Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    22 here. I kinda know the feeling. To quote Karl Pilkington, "my mom always said I was an old baby".

People age, mentally, at different rates. I don't think it's anything to worry about. As long as you remember that you have many years to go. Feeling old in your early twenties is fine. Compared to 10 years ago, you are old. But being bitter about it is not.
    I don't think I have many years to go, no. I already resigned to death long ago and believe that I am only alive physically, but my soul long since expired. Every night before I sleep, I lament my life and what I could have done better if I was as self-aware as I am now as a teenager or kid. This all probably contributes to the sad tone I talk in if I do not keep to myself in person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I don't think I have many years to go, no. I already resigned to death long ago and believe that I am only alive physically, but my soul long since expired. Every night before I sleep, I lament my life and what I could have done better if I was as self-aware as I am now as a teenager or kid. This all probably contributes to the sad tone I talk in if I do not keep to myself in person.
    Right. So either you're trolling, in which case, good one mate. Otherwise, you sound depressed and I suggest you seek some help.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Yeah I'd see a doctor for depression.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Right. So either you're trolling, in which case, good one mate. Otherwise, you sound depressed and I suggest you seek some help.
    No, really. The only times I feel happy now is when I enjoy games, anime, and browsing funny websites (some 4chan boards, MMO C, reddit, Warcraft forums) on the internet. People claim escapism of that magnitude is dangerous, but I can't help myself since all I think about when released from my fantasies is how miserable I am for my age.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, really. The only times I feel happy now is when I enjoy games, anime, and browsing funny websites on the internet. People claim escapism of that magnitude is dangerous, but I can't help myself since all I think about when released from my fantasies is how miserable I am.
    Then you really should get some help.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Something relatives much older than me or closer friends express when I talk more naturally (not shitposting or rapidly tweeting on the internet): I sound like someone apparently far past my age. Ever since I reached 19 (now 21), I always thought life passed me by in a negative way and slipped into an initially deep depression that is relatively under control now. Despite that, in more personal conversations I can't help but telling people now I'm "old" in a somber way after my sentences. With this in mind I am a lot kinder now compared to my rowdy and brash self in younger years, but that's because I believe I should act appropriately for my age.

It's a feeling of anxiety exacerbated by my parents in their 50s repeatedly reminding me often (in a non-malicious way) that I "grew up too fast" or where their "baby went." Closer friends, however, think the way I think is preposterous but I've changed my genuine tune so much over the years I seem to treat these people similarly in their 20s as if they were children.

I'm not sure anymore about my identity, but I can only feel young when playing video games or browsing the fun parts of the internet. I figured I might as well ask what others think qualifies as growing up.
    Yeah, well, it's all well and good, but don't let it all go to your head. "Someone's been told too many times they're beyond their years" - as Josh Tillman put it - isn't the greatest impression to make ;]

We know nothing about your life. If you've been touched by some personal tragedy, lost a dear friend or close family, seen some upheaval in your life, war, disaster, struggled with disease or some other hard personal challenge - then yeah, chances are you *are* old beyond your 21 years. If not... that basically means your parents still haven't come to terms with the fact that you're no longer their widdle wubbly babie, and that you're quickly growing up to be an adult person. That's normal. But, like I said, don't let it go to your head.

Deleted
    I'm more than a decade older than you, and I just recently completely changed my life. I thought I was old at 32. I wasn't and life proved it to me. You have another 15 years ahead of you to find out who you are and what you want to do.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, really. The only times I feel happy now is when I enjoy games, anime, and browsing funny websites (some 4chan boards, MMO C, reddit, Warcraft forums) on the internet. People claim escapism of that magnitude is dangerous, but I can't help myself since all I think about when released from my fantasies is how miserable I am for my age.
    Then maybe put some of that time into improving your life? We all could use little breaks from reality. But you're not helping yourself by complaining about how miserable you are, yet still holding onto all of these things. Somethings gotta give.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Go join the military, get shot at, RPG'd, etc... After it's all over you will just realize you were bored before. Games, websites, this shit is boring time wasters. Go out and live life, fuck up and make mistakes. Part of me takes it personally when people talk as if their lives are over or they are a waste. If you are still breathing, you are still living and you can go out there and do something with it.

I'm not saying go skydive or some other boring bucket list item; go get a dog, take him out, go play pokemon go and find shit you don't know is in your neighborhood. Also make new friends, they are enabling you to become a stagnant lump.

Op, have you tried cheering up?
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2016-08-08 at 04:04 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something relatives much older than me or closer friends express when I talk more naturally (not shitposting or rapidly tweeting on the internet): I sound like someone apparently far past my age. Ever since I reached 19 (now 21), I always thought life passed me by in a negative way and slipped into an initially deep depression that is relatively under control now. Despite that, in more personal conversations I can't help but telling people now I'm "old" in a somber way after my sentences. With this in mind I am a lot kinder now compared to my rowdy and brash self in younger years, but that's because I believe I should act appropriately for my age.

It's a feeling of anxiety exacerbated by my parents in their 50s repeatedly reminding me often (in a non-malicious way) that I "grew up too fast" or where their "baby went." Closer friends, however, think the way I think is preposterous but I've changed my genuine tune so much over the years I seem to treat these people similarly in their 20s as if they were children.

I'm not sure anymore about my identity, but I can only feel young when playing video games or browsing the fun parts of the internet. I figured I might as well ask what others think qualifies as growing up.

You're not as old/mature as you seem to think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    You're not as old/mature as you seem to think you are.
    Probably not seeing how one half of my mind is set on acting like all hope is lost and the other refuses to grow up. I don't think I am "mature" and when I claim I talk to people I know like they're kids, I mean I can never get into popular social activities with my pessimistic, depressing nature.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    You are 21 and you think you are old? Are you kidding me? Let's talk in 13 years.
    You think 34 is old? Hell, 40 is pretty much middle age now, and with technology and medical advances going the way they are, people are going to be living to near 100 as a standard, not the exception. The current life expectancy is 78, which would put middle age at 39. That would put old age somewhere around 65+.

As for the OP, sounds like you've got some emotional issues going on that you should probably address, especially if these feelings are ongoing or have impacted you negatively.

You're as old as you feel mentally and physically. That's all there is to it.

Probably not seeing how one half of my mind is set on acting like all hope is lost and the other refuses to grow up. I don't think I am "mature" and when I claim I talk to people I know like they're kids, I mean I can never get into popular social activities with my pessimistic, depressing nature.
    How much land do you own?

Maturity is based on land ownership.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

The one and only advice you need, really: Get an appointment at the local psychiatrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    If you still think you should "act properly to your age" I wouldn't even consider you an adult.

You are 21 and you think you are old? Are you kidding me? Let's talk in 13 years.
    Fuck You!!! I'm 34 and living la vida loca :P

34 is so old OMG!
    said every 10 year old ever!

what? you are not a grand parent yet?