Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I rolled a hunter just to play survival and i love it. Who wouldnt want to get up close and personal and tear apart their enemy with their pet fighting right next to them.
    People who have been playing a Hunter for the last decade. And you helped proved the point I'm making, that the millions of people who already played Hunter didn't do so because they wanted to play Melee. You're someone who obviously enjoys melee, and had not previously played a Hunter, and rolled one just to play it as Melee. It's like all of a sudden asking Warlocks to heal, people don't play a Warlock because they enjoy healing, and people haven't been playing Hunter more than any other class in game because they prefer melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Search View Post
    You can never go wrong with MM. I play with the Lock and Load spec, sure it's a rare proc, but it out weights the need to stand and cast.
    Almost everyone does because it Sims highest. Even with the 4 piece granting instant Aimed Shots in the prepatch, the fact that the L&L proc makes the 2 shots not cost Focus easily puts it ahead of Black Arrow or True Aim.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2016-08-08 at 11:53 PM.

I haven't noticed that low of a proc rate with Lock and Load. It's extremely streaky to be sure but hell it's 8% chance so that's expected. What's really nice is when you get 2 procs in a row and only having to weave in either sidewinders or marked shot (if avail) to keep vulnerable up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    People who have been playing a Hunter for the last decade.
    Except for those of us who had fun in Vanilla trying to make melee hunter work. The notion that old players all dislike Survis mistaken. It may not be the preference of a majority, but there are plenty of us out there who are happy with the risk Blizz took with Surv. I'm looking forward to off-speccing it.

People who have been playing a Hunter for the last decade. And you helped proved the point I'm making, that the millions of people who already played Hunter didn't do so because they wanted to play Melee. You're someone who obviously enjoys melee, and had not previously played a Hunter, and rolled one just to play it as Melee. It's like all of a sudden asking Warlocks to heal, people don't play a Warlock because they enjoy healing, and people haven't been playing Hunter more than any other class in game because they prefer melee.

Almost everyone does because it Sims highest. Even with the 4 piece granting instant Aimed Shots in the prepatch, the fact that the L&L proc makes the 2 shots not cost Focus easily puts it ahead of Black Arrow or True Aim.
    I played hunter back in BC for a short time as melee. Then i quit because i knew the class was ment to be ranged so i never even leveled it all the way to 70.

Just because people have been playing hunter for 10 years does not mean people started playing hunter and quit because they didnt have a melee option. Also i dont enjoy melee. I like ranged classes better. But i also like class fantasy. The only reason i play Frost DK is because I find duel wielding 2 frost imbued weapons to be the most awesome thing ever. I never touched unholy or blood throughout their existence. The same with survival. I really wish they made beast mastery the melee spec for this reason. I like the idea of being up close and personal with your pet dealing damage and going wild. I felt BM would fit better but ill take survival.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    The only reason i play Frost DK is because I find duel wielding 2 frost imbued weapons to be the most awesome thing ever. I never touched unholy or blood throughout their existence.
    Haha, funny. I stopped playing my Frost DK when it became clear it was going to become "the dual wield spec". I had been very happy with a two-handed rune sword until then. Hunter was going to be my main way back in vanilla, but male night elves can't hold their bows correctly, so I switched to priest. In our raid there was a huntress who flat out refused to play with a pet (IIRC it was worth ~10-20% damage back then for MM?) because it didn't fit her class fantasy. Yeah, it's the little things that count. I know people who are used to playing melee rangers in Dungeons & Dragons who'd be happy with the current Survival.

I'm very glad for the spec diversity and think Legion's focus on class fantasy is the best thing that's happened to the game in a long time.

My hunter is a very low priority alt for me, in WOD I only played him to do Challenge modes and farm transmog. So for someone who very casually plays Hunter I will go MM. Seems to be the most convenient spec for farming old raids. Also the Sylvanis model for the bow is hella siiiiiiiik.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Pandalishus View Post
    Except for those of us who had fun in Vanilla trying to make melee hunter work. The notion that old players all dislike Survis mistaken. It may not be the preference of a majority, but there are plenty of us out there who are happy with the risk Blizz took with Surv. I'm looking forward to off-speccing it.
    No, I'm not mistaken. You and Zeek did nothing but validate what I said, that people who have been playing Hunter haven't been doing so because they wanted to play melee. I'm not talking about the random exception that liked melee Hunter that are going to try it again. They are not the same millions people who have been maining Hunters all these years because they hate melee. Will some people who prefer melee try it out, yes. Will some people who liked the old melee Hunter switch back and try it out again, sure.

But if Surv at any time pulls significantly ahead of BM or MM, Hunters playing their ranged class can all of a sudden find themselves either forced to play melee or find themselves without a raid spot. Raids almost always favor ranged too, so the fewer spots that go to melee all of a sudden have even more competition to deal with getting a spot with both Demon Hunters and regular Hunters playing melee.

Survival feels like real hunter with harpoon and chains to get close to really big pray (like giant or dragon).Do not need arrows to shoot rabbits. We are not some pesky archers we are HUNTERS! From all specs survival is most fluid.Thank you blizzard. Will main it/
    My 2c.

No, I'm not mistaken. You and Zeek did nothing but validate what I said, that people who have been playing Hunter haven't been doing so because they wanted to play melee. I'm not talking about the random exception that liked melee Hunter that are going to try it again. They are not the same millions people who have been maining Hunters all these years because they hate melee. Will some people who prefer melee try it out, yes. Will some people who liked the old melee Hunter switch back and try it out again, sure.

But if Surv at any time pulls significantly ahead of BM or MM, Hunters playing their ranged class can all of a sudden find themselves either forced to play melee or find themselves without a raid spot. Raids almost always favor ranged too, so the fewer spots that go to melee all of a sudden have even more competition to deal with getting a spot with both Demon Hunters and regular Hunters playing melee.
    lol stop acting as if you speak for every hunter player

The only thing wrong (in my opinion) with surv is they played it safe and didn't go further differentiate it into a full engineer style melee hunter or make the pet a bigger part fighting side by side. There are plenty of people (myself included) who really enjoy the spec and frankly dont give a crap about people who might have a sook if surv is beating mm/bm on precious recount
    Last edited by Morg; 2016-08-09 at 10:07 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I've been playing MM on Beta and I have to say I'm finding it very enjoyable and this is without sidewinders as I absolutely hate that skill personally, The Bow is absolutely beautiful and I tweaked my talents so IU have a build I am happy with and feels very ranger like for me it's a great spec and I get lost playing it for hours when I only intend to play for an hour or so.
    Can you possibly post what talents you've taken? Or maybe a link to a talent calculator with your talents?

I would go Marksman if only for the variety of rotations. There are several talents you can pick to wildly vary your rotation, so if you get bored it's easy to change it up without losing artifact progress. Plus you can even go Lone Wolf and avoid those pesky animals.