expansion I had hard time rerolling to holy to disc, but these days I am really looking forward to maining disc instead of holy, it is awesome
    Last edited by mmocd20d58e44b; 2016-08-04 at 07:18 AM.

Managed to get a heroic Unblinking Gaze of Sethe last night; is it any good or should I keep trying for Prophecy of Fear? Obviously it's going to be a bit crap on single target fights, but how's it fare on fights with lots of adds?

Wowhead comments say that it works very similar to things like Chi Burst or Divine Star, but with a smaller width on the hitbox. Does it fire from your character, or from the target?
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-08-04 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Managed to get a heroic Unblinking Gaze of Sethe last night; is it any good or should I keep trying for Prophecy of Fear? Obviously it's going to be a bit crap on single target fights, but how's it fare on fights with lots of adds?

Wowhead comments say that it works very similar to things like Chi Burst or Divine Star, but with a smaller width on the hitbox. Does it fire from your character, or from the target?
    It contributes adds about 5-6% to atonement healing even with heroic on single target fights, maybe about 6-8% with adds (it really doesn't add that much with more adds). PoF is like 8-15% depending on RNG and how well you manage the proc. I use M DP/M seethe on every fight only because I don't have a PoF. And before I got a Mythic PoF I did use a heroic one for the first week of prepatch.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Well, speak of the devil. Just got H PoF from my last seal of the week.

I've got normal DP which I've been using all the while, since it's kinda OP now with the lack of mana restoring abilities; so I'm assuming that PoF will be the best to use in general on mostly single-target fights?

Just tested PoF on H Arch, and yeah, 9% of my damage done. Didn't get to make use of the proc very much, however. Bit of bad RNG on raid mechanics.

Also in a mythic dungeon.

That awkward moment when a healer is top DPS

Overall seems pretty nice. Although it's fucking annoying when it procs on an add and you only get like 3 seconds of it before the add dies.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-08-04 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    If you're asking about 110 calculations, the short answer is "higher ilevel". Secondary stat scaling changes at 110 mean the int gains outweigh any possible secondary stats. Then just use the "Haste > Crit > Mastery/Vers" convention to weigh items of the same ilevel.

There may be a few exceptions with rings/neck (no int) and maybe a mastery/vers piece that's 5 ilevels higher than a haste/crit piece but those situations are really rare with the titanforging. Unless you're at the super bleeding edge and unlikely to find items that are actually ilevel upgrades it's not something that you're likely to run into.
    At 110 verse doesnt fall very far from crit in just pure output, not taking into account of any special scalings. Crit is 350 ratings for just 1% crit and you start with base crit, for 1%/0.5% verse is 400 ratings. This conversion is much smaller then it was at 110. Its now only 12.5% diffrence instead of 16.67% at 100. This mean when you compare thoes 2 stats you pay 50 ratings extra to take 0.5% less damage all the time. Often you arent decks in verse either so you get full or close to full % increases from it. Stacking as many seperate multipliers as possible will increase output the most.

Verse is better in legion at 110 then it was in wod. Then again verse doesnt have multistrike to compete with now.

What is the general consensus on Disc viability in Mythic raids? I'm hearing mixed opinions from different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Helelos View Post
    What is the general consensus on Disc viability in Mythic raids? I'm hearing mixed opinions from different sources.
    Notice how the better disc priests say it's viable to strong, while those who jumped on the bandwagon in Wod or even mop or are just mediocre are saying it's weak or whatever.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The ones saying it is mediocre are usually the ones that don't even play priest. Those who bandwagoned on Disc in WoD are too busy complaining on the WoW forums about how hard it is to heal dungeons.

The ones saying it is mediocre are usually the ones that don't even play priest. Those who bandwagoned on Disc in WoD are too busy complaining on the WoW forums about how hard it is to heal dungeons.
    So who should you take seriously then? The good players, or the mediocre naysayers?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I am pretty curious if top guilds will end up using it in Legion mythic raiding. Opinions seem very mixed.

Obviously it'll be more than viable for average mythic guilds (although not necessarily popular). But the spec definitely has some pretty defined strengths and weaknesses and I don't think many people have enough experience with Legion mythics to say whether there will be room for it at the absolute top level of raiding when you can only take 3-5 out of the 6 healing specs.

