Poll: Kayn or Altruis?

Thread: Kayn or Altruis

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Altruis, he's a hottie.

Quote Originally Posted by Avell View Post
    He did betray Akama.
    Akama actually betrayed Illidan first, and never fulfilled the promises he made to Illidan.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    After playing through the Demon Hunter starting zone, I changed from Altruis to Kayn.

I think this Demonic empowerment might be corrupting my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Akama actually betrayed Illidan first, and never fulfilled the promises he made to Illidan.
    In the novel, Illidan assured Akama that he was different than Magtheridon but continued defiling his sacred temple with fel magic and refused to give it back. If anybody didn't fulfill a promise, it's Illidan because he sweet-talks Akama right after Magtheridon is defeated but admits in his narrative voice that he had no intention of giving Akama anything.

- - - Updated - - -

It's absolutely hilarious to me that people are caping for Kayn as the others "betrayed" Illidan when in the lore if anybody's a power-hungry, self-serving, lying, backstabbing figure it's Illidan. Dude has never held his allegiance to anyone besides himself. And he's had a lot of benefactors over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    In what world? Of fantasy and moustache twirling villains? 'yes men' does not make someone any less intelligent and resourceful. it makes him obey the line of command. that is all there is to it. To be honest I don't really know if he confronted Illidan. Probably not, I doubt that Illidan would let him leave. Just a spineless coward who killed his brothers.
    and Kayn runs off like a little bitch if you don't pick him like a spoiled child. So much for "loyalty"

Deleted
    There's no question. Illidan would've chosen Kayn...

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    and Kayn runs off like a little bitch if you don't pick him like a spoiled child. So much for "loyalty"
    So does Alturis.

I chose Kayn, since my DH is a Nelf female, I went for diversity. Plus Kayn just seems more badass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    he is not loyal to you at that point, he swore loyalty to Illidan. If I remember correctly you are not their leader at that very moment so he ons you nothing. but when he decides to follow you then he will follow you even tho you eat his sister, brother and cook his spouse. he is loyalty incarnate

10+ Year Old Account
    People like Kayn are why the Star Wars prequels happened.

Choose Altruis. Don't create another Jar Jar.

I went with Kayn. Altruis is a loose cannon, who went off and killed other Demon Hunters because he didn't agree with Illidan (who based on Lore is the only person/ character who understands the Legion well enough to to go on the offensive with them). Not about to have a guy who would willingly and brazenly challenge decisions that are in the best interest of all life on Azeroth, and possibly get lethally violent while doing so, and possibly end up with a blade in my back because he got his panties in a twist.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Picked Kayn because I didnt read the book and have no idea whats going on, since I'm playing blood elf it seemed like a reasonable choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUfOIvlC6Eo

we sacrifice everything to destroy the Burning Legion!! akama must pay for his betrayal!

#TeamKayn

illidanxKorvas

I'm a Night Elf that wanted the Blood Elf votes. That's why I made Kayn my VP nom. He can be the Sarah Palin to my John McCain.

My 7 year old told me to go with Kayn, so Kayn it is.

altruis sounded like a little bitch, so i went with kayn

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    he is not loyal to you at that point, he swore loyalty to Illidan. If I remember correctly you are not their leader at that very moment so he ons you nothing. but when he decides to follow you then he will follow you even tho you eat his sister, brother and cook his spouse. he is loyalty incarnate
    And this is kind of the major difference between the two, besides Altruis being an important bit more aware of what exactly Illidan is doing. I am pretty sure he has figured out that Illidan is wandering the universe doubelcrossing everyone in sight. Don't get me wrong. I have been playing a Bloodelf-Paladin since that is a thing and i really like Illidan. But Illidan is so flawed that its not even funny. While some of his mistakes and bad decisions can be acredited to the chain of events leading to the split between Magic and the Nightelves, he still willingly sacrificed the entire world to the Legion for the Well of Eternity. Illidan is selfish, Powerhungry even when he tries to save Azeroth in his own ways which are all more than twisted. To Illidan the end always justifies the means no matter what the means actually are. He is aware of this and aware that a lot of what he does is utterly disgusting but he is unable and unwilling to change that. He wants to destroy the Legion but far less to protect Azeroth than to make up for his mistakes which is very telling for how he actually works. Kayn is part of Illidans following tho and utterly loyal without any hint of doubt and is likely not even aware of what kind of a dick Illidan actually was to for example Akama who's people he downright enslaved very much like the Netherdrakes.

