Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I got to level 60 on a PvP Server and then decided to make a recreational Alt on a PvE Server

That recreational Alt became my new main after seeing that the much touted World PvP was just Bored max level characters going and two-shotting lowbies.

I can say some engagements were interesting when they were around my level but those occasions were too few and the times where it was a Level ?? Alliance Character was far too common,

World PvP. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Back in BC when my friends were getting me in on the game they made the PvP sound like something fun and interesting that turned out to be a total farce.

So it was less "Dumb enough to expect PvP" and more "Not quite as advertized"

Or maybe you just dont like PvP in the world?, its still players versus players there, even if you gank, or get ganked.
    You mean "note quite as your friends advertised"

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Perhaps if people would actually engage in player VERSUS player more instead of one-sided ganking.
    People will insist on calling it PvP when they are doing everything they can to remove the versus element.
    That isn't PvP, that is one-sided.
    The community is what makes PvP realms unappealing, not that it is PvP.

And why the constant use of the term "forced" when it isn't even close to being true.
    The move was not mandatory, it was optional.
    And the numbers, if that significant are speaking volumes about it.
    One sided or not, its still pvp, we've all been ganked, we've all done the ganking

How you adapt to another playing trying to kill you when youre not prepared is also a part of Player Versus Player.

If people dont like world pvp, there is no reason to ever roll on a pvp realm, as bgs and arenas will be available to you regardless.

Natural consequence of developers completely abandoning wpvp and doing nothing to facilitate it
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I'm glad fun isn't subjective and that you anti-pvp'ers have established what does and does not qualify as being fun. I mean the adrenaline rush I get from escaping a gank I shouldn't have is clearly my undeveloped pvp-loving temporal lobe making me think I'm enjoying myself. I apologize for doing it wrong.
    As his post points out thier is no way to escape from a gank when the ganker is 20 levels or more higher than you. They one or two shot you. Then usually camp your body that isn't pvp that is ganking and ruining another players playing experience.
    Yes world pvp when at least close level and gear wise is some of the best fun I have ever had in the game sadly that hardly ever happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Pre-flying WoD was the best. Lurking in the woods and ambushing paths. /sigh

I remember ambusing titanium veins during Wotlk. *SURPRISE* though I admit some of those miners really put up a decent fight. One of my best horde friends and I met this way :P
    Horde PVP vendor in Pandaria. Running down to the door, multishotting, and then running away to FD and fly on top of their building daring them to chase me. Once they did they typically ate an explosive trap to the face and fell to their gear damage. The ones I knew were engineers would get a special tranq arrow mid-air so they couldn't glide to safety.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Natural consequence of developers completely abandoning wpvp and doing nothing to facilitate it
    Why should they ?
    It is open, it is imbalanced.
    That's the problem with it.
    It is fundamentally impossible to balance therefore how can they facilitate anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I had a lot of fun on a PvP server in BC following around my friend as he leveled up his blood elf paladin in STV with my level 70 undead stealthed rogue. My paladin friend would regularly run into silly alliance that would group up and try to gank him. That's was when I popped out of stealth and tore them in half!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Good riddance, i want PvP realms to be FULL of PvP players.

Why should they ?
    It is open, it is imbalanced.
    That's the problem with it.
    It is fundamentally impossible to balance therefore how can they facilitate anything.
    They could of done at least one of these two things:
    1) give some sort of debuff to those killing players 10 or more levels lower than themselves. Don't bg's keep one grouped in a 10 level range? This debuff either makes them do less damage or take more and grows with more killing of low levels and has a long timer to go away.

2) the one I like better, if you attack someone 10 levels or lower you attack them at thier level and they attack you back at your level.
    So one low level shouldn't beat a higher level player due to the many more skills the higher player would have but a group of low levels could fight off a ganker. It would encourage players of the same level to talk and group up more and would be a more impressive display of skill if the ganker could fight off multiple low level players.

Instead the way it is now game, and always has been, one has to hope high level friends, guildies or randomly nearby ones will come and chase off the ganker. And all that does at best is chase them off for short periods of time.

Carebears crying about world PVP more at 11....
    You might think people who don't want to be engaged in potentially very unfair pvp situations would stop being retarded and just roll on pve servers.
    That isn't PvP, that is one-sided.
    No that's duels in front of orgrimmar.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-08-06 at 11:54 AM. Reason: misread

OP plays the game for 10 years and still cant world pvp

maybe a pve server rly would be better for xyr

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile I miss my PvP realm. Since I transferred to a pve realm to play with my brothers.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Meanwhile I miss my PvP realm. Since I transferred to a pve realm to play with my brothers.
    You could always use the in game looking for group and join a pvp realm when you want to pvp.

Why are you playing on a pvp server if you hate world pvp in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Why are you playing on a pvp server if you hate world pvp in the first place?
    Might be as he stated he started there with friends and those friends no longer play. It isn't cheap to transfer over toons specially if one has a good amount of them. Add in you can't bring much gold over with you and I can see how one feels stuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    You could always use the in game looking for group and join a pvp realm when you want to pvp.
    It's probably not the same and he'd have to rely on others just to server hop. Leveling without that constant fear of death would just be stupid boring in my opinion.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I have a few 90's on a PvP server.

PvP went like this.

Ohh a lowbe, gank - fly off.

Uneven fight having fun, even fight everyone leaves.

Need to go afk? No matter how high in the sky or how hidden u think you are, you come back for a corpse run.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Good riddance, i want PvP realms to be FULL of PvP players.
    Are there real pvp players at all? Those who really like owpvp.
    Along with pve players, on pvp realms, there are also pvpers who like only instanced pvp.
    Im afraid true open-world pvpers are very few in numbers.
    Wildstar and Swtor, both AAA games, dont have anymore/have very low populated pvp realms. Think it tells us owpvp not really welcome, generally speaking.

Deleted
    I did play from the very beginning of WoW and only PVP servers were an option for me. I still don't mind getting mowed over but i'm glad i left with most of my chars to an PVE server when cross real came and with the new system now zones are too populated even for back in the early days and now it's a fight against a faceless guy from some random server. The chance that i'll meet him again are so low it's a joke.

It feels like a quickmatch instead of a server based game with a community.

It's probably not the same and he'd have to rely on others just to server hop. Leveling without that constant fear of death would just be stupid boring in my opinion.
    Agreed not ideal but still has the ability to do so. Heck he could create a toon on his old realm and start a group himself to server hop too.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If you played on a PVP server you choose to be there, so what are you complaining about? Speak for yourself but I started on a PVE server and now I play mainly on a PVP server, by choice, by preference.

My thoughts exactly. Don't understand the gripe here tbh.