Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Nope, also they removed the ability of tanks to switch to no-aggro stance (warrior stances, monk stances, dk presences, pala righteous fury, they're gone and you're automatically in the tank stance as tank and dps stance as dps). But I guess in the end I will never know the answer to the original question since you dodge it in all possible manners.

Living proof that no matter how much Blizzard modifies tanking to please the casual crowd there's no pleasing some people will always refuse to perform any other role than "dps", so the queues will stay the way they are. Then I wonder why is Blizzard even trying.

1. Rain of fire is still there.

2. Blizzard was a filler and channelled at that, how is it better that you had to stand and channel it, now you can place it and throw other spells on top of it.

3. Hurricane sucked long time, another long channelled spell that prevented you from doing anything else. Starfall was always better option for aoe if you had it since they implemented it.

4. Enhancement never ever had Earthquake. It started as a top tier talent for elemental (and poor damage at that), until they actually made spell useful. Flame tongue is now a weapon buff. Chain lightning still exists as elemental, enhance has crashing lightning and few aoe talents in case they want more. Melee specs casting spells is weird anyway, giving them more melee oriented aoe with proper visuals is a great move from Blizzard instead of both specs sharing half the spells (like shocks and so on). Being a melee spec that can put totem and hit chain lightning both at long range is not exactly fair, same reason why ret paladins lost a lot of their range spells - want to play ranged, pick a ranged spec.

Chain heal exists for resto and that's where it belongs. Dps specs are not meant to be aoe healers, they can get some self heals that's it. I heard enhance self heal was really bad for pvp but they were buffing it recently. I don't pvp so I don't know if that fixed it or not.

What I see from the above post is a person who wanted to spam 1 button aoe even if that button was piss poor for years (blizzard, hurricane). There are way more efficient way to "kill demons" than stuff like hurricane that was obsolete for years due to poor damage.

If boomkins have a reason to cry is the starfall "nerf", you no longer can pull the whole dungeon with it, and that used to be the reason boomkins were insane farmers for old instances. However for current content it was more annoying than barrage, pull everything in range...

Mage / Rogue is always Blizzard's 2 favourite children. You want a safe bet good dps class, pick a Mage for ranged and Rogue for melee. Despite claims that hybrid tax has been removed, Bliizard will always tone down monks, dks, priests, shamans etc. so those "pure" classes can top dps meters.

Bullshit, plenty of guilds are recruiting warlocks by the sheer favour of them being ranged and you just can't find that many mages to fill all ranged slots with them even if you wanted. Demonic gateway is unique utility, for example many guilds on Tyrant relied on people gateway-ing the p3 edicts away, some guilds used gateway for Iskar chakrams or Killrogg heartseekers, I'm sure there will be uses of it in Legion raids too.

You could cry if you were let's say Survival Hunter (because who the hell has even left open melee spots, if there were any probably DH rerollers called dibs on them). Yes, Warlock dps is not great in Legion. It might be buffed (while hybrids like Ele shamans or WW monks nerfed), I'm sure they're gonna do tuning pass 1 month into the raid, it's gonna be HM all over again where they nerfed hybrids like monks and buffed pures (like Hunters back then).

I'm pretty sure a lot of guilds are in the same boat like mine "recruiting ranged dps for Legion". Melee is insta decline no matter the class or skill of the player - no spots. Ranged are up for consideration and we'll have at least 2 of each ranged class. Having too many of the same class that for example favours exactly the same trinket might be a problem in gearing up on progress.
    If unholy stays as strong as it is now, I think they will be a strong contender if for no other reason then they have fantastic DPS in both AoE and Singltarget set ups, not to mention they are more survivable than a lot of other melee dps.

Deleted
    My main peeve is the Death Knight ability Wraith Walk.

Visually you turn into a levitating ghost, though it doesn't stop you from taking falling damage.

Deleted
    -Artefacts.
    - Still 4 raiding tiers. the downfall of WoW
    - No Flying.
    - Pointless pve class changes that add no balance. They think the game will be funnier or something if they change some skill every expansion instead adding new one or rather let it be and focus on content (More raids? (no raid tiers)).

The biggest problem of WoW is lack of content. And legion will be the same. Leveling and first one maybe two months will be great. Then people realize its the same shit again. No content. And no multiple raiding tiers isnt additional content.
    Last edited by mmoc3f37de703d; 2016-08-08 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fck View Post
    -Artefacts.
    - Still 4 raiding tiers. the downfall of WoW
    - No Flying.
    - Pointless pve class changes that add no balance. They think the game will be funnier or something if they change some skill every expansion instead adding new one or rather let it be and focus on content (More raids? (no raid tiers)).