I'm more interested in what RL's and healing officers from top guilds have to say. So far, it just seems like disc's are convincing themselves that there is a spot for them in mythic progression, at least for the good ones, but on the other hand there's a pretty hefty chunk of top raiders literally saying that disc is, and I quote, "pure garbage". I want to stay disc, and continue progressing to mythic raiding as one, but I don't see that happening without convincing everyone that the spec is actually superb.
    Last edited by phyx; 2016-08-05 at 08:50 AM.

High end Mythic guilds who have a good disc player will use it and make it work just fine.
    The true top end where people change mains every patch/expansion depending on what is best will not bring a disc unless some amazing gimmick is found.

That is my expectation atleast.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    I am pretty curious if top guilds will end up using it in Legion mythic raiding. Opinions seem very mixed.

Obviously it'll be more than viable for average mythic guilds (although not necessarily popular). But the spec definitely has some pretty defined strengths and weaknesses and I don't think many people have enough experience with Legion mythics to say whether there will be room for it at the absolute top level of raiding when you can only take 3-5 out of the 6 healing specs.
    The problem I have found is that "average" mythic guilds tend to unwaveringly copy exactly what is viewed as the "best comp". My girlfriend played Holy last expansion and we were ultimately unable to find a reasonably good raid team because Holy was billed as "suboptimal comp" despite the fact many of the guilds we applied to were cutting edge but far from competitive in the race. Holy was clearly more than viable for that level of progression but viability didn't seem to matter.

Sadly this is one of the negatives of the increase in accessibility of theory crafting these days. In the past I found that average guilds were frankly more ignorant and hence if players didn't die and you weren't on the bottom of the meter then they were content. It's sad because I've always loved theory crafting and in general feel that accessibility of knowledge is a good thing.

I'd like to think that the DPS contribution from Disc is high enough to make them a valuable member of the team on most progression but at this point I believe only time will tell. I am a bit worried that it will be better overall just to drop a healer down to 3 on many encounters rather than having Disc as your fourth healer. Ultimately what the top guilds field will matter a lot as average guilds will seek to emulate this to the letter.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

At the top end it's likely that some fights will be more suited/advantageous for disc and some for holy. A solid priest will play both - you don't have to pigeonhole yourself into one or the other.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-08-05 at 11:12 AM.

It seems ok even without the artefact ability. (Which is a very noticable part of your kit at 110.)

There are a few annoyances though:

I would like an ability to sometimes catch up if something went wrong (debuff in the wrong moment thus not enough atonement on the raid when the big hit comes because I had to run around), maybe on a talent. Everything we have (aside from shadowmend) has to be set up in advance, even our raid CD and sometimes we get hindered from properly setting up due to ignorance or encounter mechanics.

The other thing that allways annoyes me is when everyone has a health deficit and a nice long atonement but the last target just died and I'm ooc. Those are situations where I really wish for something other than shadowmend. Something to consume all atomnements for some healing on all affected targets usable only ooc? The ability to set up a dummy I can smite for some atonement healing? Damaging myself for some atonement? Or my personal favorite: Killing someone in exchange of topping of everyone else :P
    All of those should only work ooc of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So who should you take seriously then? The good players, or the mediocre naysayers?
    Those who can articulate their points properly and thus show show they actually spent some time on the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    At the top end it's likely that some fights will be more suited/advantageous for disc and some for holy. A solid priest will play both - you don't have to pigeonhole yourself into one or the other.
    I don't see the advantage or niche of playing Holy other than "it does slightly more healing than Disc".

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    Great idea to split your AP into two artifacts and be subpar with both.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I suggest you look into how artifact research works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Not really, if you consistently do Research Artifact Notes, the catch up Mechanic should fix that issue.
    Healing priests are expected to play both spec anyway like Charity mentioned.

Recruiting Officer of <Full Mongo> Stormrage-US
    Priest || Paladin || Mage || Shaman || Monk || Youtube

I don't see the advantage or niche of playing Holy other than "it does *significantly* more healing than Disc".
    Fixed that for you. Higher throughput = drop a healer for a real DPS. Not to mention varied utility and the countless factors that could make one spec outshine the other on any given encounter.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-08-05 at 01:59 PM.