10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Is this one of those stacked fights you told me about the other day? I thought we already discussed that?

If it is, that's pretty obvious you would talent into rjw for a stacked controlled aoe damage fight. I never said rjw wasn't a solid choice, just as I'm sure you're not saying rjw is always the right choice, but I think it's fair to discuss the upsides of chi-ji that don't necessarily correlate into world first percentile hps ranks.

Do not call my points stupid again please
    Where did I say rjw was always the correct choice?

I said RJW was always the correct choice for stacked AoE healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Where did I say rjw was always the correct choice?

I said RJW was always the correct choice for stacked AoE healing.
    I never said that's what you said, I specifically said that it's not like you're saying that, but that's what you implied by putting your stacked fight log into a completely unrelated discussion. I was discussing playstyles and mana efficiency. Of course if everyone within 6 yards is being damaged you're gonna use stacked aoe heals. But what happens when that line gets more murky and damage starts going out a little bit more randomly, in almost all of those situations besides stacked aoe chi ji is besst.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    My hesitation to accept that as a viable playstyle is the total lack of control it gives me as a player, I'd rather cast less efficient heals that I have control over who they are going to rather than do lolleet!!!113337 hps's with rjw spam where there is a positional requirement, it's probably gonna overheal, and you're probably not gonna heal exactly the people you want. So nah, chi ji all day
    The ticks are so small compared to larger heals I doubt It will overheal much. Ticking for 32.88% spellpower per tick.

Just looking at the logg confirms that thought.

Deleted
    Does RJW switch targets when they hit 100% halfway through? And does it choose by random or by most injured?

Been testing [Leggings of The Black Flame] a little on the Beta, together with Rising Thunder talent.
    I am afraid that it will be really good, especially in raids, but it feels reaaallly boring (imo). Consider:
    every 10ish second I RSK followed by TFT;
    use TFT charge on renewing mist (thats 2 gcd's)
    Use Legendary procc (quite often also renewing mist, so thats 2 gcd's more)
    use the other legendary proc (1 gcd)

then guess what.. its time for RSK again..

So I'm stuck in melee, but dont get any mana from Spirit of the Crane (really no "free" time for it)
    I dont do any damage (1 RSK every 10 sec is barely any damage)
    And I feel very "locked" in what spells to use.

---
    Anyway thats my experience so far.. Would love to hear someone who found a more enjoyable way to use this legendary

Deleted
    Been testing out the legendary legs holy shit they are good, running it with Focused thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    With zero haste, you need to cast 17 RJW's for you to match the output of chi-ji over 3 minutes. With 10k haste, it's 22. Obviously i'm not factoring in the EF amp here. If I did, it would take less RJW's for you to match chi-ji's output. It's very clearly superior to talent RJW for stacked aoe healing.

RJW will progressively get worse as we get more haste/legendaries, because it has weak haste scaling in comparison to chi-ji. Idk I haven't tested it with legendary legs though. RJW is a really good mana dump, but you might not have the gcds to even press the spell with the legs.
    Thanks, that is very interesting. So if we do not consider haste (which is a benefit to Chi-Ji) or the EF amp (which is RJWs benefit) and say very roughly that about 17 RJW is the trade for one Chi-Ji, then in fights that you are casting Chi-Ji twice (most fights?), you would need roughly about 34 RJWs to match the healing of Chi-Ji during that entire fight.

With RJW arent we also giving up on the UT benefit as well, as RJW is still basically about as strong (slightly stronger?) than UT Vivify? As well as the mana cost of about 30 something additional Vivifys which could be cast if Chi-Ji was taken.

So I guess the total opportunity cost for taking RJW in a fight would be the healing of 2 Chi-Jis, the mana cost equal to several Vivifys and perhaps the UT proc.

Arg, this is getting too complex for me. I am going to stop thinking about it for now and just use RJW for stacked fights and Chi-Ji for spread out fights >.<
    Last edited by lycrates; 2016-08-09 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    Been testing [Leggings of The Black Flame] a little on the Beta, together with Rising Thunder talent.
    I am afraid that it will be really good, especially in raids, but it feels reaaallly boring (imo). Consider:
    every 10ish second I RSK followed by TFT;
    use TFT charge on renewing mist (thats 2 gcd's)
    Use Legendary procc (quite often also renewing mist, so thats 2 gcd's more)
    use the other legendary proc (1 gcd)

then guess what.. its time for RSK again..

