Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that my tank pet can't hold more than 1-2 mobs at a time bugs me.

Titan forging. I'm sick of this rng bullshit with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sio View Post
    My biggest problem: master loot requiring 80% guild members. Goodbye cross realm/guild raid teams. Unless I want to pay for a server transfer.
    I see people who still raid casual content (read: non mythic as it won't be cross realm enabled) don't trust their raiders enough to leave the loot on need before greed and still have desires to use ML to gear their buddy, gf and cousin first.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Most of the normal guilds out there don't clear normal very quickly, so LFR will often catch up to them. Gear is also not gained that fast, so even after LFR opens, many people are still not even close to being geared from normal. Also Baleful gear is stronger then normal, but it takes a large amount of time to get the upgrade, and again, it took quite some time to get a full set. For quite some time, LFR still give upgrades to many normal-dif players. So just because it opens after normal has opened, does not make it useless, far from

What do you mean with the 1 step backwards? Have not heard much Legion LFR.
    I mean bringing back tier in LFR, 1 step back from making it utter rubbish, but still dungeons are gonna give better gear than lfr so it won't be that great for catch up gear as it was in mop.

So now we're talking about guilds for whom normal is the primary aim and progress goal? You mean guilds that never move into heroic not mentioning mythic? I don't think those guilds care about "optimizing gear" in any form or manner, aren't their mostly "friend & family" guilds for fun? Because if they're serious, they're not gonna stay up long, I've seen that, soon people will say "fuck this guild, I killed more bosses with a pug" and leave. Unless they're as I said not progress oriented but "play with friends" oriented and completely casual.

Why would casual guilds need to optimize loot gains? Why would they need to use ML instead of PL? You people baffle me, a guild raiding normal is not a guild that will ever raid mythic or even has aspirations to. I raided in casual guilds at the start of HFC, I raided BRF with cross realm open raid group that had aim to go to normal and have fun (they used personal loot). These guilds have tremendous roster instability (because people "have a life" and don't show half the time) and little care for people performance (won't kick or scrutinize even unrepentant failers or people who perma "lag", because they're "friends").

Next thing I'm gonna hear that people class stack, do split runs and care about BIS racials in normal raiding... I've seen people who "forgot" to enchant their weapon upgrade for a month, people who never bought augment runes, who didn't bother farming valor, didn't prioritize their bonus coins only used them randomly, and you're telling me they will feel they need to run lfr because they have to optimize amount of gear received per week?

And a person who raids mythic or has aspirations to will soon clear normal and start heroic at least the early bosses, for them the extra 3 low drop chance bosses in lfr for the first 3 weeks won't help much. Later on when lfr fully unlocks (takes like 2 months) they might target 1 specific boss that drops their elusive missing 4 set piece. I don't think mass lfr farming will be in order, defo not like first 2 weeks when valor was added. Emerald Nightmare trinkets aren't even that good (less worth than mythic dungeon ones) so there won't be a case like immerseus lfr trinket being bis if you don't have the same item of different difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Titan forging. I'm sick of this rng bullshit with gear.
    exactly this... if it at least wouldnt impact mythic raiding so that we could keep ONE stable part of gaming but no, gotta go full D3-rng

It's not out yet. I will be playing. I don't feed into hate mongering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    10 dungeons at launch, 2 pretty large raids, 1 "mega" dungeon planned on the first patch, mythic+ in at launch, 1000+ world quests in at launch, gear being + meaning virtually endless gear progression for the most casual scrubs, artifact progression for 35 unique specs, profession revamp....

Yeah that's more than enough to keep occupied for many many months.

Almost don't even need patch content
    Ur forgetting most of the whiners only do one thing and then complain they dont want to do the rest and all the content isnt focused on their special snowflake needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Yup. Fool me once, Blizzard, shame on me. Fool me twice? Nice try.
    Why do you need no clip mode to play a MMO? Do you map hack and speed hack in other games too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Read the threads in the PVP forum, it's explained plenty there.

In a nutshell:

We get ilvl scaling but lose ilvl boost / cap, the net effect is that the power difference from gear is about the same as it has always been, all their posturing about just 10% difference between top and bottom nonwithstanding (it was about 10% in PVP scenarios for two addons already due to the mentioned ilvl boost / cap, honor vs conquest - getting honor takes several evenings). However, unlike before, we also get power difference from different levels of artifact (easily hits 15% of power increase) and PVP talents (another 10-15% and specs are wildly uneven in that some basically require the very last talent - example: Unholy). And since we no longer have conquest, the only way to improve gear for 99% of PVPers is to raid (the remaining 1% can try getting some pieces from PVP, although even then they'd have to raid - no, 1% can not be increased, that's how PVP ratings work, when you climb up, someone is going down).

So, in MoP / WoD: the only power difference is gear, you were closing it by PVPing, even playing only for cap you were closing it completely to 0% difference between you and the absolute highest power level possible by mid-season, the second half of the season not a single player had more power than you.

