Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I believe the threshold on the map is like 25% or 30% Muslim population.
    Like I said idiotic map. Where are Dagestan and Chechnya on that map? 80% plus Muslim population.

And why are Togo, Liberia and Benin in Green when they don't meet that 25% threshold?
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

I never understood how Israel passes for our ally? More like we are Israel's sugar daddy. Perhaps in non-PC world of Trump, we can ditch the "ally" word because Israel is incapable of helping us beyond guarding 4 feet of "holy land".

As to the money spent,Trump made a point about US bankrupting itself on refugees while leaving infrastructure untouched. Guess how much refugees money it takes to bankrupt US? Suddenly you can put 40 billion in perspective.
    Last edited by jdbond592; 2016-08-10 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Like I said idiotic map. Where are Dagestan and Chechnya on that map? 80% plus Muslim population.

And why are Togo, Liberia and Benin in Green when they don't meet that 25% threshold?
    Dagestan and Chechnya are not countries, mate. As for 25% threshold, it was just my guess; could be, say, 20% threshold, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Dagestan and Chechnya are not countries, mate. As for 25% threshold, it was just my guess; could be, say, 20% threshold, I don't know.
    So you are making stuff up now?

Also if Dagestan and Chechnya are not countries then why is the area above Kazakhstan marked green? There are no countries up there.

And if we are doing countries why is only half of Cameroon marked green and not the whole country like Ethiopia.

The map is idiotic. It makes no sense. Esp how much of China is Muslim. That is just freaking brilliant as that is less than 5% of the Chinese population yet all of its green, yet India with over 170 million Muslims is yellow.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    So you are making stuff up now?

Also if Dagestan and Chechnya are not countries then why is the area above Kazakhstan marked green? There are no countries up there.

And if we are doing countries why is only half of Cameroon marked green and not the whole country like Ethiopia.

The map is idiotic. It makes no sense. Esp how much of China is Muslim. That is just freaking brilliant as that is less than 5% of the Chinese population yet all of its green, yet India with over 170 million Muslims is yellow.
    I would assume it is because the west of China is populated by Muslims with a very large proportion, while Muslims in India are distributed somewhat equally across the territory.

Why Dagestan and Chechnya aren't green then, I have no idea.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see them as the manifestation of the Israeli position: "If you are okay with not letting us do what we need to do to protect our citizens, then we are okay with not valuing your position in this matter too much". Is it petty? I guess.

I don't need to agree with every decision Israel makes, to not consider it a bad guy.
    So "If you don´t stop fighting against us illegally occupying your land we will continue to illegally occupy your land!" - ?

What about the sanctions, blockades and whatnot?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    So, Israel is a nation now? What a joke
    Uh, you don't think Israel is a nation? What??

10+ Year Old Account
    I could think of much better things that 40 billion could be used for. Roads? Schools? Health Care?

Another good reason to vote Libertarian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So "If you don´t stop fighting against us illegally occupying your land we will continue to illegally occupy your land!" - ?

What about the sanctions, blockades and whatnot?
    More like, "You've violated and keep violating everything outrageously by bombing us with rockets, so don't expect us to play nicely and follow the rules, when you don't follow them yourself". Sadly, it is a reality of the world: sometimes you have to do that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would assume it is because the west of China is populated by Muslims with a very large proportion, while Muslims in India are distributed somewhat equally across the territory.

Why Dagestan and Chechnya aren't green then, I have no idea.
    That you keep defending that map as if it is in anyway meaningful to the topic of breaking international law.

- - - Updated - - -

More like, "You've violated and keep violating everything outrageously by bombing us with rockets, so don't expect us to play nicely and follow the rules, when you don't follow them yourself". Sadly, it is a reality of the world: sometimes you have to do that.
    Ok, so we just keep ignoring blockades, sanctions and occupation.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so we just keep ignoring blockades, sanctions and occupation.
    No, but we propose a viable alternative solution. It hasn't been done yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Palestinians while being occupied have to abide by the occupaying forces rules to not be further illegally occupied. The occupying force = good guys. Sorry i fail to see the logic in that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Palestinians while being occupied have to abide by the occupaying forces rules to not be further illegally occupied. The occupying force = good guys. Sorry i fail to see the logic in that.
    No, both should abide by the international rules. But since one side refuses to do so and keeps bombing civilians, contrary to UN rules, and UN doesn't step up, saying, "Well, it is your problem, you solve it yourself" - Israel solves it the way it deems. The dialogue is basically like this:

UN: "Two state solution is the only option."
    Israel: "We agree. Please make them stop firing rockets at us."
    UN: "It is your problem, solve it yourself."
    Israel: "Well, we are trying to solve it..."
    UN: "No, you are breaking the international law. Stop it."
    Israel: "What alternatives do we have?"
    UN: "None of our business. It is your problem, solve it yourself."
    Israel: "Ugh, screw it. We will act our own way then."
    UN: "Bad, bad Israel! Stop it at once!"

