Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Horde get two cinematics Alliance gets one yeah no favortism there at all.

You never saw Varian'so corpse. My money is that he's been transformed into something by Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Horde get two cinematics Alliance gets one yeah no favortism there at all.
    To be fair, the Horde Broken Shore cinematic is about 80% just the Alliance one, so it balances out.

Quote Originally Posted by Oschpister View Post
    The same Garrosh who got his ass whooped by green jesus, which seems to have been easily beaten by the Legion? Yeah, right
    Ironically Thrall only lost on the Broken Isles because he killed Garrosh with the help of the Elements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    Ironically Thrall only lost on the Broken Isles because he killed Garrosh with the help of the Elements.
    Even the useless elements wouldn't have changed much. Similar to Tirions light would save him too right.

Void > Fel > All the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Vol'jin. Died before he could really prove himself. Well he wouldnt be the first revolutionary that died not long after succeeding. That really sucks they have left us with a new troll lore figure. Sure they will make one eventually to lead the darkspear trolls

And oh god Varian. What a way to die " death by literal explosion"

so horde became pussies.. so much about their honor

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like that new felreaver.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    As a Horde player, I'm quite jealous that the Alliance cinematic is so amazing. The Horde looked so weak.
    Be glad you got a second cinematic to show Sylvanas take control. Alliance got a single block of text in a standard quest log to show the ascension of Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Be glad you got a second cinematic to show Sylvanas take control. Alliance got a single block of text in a standard quest log to show the ascension of Anduin.
    There might be another one to come. Varian's memorial isn't in the park yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ELYPOP View Post
    Is there no second Alliance cinematic (with stuff like Varian's funeral, Anduin getting the letter and becoming the new King, etc)?
    You, the player, hand the letter to Anduin.. It's one of the early quests

These are some glorious cinematics...

While the Alliance couldn't know the extent of what the Horde was facing, the horn at least made them aware that the Horde was retreating and as such they began their retreat as well...

Which would have gone relatively well as well had it not been for the "holy fuck that's huge" reaver looking thing that no one probably saw coming, which led to Varian making the call to leap back into the fray knowing what it would mean.

Of course, Genn does place the blame on Sylvanas' shoulders, and given his history with her that makes sense...and also given that the two factions aren't given to sitting down and having a debriefing over what happened, Genn isn't going to have the full picture (nor will Jaina).

Really well done on both sides, in my opinion, in a way that adds nuance to the tension and conflict between the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    While the Alliance couldn't know the extent of what the Horde was facing, the horn at least made them aware that the Horde was retreating and as such they began their retreat as well...

Which would have gone relatively well as well had it not been for the "holy fuck that's huge" reaver looking thing that no one probably saw coming, which led to Varian making the call to leap back into the fray knowing what it would mean.

Of course, Genn does place the blame on Sylvanas' shoulders, and given his history with her that makes sense...and also given that the two factions aren't given to sitting down and having a debriefing over what happened, Genn isn't going to have the full picture (nor will Jaina).

Really well done on both sides, in my opinion, in a way that adds nuance to the tension and conflict between the factions.
    Agreed. I think they did a fairly good job of showing the horde in a dire situation, though I feel it focused too much on the leaders being wounded - it could have shown a bit more pressure than pain IMO. All in all, both were fantastically well done, and that fel reaver thing was terrifying.

I think they did a good job internalizing Sylvannas' position after Vol'Jin, and added a fair bit of depth in her silent reflection. She can't just worry about the forsaken anymore, and I think that really hit her. Her problems are completely different now. I'll be interested to see how they handle her going forward.

Deleted
    did vol'jin atleast did something was warchief? Lowered tax maybe?

Oh look a Orc killing yet another Alliance hero in this game.

no anduin and genn cinematic?

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    Ahem... can we actually settle for warchief for at least 2 expansions in a row ? We're running out of them.
    Actually I believe, WE will be the next warchief after Sylvannis.

I have one problem - Varian breaking that whatever-it-is's solid metal head with his sword. If his sword was that awesome, he should have been able to cut all the demons on the field in half with no sweat.

I get magical weapons, but c'mon.

Overall, a meaningless death that would never happen - you send an underling in to a suicide mission, not the King. He should have never been that close to the front in the first place.

But, Kosak and his feels.

I know, I know, I'm cynical. I'm okay with that. Someone has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    Alliance? Totally boss. Even the gnome rocked.

Horde? Jesus. You fought like tiny little victorian schoolgirls and fled instantly as your leaders were slapped about.

Just what I wanted to say. Thanks : )