But in Legion: the power difference is gear (same ~10% as before) plus artifacts plus PVP talents, in order to close the gear gap you have to raid and unless you are doing mythic and are getting lucky with +ilvl modifiers, you can not close it ever. Realistically, if you are doing normal / heroic raids, the difference between you and mythic players will be about 2-3% just from gear before we factor in the artifact. And if you don't want to raid in order to gear for PVP, god bless you, the best gear you will have is LFR, about 7% difference before the artifact (I am assuming all your PVP talents are maxed).

I know the blues are masters at making misleading statements, but in reality it gets seriously worse instead of better. Go read the PVP forums for tons of detail.

And regarding the balance... here you go:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ziqoftw/Inex...ngrayOMGScoots
    This is just flat out wrong. Gear mattered more than anything in wod pvp and make it a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Why do you need no clip mode to play a MMO? Do you map hack and speed hack in other games too?
    I enjoy flying. I enjoy flying mounts. I know that enjoying things you don't is a crazy concept and all, but try to work with me here.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    my biggest problem is that I am not playing it yet :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is going to be the first expansion after the last 3 that's going to keep the sub numbers high throughout and deliver great PvP experience by being balanced as much as possible.

After 2-3 weeks of researching and asking people why Legion would suck so much, that's my conclusion.

I still haven't bought it. But will do so 2-3 months after launch if what I say is true.

Honestly the biggest and only problem I really see is no flying at max level. As a PVE only player this just seems targeted at us, and prevents me from wanting to get out into the world, as I don't like training mobs to go see whats up with that mountain over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Blizzard are currently making a gap between skillfull casuals, and skillfull hardcores, because, lets be honest here, you don't need skill to go up into raiding, just basic knowledge, casual players are currently blocked by this huge wall, this wall is called the time sink wall, which is NOT what the casuals want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a problem as such. More of a "waiting on reviews", as i'm not gonna fall on the hype train like i mistakenly did with WoD.

Flight gated like in WoD

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The class changes. They do so many to make the game feel "new and refreshed". Its the same game, you gave me different tools and now I dont enjoy my class as much as I use too.

I really dont understand why they force a complete change up of so many classes when people may have enjoyed a previous version. If they even cared, why not just ask what people like and dislike about their class (not all classes). I started playing my pally in TBC, enjoyed some of the changes, they made it easy at times, and now it just doesnt flow as Ret. But I want Ashbringer, so I continue to play though its not as enjoyable.

"Not enough buffs, have to bring specific classes" - gives everyone buffs; "Everyone has buffs" - removes and gives to specifics
    Black Dragonflight: Kalel (Paladin), Ramage (Death Knight), Liquidc (Warrior), Aerynsùn (Monk), Nahdar (Shaman), Tokare (Druid), Jenista (Priest), Anabolix (Rogue), Findecano (Hunter), Lohra (Mage), Luminya (Warlock)

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The real problem with LFR is that it reduces the achivement of raiding. Raiding is supposed to be a huge group activity, which reward you for communicating with other players and for making social relations. The reward for all this is content: The showing of dungeons beforehand impossible to see through alone. LFR completly removes this reward, allowing players to see the entirety of the raid without engaging in any form of social interaction.

LFR, together with the 3 other raid difficulties, are watering down the experience of a current raid. Raid environments are often very awesome, but they are only that for a limited time, dependent on how much time you use in the specific environment. Since LFR is an easy way to get items and legendary quest items, and since most players will play through it on their alts as well as their mains, the environment gets boring very quickly, maybe even before a player have completed the raid on their main on normal/heroic mode.

To be clear, i just don't think that LFR is healthy for the overall game, and if Blizzard could pull it back without looking weak, they should proberly do it just to make the game better.
    What if you are a casual player? You dont have the time to look for a guild, spend 3 hours of raiding every day, etc. LFR has given casual players a lot, thanks to it we can see raids, bosses and a bit of lore, Is it shitty? Yeah, but for people who does not have enough time to play it is heaven.

Deleted
    Artifact power & titanforged.
    I am a fan of doing something with the aim of ending it. These additional RNG / progression mechanics they insert since MoP (upgrading gear, cloak...) are not fun content to me. It's kinda sad that Dragon Soul is the last tier of the game that really was for me in terms of character progression and how rewards/content attributed to it..

I have not played it yet so I don't really know, but from what I can see my only beef is I was expecting more class flavor things. What I mean is when they announced DH would get double jump and glide I figured they would give the other classes some super low impact uniqueness stuff like that as well. I also wish they would do a stat squish every expac but this is of the lowest importance.

Did this game really need four more melee specs? Why on earth did they see fit to add another melee class and turn a hunter spec melee?

I'm also highly suspicious of the pvp changes.

My biggest problem with Legion is it not being out yet!!!

I think my new biggest problem is needing to quest. I'm not much of a quester. I don't like people telling me what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================