To accurately portray "what would happen if the US were in the same situation?", the US faces a much more dangerous situation with cartels from Mexico doing much more damage to the US. It's worth noting that the US has not engaged in any bombing campaigns against Mexico.

- - - Updated - - -

Dismantle all settlements and relinquish control of all land not granted by the 1947 partition plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Dismantle all settlements and relinquish control of all land not granted by the 1947 partition plan.
    For Israel to agree on it, Palestinian government should take some steps to make it clear that they are willing to be at peace with Israel after that, and, for starters, dismantle those groups that keep launching rockets at Israel. That's pretty much been Israel's requirement so far, as I understand: stop hitting us all the time, and we will agree on a compromise with you.

Of course, Palestinian government doesn't want that, since its legitimacy will be very questionable, if they don't have a scapegoat to blame for all their problems any more. So... It isn't going anywhere.

nice, now they can buy bombs, guns and ammo for 40 billion us dollars xD

15+ Year Old Account
    No, both should abide by the international rules. But since one side refuses to do so and keeps bombing civilians, contrary to UN rules, and UN doesn't step up, saying, "Well, it is your problem, you solve it yourself" - Israel solves it the way it deems. The dialogue is basically like this:

UN: "Two state solution is the only option."
    Israel: "We agree. Please make them stop firing rockets at us."
    UN: "It is your problem, solve it yourself."
    Israel: "Well, we are trying to solve it..."
    UN: "No, you are breaking the international law. Stop it."
    Israel: "What alternatives do we have?"
    UN: "None of our business. It is your problem, solve it yourself."
    Israel: "Ugh, screw it. We will act our own way then."
    UN: "Bad, bad Israel! Stop it at once!"
    ... The land is occupied by israel, what exactly should the UN do? Palestine isn´t a souvereign country.

If you think the only solution for israel is one that involves breaking international law then i seriously have to question your reasoning.

For Israel to agree on it, Palestinian government should take some steps to make it clear that they are willing to be at peace with Israel after that, and, for starters, dismantle those groups that keep launching rockets at Israel. That's pretty much been Israel's requirement so far, as I understand: stop hitting us all the time, and we will agree on a compromise with you.

Of course, Palestinian government doesn't want that, since its legitimacy will be very questionable, if they don't have a scapegoat to blame for all their problems any more. So... It isn't going anywhere.
    Settlements and annexation predate widespread Palestinian militancy. Sure, there were small groups like Black September, but they were far less widespread than Israeli equivalent groups like Irgun and Lehi, which now had their own country as their springboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... The land is occupied by israel, what exactly should the UN do? Palestine isn´t a souvereign country.

If you think the only solution for israel is one that involves breaking international law then i seriously have to question your reasoning.
    The land is occupied exactly because of the UN plan that was starting to be implemented, and was pretty much abandoned when Arab countries, despite the UN decision, attacked Israel soon after its formation. Ever since the situation in the region was a mess. The UN got Israel into the situation, and refused to do anything to protect it from aggressors - it had to take care of itself, as a result.

The solution for Israel is one that forces both sides to immediately stop cockfighting, to force the process. The UN doesn't do that, because, you see, they see Israel as the bad guy here and not Palestine. They say what Israel must do. Israel says, "Okay, but we want the guarantees that Palestine will not harm us". The UN says, "It is none of our problem. We told you what you should do. Do it, or else".

The UN is a pretty cancerous organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Settlements and annexation predate widespread Palestinian militancy. Sure, there were small groups like Black September, but they were far less widespread than Israeli equivalent groups like Irgun and Lehi, which now had their own country as their springboard.
    Again, this whole mess started with the war in 1948, where Israel was attacked. It went downhill from there.

The land is occupied exactly because of the UN plan that was starting to be implemented, and was pretty much abandoned when Arab countries, despite the UN decision, attacked Israel soon after its formation. Ever since the situation in the region was a mess. The UN got Israel into the situation, and refused to do anything to protect it from aggressors - it had to take care of itself, as a result.

The solution for Israel is one that forces both sides to immediately stop cockfighting, to force the process. The UN doesn't do that, because, you see, they see Israel as the bad guy here and not Palestine. They say what Israel must do. Israel says, "Okay, but we want the guarantees that Palestine will not harm us". The UN says, "It is none of our problem. We told you what you should do. Do it, or else".

The UN is a pretty cancerous organization.

Again, this whole mess started with the war in 1948, where Israel was attacked. It went downhill from there.
    Which was sparked by an ethnic cleansing campaign by Israel, backed by a pair of terrorist groups. Israel has done and is doing what Serbia did in the 90s. They should be facing at least heavy sanctions, if not a NATO bombing campaign.