So I'm stuck in melee, but dont get any mana from Spirit of the Crane (really no "free" time for it)
    I dont do any damage (1 RSK every 10 sec is barely any damage)
    And I feel very "locked" in what spells to use.

---
    Anyway thats my experience so far.. Would love to hear someone who found a more enjoyable way to use this legendary
    That's what was worrying me with RT gameplay, you have little to no room to use SotC to gain mana, as the raid consistently take damage usually.

Might be a strong situationnal playstyle, but even then you need a completely different gear, since you need lot more haste with RT, to make it viable

Maybe try it with Lifecycles ? no idea if its good but thatd be the best option considering the context

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    I am afraid that it will be really good, especially in raids, but it feels reaaallly boring (imo).
    This was my reaction too. The legs are strong but the gameplay makes me want to cut myself.

It's not as bad as FT but the legs are also less powerful as FT.

I think Blizzard are fine with RT being so rigid in gameplay as a way to somewhat balance the power of the legs with RT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Been testing out the legendary legs holy shit they are good, running it with Focused thunder.
    Why would you go FT with the legs? it literally does nothing for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    This was my reaction too. The legs are strong but the gameplay makes me want to cut myself.

It's not as bad as FT but the legs are also less powerful as FT.

I think Blizzard are fine with RT being so rigid in gameplay as a way to somewhat balance the power of the legs with RT.
    considering RT's power is already extremely close to the other talents. Adding +20% total hps for free compared to a ~5-7% hps increase seems completely out of balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    That's what was worrying me with RT gameplay, you have little to no room to use SotC to gain mana, as the raid consistently take damage usually.

Might be a strong situationnal playstyle, but even then you need a completely different gear, since you need lot more haste with RT, to make it viable

Maybe try it with Lifecycles ? no idea if its good but thatd be the best option considering the context
    I haven't played it in a raid, but with the legs you'll likely value haste extremely highly, so it will be easier to weave in tiger palms into the rotation. If it's impossible to do so, you'll probably play lifecycles just for the mana cost reduction on the enm.

Deleted
    The legs makes you want to use spells your normally dont use the Tea for. When you get Effuse from the leg proc its not bad. Neither is it as punishing when you have to use Essence Font with your tea. I like how the legs adds to game play for focused Thunder.

For RT it also competes with the bracers and the boots.

10+ Year Old Account
    it doesn't add gameplay to FT though. You get the same effect with mana tea talented, which means you should still be using mana tea > focused thunder.

- - - Updated - - -

the legs/boots were as retarded as I predicted.

I hope you guys like RT xD

7+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone willing to report the issue of Revival's dispelling to this thread(1.3 Million Unstable Affliction Dispel)? I can't do it myself, because I have no account on US-region.

It is time to end all dispelling issues of Revival.

Deleted
    Revival dispelling has its uses.

Personally I dont like the gameplay that RT gives. I like go in for some melee attacking when damage is low but thats about it. So I hope the boots never will dropp for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Revival dispelling has its uses.
    It is not about whether dispelling of revival has its uses. After the hotfix of 6.2, revival should have dispelled no punishing spells under any circumanstance, but now it still dispels unstable affliction. That need be treated as a bug.

It is the most sick thing for me in this game that using a raid CD equals death.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2016-08-10 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    With 26 traits we can get all the golden traits.

So you take Mist Wrap if you spec into RJW? (Considering you don't use Vivify at all)

But say Chi-Ji is fun now because you can have close to 100% uptime right now, but in progression having a 2 minute 15 seconds CD could be an issue versus RJW you have access 100% of the time.

Then again, not sure why the debate is there, it's obvious you're going to swap on stacked/split fights.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

anybody noticing that the EF proc from leggings of the black flame doesn't actually work after you've used the TFT buff? easily reproducible, happens every time for me.

i can't post this on the beta forums right now
    Last edited by jcsamborski; 2016-08-11 at 12:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsamborski View Post
    anybody noticing that the EF proc from leggings of the black flame doesn't actually work after you've used the TFT buff? easily reproducible, happens every time for me.

i can't post this on the beta forums right now
    There was some discussion about this yesterday, the Leggings buff was being consumed but afterwards the TFT buff wouldn't work with it iirc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

So with the well-chronicled issues with the Leggings of the Black Flame, how would you rank your legendaries?

With lifecycles, I might think:
    1. Ovid's Winter Wrap
    2. Petrichor Lagniappe
    3. Leggings of the Black Flame

Without lifecycles, maybe Leggings if you dont have FT?

Has anyone tested this more?