The biggest problem of WoW is lack of content. And legion will be the same. Leveling and first one maybe two months will be great. Then people realize its the same shit again. No content. And no multiple raiding tiers isnt additional content.
    You can fly in the game. What are you talking about there? You can fly in Legion, its called flight paths. You can fly in Legion willy nilly come mid-expansion.

I fail to see how this can even be an issue for anyone anymore.

My main problem is the artifacts. I think they are awesome additions but you get really pigeonholed into one spec. If that gets nerfed, you are kind of screwed. I also think it will be alt unfriendly because every moment on an alt is more time away from getting artifact power on your main.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The same as with all other games; the other people playing it.
    People, for the most part, suck.
    I gotta admit, this one is probably the one that I can agree with the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    T

Secondly, Demon Hunters. They've made the class so easy to play even an idiot can pick it up and succeed, I mean I shouldn't be surprised they've been catering to the lowest common denominator for years, this is just the icing on the cake. The class should of had a higher skill cap than it currently does to serve as a deterrent to the masses of people wanting to pick it up.
    and yet you know more then well that DH will be the most played class in legion because of how fun they are

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You can fly in the game. What are you talking about there? You can fly in Legion, its called flight paths. You can fly in Legion willy nilly come mid-expansion.

I fail to see how this can even be an issue for anyone anymore.
    ye just like how could camera distance be an issue eh ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Now, I am willing to change my mind. If, say, 4 months after launch, WoW demonstrates that they really have made things much better than WoD, I may very well come back. If, what I think is true, WoW demonstrates another mass exodus, then I will not be coming back until at least the next expansion where I will hold the same views.
    its highly unlickly sadly - what is more likely 4 months into expansion people will be bored to death with grinding of AP and doin 15 difficulties of the same dungeons (like really ? few years ago ghostcrawler was making jokes on sliders of difficulties well guess what did we get this time -_- ) i really dont get what they felt the need to put so many of those instead 3-4 but with high difficulty curve as alternative progression + 4 difficulties of the same raid.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-08-08 at 06:44 PM.

IMO, I think to me honestly the classes all feel way too boring now. I really enjoyed my hunter before pre-patch but literally every class I've tried so far just does not appeal to me anymore including my hunter. They are just way too boring. They may have simplified the classes a bit too much. Just will try havoc DH tomorrow and see if I get any spark of interest. Problem is that it's a poor way to judge a class that will miss 90% of its talents and no class will feel right until we all get our artifacts which every class is literally tuned for. That's my only issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The lack of Wrathion xD

And also, the sad continued bullshit from blizzard, about not removing LFR, reducing the number of raid difficulties and the lack of hard-modes.
    whats the real problem with lfr?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xetenor View Post
    IMO, I think to me honestly the classes all feel way too boring now. I really enjoyed my hunter before pre-patch but literally every class I've tried so far just does not appeal to me anymore including my hunter. They are just way too boring. They may have simplified the classes a bit too much. Just will try havoc DH tomorrow and see if I get any spark of interest. Problem is that it's a poor way to judge a class that will miss 90% of its talents and no class will feel right until we all get our artifacts which every class is literally tuned for. That's my only issue.
    you enjoyed wod hunter and not new classes? o.O lawls.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveilz View Post
    Problem: It's not live yet!
    This. This so much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    whats the real problem with lfr?

- - - Updated - - -

The real problem with LFR is that it reduces the achivement of raiding. Raiding is supposed to be a huge group activity, which reward you for communicating with other players and for making social relations. The reward for all this is content: The showing of dungeons beforehand impossible to see through alone. LFR completly removes this reward, allowing players to see the entirety of the raid without engaging in any form of social interaction.

LFR, together with the 3 other raid difficulties, are watering down the experience of a current raid. Raid environments are often very awesome, but they are only that for a limited time, dependent on how much time you use in the specific environment. Since LFR is an easy way to get items and legendary quest items, and since most players will play through it on their alts as well as their mains, the environment gets boring very quickly, maybe even before a player have completed the raid on their main on normal/heroic mode.

To be clear, i just don't think that LFR is healthy for the overall game, and if Blizzard could pull it back without looking weak, they should proberly do it just to make the game better.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

The real problem with LFR is that it reduces the achivement of raiding. Raiding is supposed to be a huge group activity, which reward you for communicating with other players and for making social relations. The reward for all this is content: The showing of dungeons beforehand impossible to see through alone. LFR completly removes this reward, allowing players to see the entirety of the raid without engaging in any form of social interaction.