Altruis followed Illidan very loyaly as well i would guess, but ulike Illidan, Atruis is a Demon Hunter for the sole reason of defeating the Legion to not let them threaten Azeroth any longer. In opposite to Illidan becoming a Hunter meant becoming an outcast which was something he very likely accepted willingly because... you know... altruism. He is also not fond that the ends justify the means when its used as an excuse for all sorts of crimes. Its said that he left Illidan because Illidan turend exactly into what they were supposed to fight and in fact Illidan simply took Magtheridons place instead of fixing what he did, and did even worse things and Altruis got kind of fed up with that. Killing Varedis also made since as he was on his best way to op both of them as all he wanted was gaining power for no other reason than gaining power. "On all levels but physical" he was already a demon and Illidan was fine with it, even encouraged the others to become just like him...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

From a role-playing perspective, selecting Altruis is the politically savvy move to reassure our allies (and the wardens) that this is a new group of demon hunters who will not repeat the mistakes of the past. It also creates our own power center separate from Illidan, should he ever try to assert control over the Illidari again.

Quote Originally Posted by AanvilGT View Post
    should he ever try to assert control over the Illidari again.
    Quote Originally Posted by AanvilGT View Post
    Illidari
    .... lol. Are you serious? Illidan, asserting control over Illidari? What is the world coming to?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    And this is kind of the major difference between the two, besides Altruis being an important bit more aware of what exactly Illidan is doing. I am pretty sure he has figured out that Illidan is wandering the universe doubelcrossing everyone in sight. Don't get me wrong. I have been playing a Bloodelf-Paladin since that is a thing and i really like Illidan. But Illidan is so flawed that its not even funny. While some of his mistakes and bad decisions can be acredited to the chain of events leading to the split between Magic and the Nightelves, he still willingly sacrificed the entire world to the Legion for the Well of Eternity. Illidan is selfish, Powerhungry even when he tries to save Azeroth in his own ways which are all more than twisted. To Illidan the end always justifies the means no matter what the means actually are. He is aware of this and aware that a lot of what he does is utterly disgusting but he is unable and unwilling to change that. He wants to destroy the Legion but far less to protect Azeroth than to make up for his mistakes which is very telling for how he actually works. Kayn is part of Illidans following tho and utterly loyal without any hint of doubt and is likely not even aware of what kind of a dick Illidan actually was to for example Akama who's people he downright enslaved very much like the Netherdrakes.

Altruis followed Illidan very loyaly as well i would guess, but ulike Illidan, Atruis is a Demon Hunter for the sole reason of defeating the Legion to not let them threaten Azeroth any longer. In opposite to Illidan becoming a Hunter meant becoming an outcast which was something he very likely accepted willingly because... you know... altruism. He is also not fond that the ends justify the means when its used as an excuse for all sorts of crimes. Its said that he left Illidan because Illidan turend exactly into what they were supposed to fight and in fact Illidan simply took Magtheridons place instead of fixing what he did, and did even worse things and Altruis got kind of fed up with that. Killing Varedis also made since as he was on his best way to op both of them as all he wanted was gaining power for no other reason than gaining power. "On all levels but physical" he was already a demon and Illidan was fine with it, even encouraged the others to become just like him...
    because end justifies the means. Illidan book explains great many of his actions. I doubt that Kayn did not know what Illidan did, he simply accepted it. that is what loyal people do. They do not rebel.

I picked Altruis. I didn't agree with the way Illidan handled things, and the last thing I need is a blind follower. There is a reason Illidan was an enemy of the alliance and the horde. Just because he thinks "the ends justify the means" doesn't make it right.