Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Income inequality is a non issue...period.
    Please back this statement up with anything. I am curious as to what rationale exists in people who believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It is, actually; it's a symptom that there's a low velocity of money which in turn inhibits long term economic growth.

Which is precisely why they -aren't- free to opt out of the economy.

Why is it a bad thing if the government coerces someone into paying tax, but not a bad thing if people are being coerced into working.
    Because you shouldn't get money based upon the fact that you are breathing?

You are not entitled to anyone elses labor, just because you are alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Please back this statement up with anything. I am curious as to what rationale exists in people who believe that.
    Because no one is holding a gun to your head and saying you HAVE TO work for anyone. You don't have a right to demand someone give you their money because you feel they have to much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you shouldn't get money based upon the fact that you are breathing?
    Arguable.

You are not entitled to anyone elses labor, just because you are alive.
    Nor are CEO's entitled to the money they earn from other people's labor without conditions. QED.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    If people actually exercised their right to vote, we wouldn't need a revolution.
    That worked so well for the #DNC, right?

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have a right to demand someone give you their money because you feel they have to much.
    Sorry, but people can make all the demands they want. Its actually a constitutionally protected right, so Im not sure what youre going on about.

The powers that be in the USA spend a lot of time and money teaching the people to fear and dislike the very idea of a “revolution” (which is quite peculiar for a country that prides itself on its founding revolution of 1776). Any kind of revolutionary spark would find itself unable to gain any momentum and would then be snuffed out.

Arguable.

Nor are CEO's entitled to the money they earn from other people's labor without conditions. QED.
    If the shareholders and board decide to pay them more than you think they are worth, that is their right. You can choose not to shop there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    That worked so well for the #DNC, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but people can make all the demands they want. Its actually a constitutionally protected right, so Im not sure what youre going on about.
    Sure, they an whine all they want, but it doesn't mean they are going to get what they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it a bad thing if the government coerces someone into paying tax, but not a bad thing if people are being coerced into working.
    If you are working, you are producing goods that help maintain this economy. Hence the society doesn't have to give you anything, if you don't give anything to it. Mutually beneficial cooperation!

It is another matter when you do give something to it, but don't get enough money to be well off. Then, I think, it is the society's duty to take care of you and to support you. But when you are not producing any goods, not benefiting the society in any way? Nope. UNLESS you are not benefiting it for a good reason, like disability.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    It doesn't matter as long as quality of life is going up long-term. It's like if you make $30k more a decade from now but your neighbor makes $60k more, inequality went up, but it doesn't mean its an issue that matters or needs Robin Hood.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-06 at 12:32 AM.

Sure, they an whine all they want, but it doesn't mean they are going to get what they want.
    Dont twist it now. You said they have no right to make peaceful demands and youre wholly wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Dont twist it now. You said they have no right to make peaceful demands and youre wholly wrong about that.
    Keep aiming for those windmills buddy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    70-90% of the people in this country are pretty damn stupid (mostly due to ignorance) in the first place.

People who "aren't happy" complain about high health care costs and the price of gas and rising inflation, as they drive their 30-40k car to their cushy office job after dropping off their healthiest-in-the-world kids at a top-rated private school costing 10k+ a year while they talk to their 85 year old mother who is still alive thanks to one of the best healthcare systems in the world on their $700 smart phone sitting in the air conditioning on a freshly re-paved road free of trash and human waste due to impeccable civil services and public financed programs and services.

Or they "aren't happy" and complain about "police brutality and racism" as they sit in their subsidized apartment with their "free" cell phone and internet service and stocked refrigerator (also "free") because they're on 37 different welfare/aid programs because they are "disabled" because they have a BMI of 40 and diabetes and 7 kids who get free breakfast, lunch, & dinner every day at their "free" public school with their "free" public transportation enjoying their "free" air conditioning and compared-to-the-rest-of-the-goddamn-world RIDICULOUSLY safe streets. Hell they're probably high from smoking a blunt because their bf/dealer got out of jail again even though it was his 7th arrest.

Dump them just about anywhere else in the world for a year (outside of like Western Europe or Japan or South Korea) and they'll come back and that 70% who "are not happy with the direction the country is headed" will drop to about 0%.
    Bravo! Most people who have traveled outside the U.S. never left the "tourist zones". The only people they met were the locals who are paid to serve them and other rich people like themselves. You don't go to Cancun to see filthy streets and poor people, ewwww!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.