I hate to quote myself but:

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    One spec will go live with a completely broken mechanic, and blizz can't fix that mechanic t away, so they hand out a heavy blanket nerf to all the specs damage rendering the spec useless. By 7.1 they have figured out how to fix the broken mechanic, but they forget to undo the nerfs applied at the start, and the spec remains useless, blizz then spends the rest of legion giving out minor buffs to spec until it is almost viable by the time next expansion goes live.
    Called it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorfeater View Post
    My heart hurts.
    What.. So sub is the best PvE spec now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkleppe View Post
    What.. So sub is the best PvE spec now?
    Looks like outlaw might be the go to spec for anything but long lasting single target fights.

I'm in the same boat as the other guy. Fel in love with rogue all over again with the hemo/exanguinate spec.

Now i'm not sure if i should reroll

It's not quite as bad on Beta for single target, although the nerf did hurt.. Did Normal Emerald Nightmare and I was #1 on Ursoc, #3 on Nyth, #2 on Il'gynoth, #4 on Elerethe, #4 on Cenarius. All of those except Ursoc I could have done far, far better on but I had poor play. The people that beat me have been doing Mythic+ and have more artifact traits than I do as well.

This was with Legendary Boots. (Everyone else had their legendaries, too). I'm only worried about the scaling since this is with 830 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Soultics View Post
    It's not quite as bad on Beta for single target, although the nerf did hurt.. Did Normal Emerald Nightmare and I was #1 on Ursoc, #3 on Nyth, #2 on Il'gynoth, #4 on Elerethe, #4 on Cenarius. All of those except Ursoc I could have done far, far better on but I had poor play. The people that beat me have been doing Mythic+ and have more artifact traits than I do as well.

This was with Legendary Boots. (Everyone else had their legendaries, too). I'm only worried about the scaling since this is with 830 ilvl.
    Well we already know Sub is going out scale Assa in mythic Nighthold gear, and if not then by the next tier. So hard to decide what artifact to main, this AP system is so shit for pure DPS.

Deleted
    Rip Assa spec, the only spec I was looking to for PvE
    [*]

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Looks like outlaw might be the go to spec for anything but long lasting single target fights.

I'm in the same boat as the other guy. Fel in love with rogue all over again with the hemo/exanguinate spec.

Now i'm not sure if i should reroll
    dont forget that sub is insane at handling add swaps so unless the fight is an outright cleave i think sub will prevail

Quote Originally Posted by xero93 View Post
    Well we already know Sub is going out scale Assa in mythic Nighthold gear, and if not then by the next tier. So hard to decide what artifact to main, this AP system is so shit for pure DPS.
    Yeah, I'm not saying that everything is rainbows and sunshine with the spec but it's much better than it is during Pre-Patch. I've never cared for one spec to be so much more powerful than the other, I just want the specs to be very very close so people can just choose the playstyle they prefer. I personally don't care for the new sub, and as much as a hot topic the non-stealth bar is, it really throws me off and I hate having a "mash" button not on my main buttons. I play a lot of different classes and on every character I have the same keybinds setup for different situations like CDs, AoE, Defensives, Main, CC. So I *hope* that Assassination is competitive through mythic with maybe a hotfix or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Soultics View Post
    Yeah, I'm not saying that everything is rainbows and sunshine with the spec but it's much better than it is during Pre-Patch. I've never cared for one spec to be so much more powerful than the other, I just want the specs to be very very close so people can just choose the playstyle they prefer. I personally don't care for the new sub, and as much as a hot topic the non-stealth bar is, it really throws me off and I hate having a "mash" button not on my main buttons. I play a lot of different classes and on every character I have the same keybinds setup for different situations like CDs, AoE, Defensives, Main, CC. So I *hope* that Assassination is competitive through mythic with maybe a hotfix or two.
    Yeah, you and I play the same way with keybinds, same reasons I dislike sub. Which is why I hope they fix the scaling so I don't have to play it.

Deleted
    So to be clear, it is literally impossible at any point in legion to not have two or even three artifact weapons at max? Or just for quite some time after launch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    dont forget that sub is insane at handling add swaps so unless the fight is an outright cleave i think sub will prevail
    So we are looking at Sub/outlaw like in WoD.

IE no assassination

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    So to be clear, it is literally impossible at any point in legion to not have two or even three artifact weapons at max? Or just for quite some time after launch?
    Artifact weapon curve is exponential. It would take months to grind out all three weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    So we are looking at Sub/outlaw like in WoD.

IE no assassination
    well

on fights with 2-3 adds living a long time i think it's still gonna be the best (like high botanist in nighthold)

assa is still competitive it's just not outright better than any other spec, if you like assa you'll be able to raid on it just fine

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ITJae View Post
    Sure it's not as big of a burst window but it's still the same damage over a slightly longer period of time.
    Not true at all. Part of the strength of Exsanguinate was that it allowed you to re-apply another Rupture much sooner than you would normally. Since it's a bleed they don't stack, but greatly shortening the duration of one allows more normal ones to fit into a span of time. The exsanguinate bleed damage never changes no matter how fast or slow it is because it is working off of rupture, but it is the time-squeezing effect that translates it to more damage over time.

Edit: I realized someone already addressed this and you got the point, but I'll leave this here in case anyone else wanders along. Cheers.
    Last edited by Tellof; 2016-08-10 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    Not true at all. Part of the strength of Exsanguinate was that it allowed you to re-apply another Rupture much sooner than you would normally. Since it's a bleed they don't stack, but greatly shortening the duration of one allows more normal ones to fit into a span of time. The exsanguinate bleed damage never changes no matter how fast or slow it is because it is working off of rupture, but it is the time-squeezing effect that translates it to more damage over time.

Edit: I realized someone already addressed this and you got the point, but I'll leave this here in case anyone else wanders along. Cheers.
    THIS.

overall the exsang change is roughly ~an 8% DPS nerf to assassination.

but alacrity how much is behind?

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    but alacrity how much is behind?
    I'm sorry i'm not answering your question directly, but you won't be using alacrity if raiding/mythic+ dungeons.

Exsang is good for +18% dps
    Agonizing is good for +15% dps
    alacrity- no idea but less than the other 2 choices.
    [this is at first tier end game ilvl]

Agonizing will pull ahead after this, but they will likely buff/nerf other shit by then so who knows.

Apologies if maths are wrong - I'm recalling my notes and don't have it in front of me.
    Last edited by Zzaj; 2016-08-10 at 07:18 PM.

even fully stacked alacrity is behind?
    because only reading it sound like the go to talent for aoe thanks the massive generation of cp with fok

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    even fully stacked alacrity is behind?
    because only reading it sound like the go to talent for aoe thanks the massive generation of cp with fok
    You wont be doing aoe with assassination. You have fok but it hits like a wet noodle. If you want to aoe we currently have 1 spec for that

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    damn dude i thought sub rogues were the best at crying the sky is falling but you guys put us in our place
    I think that's just a Rogue forum trait :P