Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Age of Conan, the hype was unreal. I was just a little disappointed with lack of content and stability (had a pretty good computer at the time but it was not running good at all)and buggs and stuff but i loved the classes and raids, music and zones and fatalitys, might try it out again on steam just to play a Dark Templar again.
    Heh Age of Conan, my internal hype machine was unplugged for the last time after this came out, I was excited....and ya, we all know.

Dont get hyped for games.

You either end up pleasantly surprised when something is good, otherwise you are prepared for a game to possibly suck.

ArcheAge: Loved everything about it, apart from the forced PVP and Pirate system. I'd play it regularly if it had pure PVE servers. I actually made it to 50 and quite a while beyond that, but I can't abide by a game which might have me invest, only to lose it all. Loved the mounts especially in the game.

GW2: Loved the art, the settings, the mechanics (mostly) but I had lost all interest @ 79. It just didn't fulfill my MMO needs. It was my lesson about pre-purchasing untested games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar holds my nr.1 spot for biggest disappointment. It just wasn't fun to play.

Archeage was another disappointment. Actually I kinda like the gameplay and it had some neat ideas, but the game was utterly ruined by incompetent developers and publishers.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Mop. Nothing more disappointing than that entire expansion.
    You must not have played WOD then
    For me it was BDO. It wasn't as anticipated by me but by many others. I just couldn't stand the combat, awful game.

Mine would be Rift, because of Trion's total inability to balance a game at launch. Basing balance passes on forum whining, and instead of subtle changes they nerfed shit into worthlessness. What appealed to me about Rift was the character diversity, and after two months post launch my chosen class (warrior) had one single viable pve dps spec, one viable pve tank spec but only for magic based fights, and one single pvp spec whose only purpose was to drain casters. All three of those were going to be nerfed in one way or the other in the next months updates, so I left.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    #2 allready won the thread.
    How? Its a question with many answers. Or did you sock puppet an account to reply?

SWOTR and Black Desert for me.

I guess you could say...all of them since after WoW was released. I was an MMO player well before WoW came out and loved several different games, but after WoW came out none of them have been able to hold my interest as much as they use to. Now I just blame it on my age and how my tastes have changed though. I don't even feel like spending that much time in a game anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    You must not have played WOD then
    For me it was BDO. It wasn't as anticipated by me but by many others. I just couldn't stand the combat, awful game.
    I played it, was a major improvement to warcraft compared to Mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me its a tie.

Wildstar. The ideas and humor behind it seemed so good but they just never seemed to carry over very well into the game itself.

The Old Republic. This game had everything going for it that a game could possibly hope for. Yet what we got was a far cry from what we should have gotten and the surprisingly blunt discussion at GDC afterwards was quite revealing on why. Not to mention the wreckage it left in its wake as it floundered.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar & SWTOR
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstaaaaaaaaar, where the everything sounded great but... the bugs got me by the legs. It was the first time I really considered "I lost money".

And sometimes I still dream of playing Ragnarok Online again. Just to listen to the cool music while killing giant violin-playing crickets with a guitar.

Warlords of Draenor, I guess. I've been playing WoW almost since the beginning (started about a year before BC came out), and overall, I've enjoyed it. But WoD was a pretty big disappointment. It didn't take long at all for me to get bored after I hit 100 on my main. I was unsubscribed for most of the expansion after that and only just recently started again in anticipation of Legion.

WoW is the only MMORPG I've ever really touched, so that one expansion from it is the best I can contribute to this discussion. I dicked around with Tera for a little while but didn't get far before I lost interest.

Wildstar.

I love wildstar. I do. I even paid for a sub for a year, because I wanted the game to succeed. They had a great financial model—CREDD was basically the inspiration for the WoW token. The game had humor, style and just "fun".
    The problem was the attunement grind and difficulty. If you didn't keep up with the joneses, no one would help you out. Veteran dungeons are so hard they can't be queued for, and once people got gold (or after a while they nerfed it to bronze) they moved on. None of my friends wanted to slog through the (actually difficult) leveling process, so it sucked. I came back after F2P, and it was a much smoother experience, but at that point, there's only a few thousand per day that log in.

I wanted Wildstar to succeed.. But it just was the right game a decade too late.

FF14:ARR ran like crap on my computer. So disappointing.

SWTOR was just dull and lifeless and unfun. I walked away after a week or so and didn't look back.

I wasn't disappointed with WildStar, because I was sure it would fail and stayed away from it.

The key to avoiding disappointment has been to not expect much. This does lead to not even bothering to play the games, though.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2016-08-07 at 03:04 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Guild Wars 2.

I think the game is -okay-. But it didn't come near to living up to the hype and excitement I had, thus creating huge feelings of disappointment. Partially was my fault. I sort of expected a level of polish that I've become used to from WoW - which was sort of unrealistic for GW2 and a smaller budget game.

There were also a ton of things though they fucked up on a lot.

Mop. Nothing more disappointing than that entire expansion.
    MoP was good. Especially compared to WoD. At least you actually had things to do in the endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

I played it, was a major improvement to warcraft compared to Mop.
    Two raid tiers. Lacking world content. Dungeons became obsolete within months. Gutted professions. Ashran. Garrisons.

Just... no.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    MoP was good. Especially compared to WoD. At least you actually had things to do in the endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

Two raid tiers. Lacking world content. Dungeons became obsolete within months. Gutted professions. Ashran. Garrisons.

Just... no.
    Why is it so hard for WoD haters/circlejerkers to realize there are different opinions in the world? For me MOP was the worst that WOW was, ever. And I have played since Vanilla. I did not LOVE WoD but I liked it enough to play all through the expansion. It's not a discussion but opinion. So just leave people be if they voice their opinion, it is not relevant that yours differs, especially if yours the same as the rest of the MMO-champ former players troll brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    So yeah, I'd say Cataclysm and MoP were the ones that disappointed and WoD I knew it'd be shit (same as Legion).
    Legion isn't even out yet. Congrats on completely invalidating your counter argument with that last part.

I guess that Guild wars 2 and ESO were the most disappointing mmos I've ever tried. Guild wars feels like a generic fantasy MMO, the combat was boring and didn't live up to what people were hyping it to be (and still do). ESO on the other hand didn't feel interesting enough to me, and while I really liked a few quests, most of the time I was just thinking 'Why am I wasting my time with this game?'.
    Also any other non subscription based MMO has been a disappointment for me. In my opinion, what makes a good MMO has to do with the rewards, and what most MMOs do is lock the best looking gear/wings/mounts/housing stuff/cool shit in general/w.e you want to call it, behind a freaking cash shop while giving you shitty reskins most of the time through ingame means. The only MMOs I was really pleased to play (and sank months/years playing them) were WoW and FF XIV. WoW has been disappointing in the rewards department in WoD but it seems like that will change in Legion and while there are some neat stuff in FF XIV mog station shop, every fucking little thing in FF XIV that comes out looks fucking awesome, whether it is mounts, pets, armor, furnitures or anything pretty much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Elder Scrolls Online, so much potential, such a shitty game
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s