Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mage TMW Rotation Profile ALL SPECS - 7.0.3 - LEGION w/Download

This is a Rotation guide built in TMW for all three Mage specs that will display important information in the center of your screen so that you can easily deal the most damage possible.

This is set up to work with any talent setup so feel free to play and find what works or use guides online to get the most of your class.

New features with this Profile are the Group Anchor that will allow you to move and customize the layout to your liking and this profile has very limited overlapping icons so moving things around should be even easier than before

I highly recommend reading about the three specs to get a better understanding of the class. This will allow you to use this tool as a starting point and adding your skill as a player to get that extra 10%

UPDATE 8/14/2016

Rune of Power is no longer in the rotation for any spec. Initially I thought it a good idea to emphasize a good time to use the spell but after some play and feedback I decided that the best way to keep the rotation moving smoothly was to allocate it solely to the cooldown bar. Usage of the spell will not be shown and I would suggest reading about optimal times to cast it, such as in line with cooldowns and other buffs.

An activation border will now highlight when the spell has 2 charges.

Fire

- Removed Fire Blast prediction
    - Added Fire Blast CD Tracker above the main rotation. It will show a gold border when casting fireball and Heating Up is not active. This is done primarily to make you aware that you may get a crit and should be aware of it's cooldown and charges.
    - Changed Fireball logic to no longer hide the icon while casting

Frost

- Added a cooldown tracker for Ray of Frost if talented to show when the spell has <5 seconds remaining. This is to allow better tracking between the spell and Rune of Power

You can find the LATEST VERSION HERE

To Import this profile, download the latest TMW Version

1. Copy the Profile in full
    2. Open TMW in game (/tmw)
    3. Paste the entire profile on the bottom Text Bar
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

This will allow you to use this profile as you see it.

Hope you enjoy it!

- - - Updated - - -

Made a couple tweaks to the fire rotation. Should be more precise
    Last edited by chesder; 2016-08-24 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    i may be wrong but i thought you are only supposed to use fireblast when you have the heated up buff for a guaranteed pyro. you can waste your heated up proc with fireball ball if it does not crit

Quote Originally Posted by rhode312 View Post
    i may be wrong but i thought you are only supposed to use fireblast when you have the heated up buff for a guaranteed pyro. you can waste your heated up proc with fireball ball if it does not crit
    I was discussing it with mages who raid at a high level and the general concensus was that it is ok to put fire blast after we a fireball as long as you can save at least two for combustion

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    I was discussing it with mages who raid at a high level and the general concensus was that it is ok to put fire blast after we a fireball as long as you can save at least two for combustion
    Damn man. You are doing work. You don't have many classes left with this. I can't wait to see if you do Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Haokah View Post
    Damn man. You are doing work. You don't have many classes left with this. I can't wait to see if you do Demon Hunter.
    August 9th

August 9th
    I am looking forward to it. I have subbed to your YouTube, so I will definitely be on the look out.
    Last edited by Haokah; 2016-08-01 at 03:54 PM.

This sounds like bad practice - with 40%+ crit you should never be sitting on 2 fire blasts due to lack of fireball crits.

It's better to horde your FB's for a time when you can use them to trigger pyro.

Not a mage player yet but isn't it obvious to save FB for when you have Heating up to activate Hot Streak? Like literally always save it

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Not a mage player yet but isn't it obvious to save FB for when you have Heating up to activate Hot Streak? Like literally always save it
    The way the profile is set up is that fire blast will be suggested when heating up is active or when casting fireball and it's not active. You ignore it if you like but from personal raid testing it was the same dps either way.

Deleted
    from personal raid testing
    A few kills are an extremely unreliable sample. Not only you have a small sample, you also have a questionable sample on execution reproducibility. The reason simulations are trusted - when the particular script they run is understood at least - is that they run for thousands of times but also in a very reproducible manner.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    A few kills are an extremely unreliable sample. Not only you have a small sample, you also have a questionable sample on execution reproducibility. The reason simulations are trusted - when the particular script they run is understood at least - is that they run for thousands of times but also in a very reproducible manner.
    While simulations can provide more samples, those results are based on an assumption that it is using the ideal input. I speak from personal experience testing and would rely on others to either support or disprove my results using their own testing. If you find an issue with something the addon is suggesting as a viable option then I would ask that it be shared with me so that I can make adjustments accordingly.

Deleted
    personal experience testing and would rely on others to either support or disprove my results using their own testing.
    Your testing method is flawed and you should not rely on it or ask others to use your own testing method because you will get flawed results too. At the very least you could do a world wide analysis of warcraftlogs but I don't know if that's even possible because you'd have to trim all other rotations out.

I'll try to add that change to a simulation script I was running lately (the default one on a level 100 setup).

You were were right apparently. There is a very modest DPS increase.

The change was:

actions.single_target+=/fire_blast,if=(buff.hot_streak.down&buff.heating_up.up)|(action.fire_blast.charges=2&!buff .heating_up.up)

PS. Your method of testing is still flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Your testing method is flawed and you should not rely on it or ask others to use your own testing method because you will get flawed results too. At the very least you could do a world wide analysis of warcraftlogs but I don't know if that's even possible because you'd have to trim all other rotations out.

I'll try to add that change to a simulation script I was running lately (the default one on a level 100 setup).

The change was:

actions.single_target+=/fire_blast,if=(buff.hot_streak.down&buff.heating_up.up)|(action.fire_blast.charges=2&!buff .heating_up.up)

I'm glad to hear it worked out

Chesder, could you guide me through how to add Fire Blast and the new Phoenix Flames to the spell trackers you already have?
    I'm pretty new to TMW, and having so many spells at once in the config section is a bit overwhelming :x
    Last edited by n0cks; 2016-08-05 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cks View Post
    Chesder, could you give me through how to add Fire Blast and the new Phoenix Flames to the spell trackers you already have?
    I'm pretty new to TMW, and having so many spells at once in the config section is a bit overwhelming :x
    You want just cooldown trackers? Or them in the rotation ?

You want just cooldown trackers? Or them in the rotation ?
    Just the trackers. I'm reading some guides on how to do it. I believe I'm on the right track

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post

classic tobindax

Quote Originally Posted by n0cks View Post
    Just the trackers. I'm reading some guides on how to do it. I believe I'm on the right track
    To make a cooldown tracker, create a group. You can right click and drag the bottom right handle to increase or decrease the number of icons, and left click it to scale.

In Icon settings, change it to Spell Cooldown, type the spell name in the field below and change the opacity for "Not available" from hidden (0%) to whatever other value.

On the right you'll see "Show Timers and Show Timer Text" That is the most basic way to track a cd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    classic tobindax
    Wow... That reference

Making a few updates in prep for Legion. Be sure to check back soon!

I'll be adding the Artifact abilities soon. Some are part of a rotation while others are more cooldown based.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE 8/11/2016

General

- Added GCD Tracker for all specs

Arcane

- Removed 75 Talent CDs
    - Moved Charged Up CD to bottom bar
    - Added Artifact CD to top bar

Fire

- Removed 75 Talents CDs
    - Moved 100 Talents
    - Moved Living Bomb CD tracker to bottom bar