Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnifer View Post
    Where can I find this super high APM build? Rotation/talents, etc? I can't seem to find it in the main arms thread, but I probably missed it since that thread is very very large. Would someone be able to help me out with that? I quit in WoD about 3 weeks into HFC and am planning on coming back in Legion. I just relearned the new fury rotation, and the regular, non-apm arms rotation seems pretty straightforward. My gear is shit, however, so Fury is currently out-dpsing arms for me 99% of the time so I'm curious how the high APM build performs.
    Talents: http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#EttF
    Arms can't beat fury in prepatch whatever the build. Arms only get relevant with artifact weapon and major traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Soapnrope View Post
    Talents: http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#EttF
    Arms can't beat fury in prepatch whatever the build. Arms only get relevant with artifact weapon and major traits.
    Excellent, thank you! Then I guess I'll wait until the official launch before worrying about Arms. The Artifact weapon for Arms just looks waaaaay cooler than Fury and is making me want to focus on arms in Legion =P. What are the chances that the high APM build gets changed in any way before launch? It seems to be that from WoD, Fury and Arms have kinda flip flopped in their APM's and styles for Legion. Is that an accurate way to view it? I definitely find both specs more enjoyable than WoD's as far as rotations are concerned, but I haven't tried out the high-APM arms build yet.

the high-apm arms build will get "fixed" (meaning hamstring spam will not be a thing come emerald nightmare release).

no official statement about it yet, but i assure you its not going to stay.

for the artifact design: to each their own i guess ... i hate the arms weapon as it looks like some trash weapon from throne of thunder... too much troll-theme and it doesnt even look special... just a generic thing that doesnt fit to any of our sets.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    @volgon
    Just like Heroic Strike before, Focused Rage needs to be bound to the mouse, so you can just smash it (during battlecry) while performing your usual rotation keyboardbinds. Very much similar to MOP Fury gameplay. This way it´s really not impossible to pull off. However, spaming harmstring manually aswell, is pretty tough and feels stupid. I hope they fix it and don´t tune Arms around it.

I really like the fast paced FR rotation, it feels pretty rewarding having Rage Management off the GCD. It will also be great on any fights with low amount of Boss uptime. The only downside to it, you cannot have in for the kill to make the execute phase fun.
    Can´t you just macro it to every single ability except MS?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    Can´t you just macro it to every single ability except MS?
    That'd use up a lot of extra rage outside the Battle Cry+Deadly Calm window where you actually want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    That'd use up a lot of extra rage outside the Battle Cry+Deadly Calm window where you actually want to use it.
    So just make it a macro that is used within the window specifically and use regular keybinds outside of it?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnifer View Post
    So just make it a macro that is used within the window specifically and use regular keybinds outside of it?
    You want to use it on basically every available opportunity, so you'd have to macro it onto lots of skills which would really bloat up the bars. It's probably better to just put Hamstring on its own bind that is more easily usable while you hit the other skills.

I use a Razer nostromo, and I can move around with the thumb stick, so all of my fingers are free to press buttons at the same time. You could otherwise use a mouse button or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    You want to use it on basically every available opportunity, so you'd have to macro it onto lots of skills which would really bloat up the bars. It's probably better to just put Hamstring on its own bind that is more easily usable while you hit the other skills.

I use a Razer nostromo, and I can move around with the thumb stick, so all of my fingers are free to press buttons at the same time. You could otherwise use a mouse button or something like that.
    Or just have two binds, one for FR and one for FR + Hamstring which you only press during BC, you will only hit it a few times in total each BC anyway as it only lasts 5 seconds

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    Or just have two binds, one for FR and one for FR + Hamstring which you only press during BC, you will only hit it a few times in total each BC anyway as it only lasts 5 seconds
    Yeah, I like this better actually. Nice.

or you know, just dont get used to a mechanic that will get fixed anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    the high-apm arms build will get "fixed" (meaning hamstring spam will not be a thing come emerald nightmare release).

no official statement about it yet, but i assure you its not going to stay.
    Yes, please, yes

The only thing I hope is that they don't just remove this mechanic entirely, and give Arms something to compensate. But I know it's not gonna happen.

Deleted
    All those slam hotfixes are just useless, the biggest issue with it is that its ragecost is lower than the ragecost of WW. This means less Battle Cry uptime, less CS uptime and more GCDs needed. They should just normalize the ragecost for both WW and Slam and make Slam hit 15-20% harder on single target without fervor.

How about the best way to spend fury artifact ?

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    All those slam hotfixes are just useless, the biggest issue with it is that its ragecost is lower than the ragecost of WW. This means less Battle Cry uptime, less CS uptime and more GCDs needed. They should just normalize the ragecost for both WW and Slam and make Slam hit 15-20% harder on single target without fervor.
    It's not useless at all. The rage cost may be lower, but Arms doesn't have infinite rage either. So while each individual use may have less of a chance to proc, you get more uses and by extension more chances to proc overall.