Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    This is a large exaggeration of the effect they'll have. Legendaries will certainly make an important difference in Mythic/Mythic+, but before then they're far from necessary. "Might as well quit the game" is just insane.
    Yes, of course it is but at the same time, missing out on these items means you'll be way behind other players even though you might very well have put more time into the game.

RNG has always been a thing in WoW but it's been taken to the extreme in this expantion.
    You're either lucky or you'll do poor DPS. I don't see the fun here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes, of course it is but at the same time, missing out on these items means you'll be way behind other players even though you might very well have put more time into the game.

RNG has always been a thing in WoW but it's been taken to the extreme in this expantion.
    You're either lucky or you'll do poor DPS. I don't see the fun here.
    There's a real argument to be had that it isn't a "fun" system, absolutely, but to say you'll be "doing poor DPS" simply isn't true. Certain legendaries give a decent edge, but it's nothing player skill can't overcome, and doesn't make a significant difference unless you're at high levels of play.

On top of that, there is a system in place that makes you more likely to find them the longer you go without a drop. This'll be fine-tuned, and the especially unlucky can go a fair while without one, but it's simply not a real issue.

I agree that it might not be the most fun system in the world, but the worries about balance are just exaggerations and mindless worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    There's a real argument to be had that it isn't a "fun" system, absolutely, but to say you'll be "doing poor DPS" simply isn't true. Certain legendaries give a decent edge, but it's nothing player skill can't overcome, and doesn't make a significant difference unless you're at high levels of play.

On top of that, there is a system in place that makes you more likely to find them the longer you go without a drop. This'll be fine-tuned, and the especially unlucky can go a fair while without one, but it's simply not a real issue.

I agree that it might not be the most fun system in the world, but the worries about balance are just exaggerations and mindless worries.
    Yeah, that silly system brings out the worst in me, sorry.

In any case, this system that is supposed the make sure you get one has not kicked in for me on beta at least so people can expect that wait quite a while for them. Theres also the fact that some of the are really, really strong while others are just not worth using so you might just get one of thoes bad ones and end up even further behind.

I really think that Legion would have been a better expantion without these legendaries. Much better.

Did it really have to have a chance to drop from LFR? Jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    Legiondaries aren't really something you plan around getting or go out of your way to get. Legiondaries are just if you get one awesome, if you don't its not like you can know how to farm a specific one yet. What proof do you have that they cannot drop off any mob out in the world? Blizzard has said that they can drop from literally anything that gives loot, even mining and herb nodes.

What is going to suck though, is getting a legendary you don't want. Like the one that gives you 50% increased damage on a mob above 90% hp. That legendary is useless for 90% of each fight.
    https://youtu.be/pIvdqzYo08A?t=614
    Last edited by PBitt; 2016-08-09 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Did it really have to have a chance to drop from LFR? Jesus...
    Yes and get over it.

The legendary's can drop from dam near all content in the game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I wouldn't mind it, but Arcane's leggings legendary that returns 16% maximum mana on casting 4 charge Arcane Barrage is idiotically powerful. There's going to be a sizeable DPS difference between those who have it and those who don't, by virtue of enabling more burns between Evocation casts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    • LFR Bosses
    Oh, here it comes...
    Here comes what? Legendaries coming from world bosses is worse.

Not to say that either are bad, but if people are going to complain about something, it should be about world bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Yeah they were easy to achieve, I just walked up to the Legendary Flaskatuar and paid gold for them, yesterday.

Of course I know my luck with drops I will NEVER see a single Legendary until the next expansion if I'm still around then.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Having played on the beta the last few months, I have noticed that the Legion Legendaries aren't that tedious to acquire which is something we once thought would happen.

They currently have a bad luck protection streak, meaning the people i have played with have almost all gotten a legendary over a few weeks period of semi casual play.
    There's no bad luck protection. Case in point - I'm extremely casual on the beta and have 2 legendaries. When I'm online I usually play with a friend who has more /played in a day than I have in a week. He started beta long before me. Clears all WQs daily, does tons of world bosses, heroics/mythics and so far ha has a grand total of zero legendaries. This is over the course of 3+ months

So tedious? No. Entirely luck based? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Not so much a Raid Lockout, but more a Loot Lockout.
    Therefore if you have friends willing to help you out in a format, then you should still be able to play another format without issue.
    If anything I would like a prompt upon entering a raid whether you want loot or not.
    So you can do them in any order you wish, but not receive loot from multiple.
    It would need to prompt you each time you enter. What happens if you decide to get loot, don't kill any bosses, are you locked to that difficulty? If you did 5/10 on heroic, can you get the last 5 in LFR or are you stuck on heroic?

Lots of things to consider. Not a terribly idea, but needs to considered carefully on the method used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    • LFR Bosses
    Oh, here it comes...
    Just when you think Blizzard has suspended the retardation a little bit...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Just when you think Blizzard has suspended the retardation a little bit...
    I'd say anyone that is actually annoyed that they are in LFR needs to be the one to suspend it a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I'd say anyone that is actually annoyed that they are in LFR needs to be the one to suspend it a bit.
    I don't care if LFR exists. If people want to knock over a target dummy with a raid boss skin that's fine and dandy. I simply don't want any reason as progression raider to EVER set foot in there. I want to be able to treat it like pet battles where I can completely ignore it and not hurt my progression.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL at the mythic raiders complaining about LFR, as if people who run content they don't are beneath them in skill.
    How about we bring back limited attempts on bosses like in ICC? After all, Mythic raiders are all about "skill", not throwing yourself at the boss untill it dies.
    Make Mythic raids have set stats like PvP? After all, Mythic is all about "skill not gear"

If you're in the type of guild where running LFR for legendaries is required then you knew what you were signing up for. That kind guild is guaranteed to make you do things you don't want to do.

If you don't like playing a game that way then don't.

Deleted
    I am glad that random world mobs are excempt from dropping legendaries. This would be too much - like, why should a random boar drop a legendary?

Besides that - why complaning about LFR? If you don't like it, then do a 5 man dungeon instead. And after all, LFR should be easy and fast if you are that skilled. Definitively better than grinding random mobs out there.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I don't care if LFR exists. If people want to knock over a target dummy with a raid boss skin that's fine and dandy. I simply don't want any reason as progression raider to EVER set foot in there. I want to be able to treat it like pet battles where I can completely ignore it and not hurt my progression.
    Legendaries aren't usable in Mythic Raids. Thus as a "progression" raider if you were any good of a player you wouldn't need the legendaries anyway.

Legendaries aren't usable in Mythic Raids. Thus as a "progression" raider if you were any good of a player you wouldn't need the legendaries anyway.
    Source? At one point blizzard said that they were going to be disabled for Mythic raids just for the first week. Then they openly took that back and said they'd be active from the start.

They changed it ages ago. Legendaries work in Mythic raids, not to mention the ilvl boost that was always a factor.