Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there's actually fairly large differences in strokes, and then longer distances suit different people. So to be dominant requires being stupidly well rounded.

Same with gymnastics and track. There's pretty large differences and strategies between events.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    And King with the gold in 100 breaststroke. Take that dirty Efimova *wags finger*
    I was so glad that "dirty" Russian didn't win!

I'm actually having a blast watching these games. I can't turn em off!
    Last edited by Reefguy88; 2016-08-09 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of annoyed at the coverage here on the West Coast. We don't get a lot of the events live, tonight's swimming events for instance.

I wasn't sure what time the swim final coverage would be televised so I Googled it, it said 8PM eastern on NBC. Cool, that's 5PM Pacific. Tuned into NBC at 5 and saw the local news on, checked literally every other channel showing the Olympics (even the Olympic "megachannel" that has like an 8-way split-screen of every event) and no swim finals.

Found out on Twitter that Lilly King won around 7 P.M. At this time there was still local news on NBC. Finally at 8 P.M., Olympic swim coverage started on my NBC channel. And it wasn't until close to 10 P.M. Pacific that I was actually able to watch Lilly win. Three hours after it actually happened and after I already found out (inadvertently and accidentally) via social media.

Am I doing this wrong? Is there a live feed online that I'm supposed to be watching somewhere and/or a good reason why I wasn't able to watch it live on my own television? I'm reading the comments on NBC's social media and it looks like there are a lot of other people also complaining that the West Coast didn't have live coverage. I really want there to be a good reason for this because it just seems stupid to me.

Deleted
    Watching women's rugby.
    Know what would make this sport instantly win?
    Bikini's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Watching women's rugby.
    Bikini's.
    Nah, the devil's always watching. Burkas!!

Seriously though, you have lingerie football or whatever the fuck that aberration is called.

Kinda slow here. (Aussie here) Mack Horton won gold medal, good on him! But reading all the tweets and media about his comment to Sun Yang, I don't feel like cheering for him. Looking at both sides, I rather stay neutral and just watch other Australian Olympic athletes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Watching women's rugby.
    Bikini's.
    They should play nude. Bikini's are so 1900's.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Kind of annoyed at the coverage here on the West Coast. We don't get a lot of the events live, tonight's swimming events for instance.

I wasn't sure what time the swim final coverage would be televised so I Googled it, it said 8PM eastern on NBC. Cool, that's 5PM Pacific. Tuned into NBC at 5 and saw the local news on, checked literally every other channel showing the Olympics (even the Olympic "megachannel" that has like an 8-way split-screen of every event) and no swim finals.

Found out on Twitter that Lilly King won around 7 P.M. At this time there was still local news on NBC. Finally at 8 P.M., Olympic swim coverage started on my NBC channel. And it wasn't until close to 10 P.M. Pacific that I was actually able to watch Lilly win. Three hours after it actually happened and after I already found out (inadvertently and accidentally) via social media.

Am I doing this wrong? Is there a live feed online that I'm supposed to be watching somewhere and/or a good reason why I wasn't able to watch it live on my own television? I'm reading the comments on NBC's social media and it looks like there are a lot of other people also complaining that the West Coast didn't have live coverage. I really want there to be a good reason for this because it just seems stupid to me.
    Probably not wanting to "ruin" people's "news routine"
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Watching gymnastics now.
    The Americans are simply a step above everyone else. What a pleasure to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

This last floor routine by Raisman left me speechless. Perfection.

- - - Updated - - -

And Simone Biles just upstaged everyone. Wow.

gymnastic athletes are superhumans, amazing job by US girls

our girls (RU) got silver, im happy and proud

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Congrats to the US women's gymnastics team on gold! Can't wait to watch it on tape delay this evening...
    Simply a step above everyone else. Russia was also great, but the US team was just mindblowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't watched it ye, cant wait! From what I saw of the qualifiers, we're amazing.

Its also one of my favorite events of the entire olympics

Deleted
    The handball was fantastic today I have to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ledecky gold for 200 freestyle! Wooo!

And could set see the stroke difference between her and everyone else

Another gold for Phelps damn

10+ Year Old Account
    An le Clous didn't medal!

Go Phelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Insanely close margin of victory on that one. Some exciting swimming going on.
    Yep, I don't follow swimming at all but tuned in and it was really exciting to watch. Going to watch the 4x200m too

10+ Year Old Account
    Sheesh, US about 2 sec ahead of GB and Japan in 4 X 200m free. Domination

At what time do they plan on dumping Roger Rabbit into the diving pool to dissolve him??
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Also if equestrian is going to be sticking around in the 21st century, I vote go karting and Formula 1 (or shit tier NASCAR) should be an olympic event...

Olympics is for people, not horses. Bah!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.