The guide basically assumes you use Patient Sniper since it's so much better. Most things will work for non-PS players, but the opener will definitely be different if you're not using Patient Sniper. Can't imagine why you wouldn't, but whatever.

1: You don't have to cast it immediately because you don't lose a cast by delaying it. As long as you get it off within Vulnerable, you have maximized the # of Marked Shots you can do in a fight, and the damage they do (providing you use Sidewinders probably, which is inherently tied to Marked Shot).

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    1: You don't have to cast it immediately because you don't lose a cast by delaying it. As long as you get it off within Vulnerable, you have maximized the # of Marked Shots you can do in a fight, and the damage they do (providing you use Sidewinders probably, which is inherently tied to Marked Shot).

Ahh, this is the part I don't think I understood. Is the amount of marked shots you can do in a fight "standardized"? As in, does marked targets happen on a timed basis or is it random? if it's random, I would think that the sooner you cast Marked Shot, the sooner the proc can happen again, which was my assumption, so you would effectively be losing out on casts throughout the fight.

Not sure if you know what I mean but if you could confirm that for me that would basically answer my question!

Also, to TLDR - Patient Sniper = smaller numbers on big shots (due to not stacking vulnerable like with arcane shot) but more consistent and easier to maintain
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2016-08-06 at 10:06 PM.

You get 1 Marked Shot per Marking Targets proc. Unless you spend another Marking Targets proc on Sidewinders while Marked Shot is available, or you simply don't cast Marked Shot before Hunter's Mark expires, you'll only have as many Marked Shots as the # of Marking Targets procs you consume.

It's Sidewinders which consumes Marking Targets and allows a new proc to happen, not Marked Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    You get 1 Marked Shot per Marking Targets proc. Unless you spend another Marking Targets proc on Sidewinders while Marked Shot is available, or you simply don't cast Marked Shot before Hunter's Mark expires, you'll only have as many Marked Shots as the # of Marking Targets procs you consume.

It's Sidewinders which consumes Marking Targets and allows a new proc to happen, not Marked Shot.

That makes sense. IcyVeins doesn't take into consideration that we almost all take sidewinders, so it still shows up the duration as 30 seconds + stacking when you mouseover in the guide. I think you can understand where I got all confused trying to figure it out!

So basically let's assume I get a marked target proc, I cast marked, it applies vulnerable, and right away I get another marked shot proc, I should cast aimed 1-2 times (depending on time I have, almost always 2) and then once they are casted and vulnerable is wearing off, THEN I should cast sidewinders again to activate marked and re-apply vulnerable. I should do this because casting marked twice in a row (SW > marked > proc > SW > Marked) would essentially just be wasting vulnerable uptime by refreshing it too early (lose that 50% dmg increase on aimed) and I'm going to run into dead time after anyway waiting for focus/SW. Correct?

Thank you so much, that helped clearing up a lot of it! I can see how when you figure it out it starts making sense pretty quickly. Cheers Azorth, you're the best!

You just burn with Aimed until the Sidewinders wouldn't cap you.

Vulnerable uptime isn't a resource. Aimed Shot casts during Vulnerable is, and that's tied to -focus-. Vulnerable uptime can go fuck itself, as long as you're maximizing Aimed Shots with Vulnerable that's all you need to do. Overwriting with 3 seconds left doesn't matter if you couldn't have cast Aimed Shot in those 3 seconds anyway. Even if you could, it doesn't really matter because you just carry the unspent focus over to the next Vulnerable where you can then spend it.

If you're not capping focus, you're achieving most of what the spec demands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Also, to TLDR - Patient Sniper = smaller numbers on big shots (due to not stacking vulnerable like with arcane shot) but more consistent and easier to maintain
    It is acutally the other way around.

The Debuff you get with Patient Sniper increases the dmg bonus from vulnerable to 150% but the debuff does not stack anymore and the duration is only 6 seconds. Without Patient Sniper the dmg bonus from vulnerable is 25% per stack and stacking up to three times and the duration of the debuff is 30 seconds (so it is way easier to handle).

Hey, could someone give me a hint here? I have those trinkets: kihras (685), Infalible tracking charm, Malicious Censer (740) and Stone of the elements (725)
    the doubt here is if i should use the malicious censer or kihras instead the infalible tracking charm, would really apreciate a help here

Deleted
    I guess you are playing MM so

Track + Stone are fine

Malicious isnt good because 1 give crit and isnt no more on top of priority stats 2 give less agi than stone (And stone gives flat passive versatility (like 2-3%) )

Dunno what think Azor or Effin, but I find more useful Kihras due to the HUGE boost in Mastery (even that 685 trinket give a huge boost) for a combo Injector+Ring

Doesn't matter what anyone "thinks", the sims are in the guide.

Deleted
    Ah didnt saw you put a sim in the icy veins guide, my bad.
    @lucasriosfg

Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2016-08-10 at 10:47 AM.

Is there an updated guide on azor's UI config?

Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post
    Is there an updated guide on azor's UI config?
    Not that I could find. I'm having some LUA errors with fonts so I'll be using some of the same addons but not the package.

It would be great to see some keybinds though! I'm coming back from a long hiatus and using only my naga currently plus some x,z,q,e,f keybinds.

I have taken down the UI download. If you want the ElvUI profile, you can import the profile string here. http://pastebin.com/u/Azortharion

Since everyone is more desperate for racial sims than anything else, here you fucking go.

Marksmanship:

Sim is done on a 300s fight with 20% variation, with 865 best in slot preraid gear and an 894 iLvl artifact. The artifact has 26 traits in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Beast Mastery

what are the best traits to add +1 rank in the MM artefact?

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    what are the best traits to add +1 rank in the MM artefact?
    If you look at the first post in the theorycrafting thread, I did a breakdown of these for each spec. It's in Artifacts->Relics for each spec.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ting-All-specs

Most people will probably use the +1 QS x 3, because it increases quality-of-life by reducing the CD of True Shot down to 2m. However, this is only going to increase your dps in boss fights if that CD reduction actually causes more full TS to be executed within the time limits your guild is killing the boss in. The Precision and Marked for Death traits performed the best in simulations at the time, but ultimately, keep in mind, that the ilvl increase from the relic is going to trump the relic trait, especially if you are going from a rare relic to a purple one.

Here was the post where I talk about the MM results a bit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41682005

The Quick Shot trait is either completely useless, or pretty good. It will either break encounters or it will do nothing meaningful at all. That's a dodgy choice for a relic.

Hey just wanted to thank you Azor for the guides and everyone else for their sims/other stuff. I've not been following hunter for a long time but I plan on levelling one as my reroll.

So stuff like this save me a lot of time !

Cheers and happy hunting

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got back after a ~8month break... and what the heck happened to us?

I can't be that naive to think no one else found these blatant bugs with hunters in beta and they couldn't fix them.. right?

For BM alone; half the tooltips display cooldown reductions that aren't correct, DB cancels my auto attack animation (Don't have swing timers, not sure if it cancels the actual auto attack) and the annoying whistle every 9 seconds makes the bread and butter ability so clunky and annoying, Volley doesn't seem to always trigger on auto attacks or maybe it just doesn't work in old raids(?).

The new pet AI is unbelievably bad and i am assuming they changed Assist mode so it no longer attacks things that hit you or you don't hit? My pet randomly runs ahead 30 yards when im standing still and pulls unnecessary mobs... this feels like im playing a VERY early alpha class build.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    this feels like im playing a VERY early alpha class build.
    Probably because it's largely unchanged from early alpha XD