LFR, together with the 3 other raid difficulties, are watering down the experience of a current raid. Raid environments are often very awesome, but they are only that for a limited time, dependent on how much time you use in the specific environment. Since LFR is an easy way to get items and legendary quest items, and since most players will play through it on their alts as well as their mains, the environment gets boring very quickly, maybe even before a player have completed the raid on their main on normal/heroic mode.

To be clear, i just don't think that LFR is healthy for the overall game, and if Blizzard could pull it back without looking weak, they should proberly do it just to make the game better.
    but... wtf?
    why would i join lfret?

Read what I typed. I tried the new classes and specs. o.O lawls

7+ Year Old Account
    but... wtf?
    why would i join lfret?
    Lfret? I don't really get what you are saying
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Xetenor View Post
    Read what I typed. I tried the new classes and specs. o.O lawls
    Thats what i mean, you liked WoD hunter, and now you feel all classes booring o.O Lawls (?)

- - - Updated - - -

Lfret? I don't really get what you are saying
    Anyways, why an not enjoyable difficulty would harm me or our raid enviroment? Just act like it doesnt exist.

undead still cant be paladins

Deleted
    Artefact weapons. Very "respec" and alt unfriendly. I like to play both my heal and dps spec. So now I have two spec, with the artefact it will be a spec and an off spec. I dont like it. I also have an alt that I love, with two spec, for now.... so with legion players will have to make choices, and if a change they dont like happen during the xpac, they are f.cked.

Since vanilla they made it easier for rerolling and respec'ing and I was happy with it (from one spec and a big cost to respec during vanilla, to the dual spec, account wide things etc). with that system, it's like a big step backward and I dont understand why. I think I get the problem they wanted to solve with this, but I dont like the solution if Im locked in one toon with one spec to be optimal.

Also if we have the mother of all weapons now, What's next?

Order hall. I'm worried about them. Need to see. But my main concern is the weapons.

Deleted
    Artifacts, easily. I wouldn't mind them at all if Artifact Power was character wide instead of bound to a specific artifact.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats what i mean, you liked WoD hunter, and now you feel all classes booring o.O Lawls (?)

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, why an not enjoyable difficulty would harm me or our raid enviroment? Just act like it doesnt exist.
    Its pretty hard to ignore it, when it gives such good rewards. Also, in WoW it is actually a part of the gearing process, since it gives better items then hc dungeons. If you are going to ignore LFR, you have to prepare yourself to be undergeared when you hit normal raiding. If i could go somewhere else for gear, which were on the same lvl or better then LFR, then i could accept it, but that has not been the case in WoD and MoP.

Hopefully, with the removal of the Legendary questline and with the addition of mythic dungeons from the very start of the expansion, LFR will no longer be a part of the gearing progression. If that happends, i would say, that the system is not complet toxic, but if there is any form of unique reward within the LFR system, then it is a bad system.

But there is also another thing with LFR and that is, that it is horrible version of real raiding, yet it is the raiding which most newbiees get to interact with first. LFR is a very wrong view point on how raiding is done, since the chaos and malice in LFR is nearly unique to that place. It is very bad advertisement for the primary focus of the entire game and pushes new players away from the format.

Its pretty hard to ignore it, when it gives such good rewards. Also, in WoW it is actually a part of the gearing process, since it gives better items then hc dungeons. If you are going to ignore LFR, you have to prepare yourself to be undergeared when you hit normal raiding. If i could go somewhere else for gear, which were on the same lvl or better then LFR, then i could accept it, but that has not been the case in WoD and MoP.

Hopefully, with the removal of the Legendary questline and with the addition of mythic dungeons from the very start of the expansion, LFR will no longer be a part of the gearing progression. If that happends, i would say, that the system is not complet toxic, but if there is any form of unique reward within the LFR system, then it is a bad system.

But there is also another thing with LFR and that is, that it is horrible version of real raiding, yet it is the raiding which most newbiees get to interact with first. LFR is a very wrong view point on how raiding is done, since the chaos and malice in LFR is nearly unique to that place. It is very bad advertisement for the primary focus of the entire game and pushes new players away from the format.
    i only can remember running HM with 630ilvl from hc dungeons ... tought lfr was released after,
    btw, mythic dungeons will do the nice thing there, i guess...