Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Vol'jin making Sylvanas warchief over Baine, Saurfang and Lor'themar is pretty stupid

All three of them are solid, trustworthy leaders. Yet he chooses Sylvanas.

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

10/10 storytelling Blizzard

Plot twist: Spirits are dreadlords.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post

"I have never trusted you... But the spirits told me to so I'm making you warchief." *dies*

Makes sense to me. "I don't like you but God said so...soooo your warchief now" /dies

Yeah, that hand off should have been handled a bit better. Its an interesting twist that Sylvanas is warchief but at the same time that hand off was a bit odd with the way they presented it.

btw, I'm going to make a guess that you really like Varian. That cutscene at the end of broken shores was badass and made me really come around to liking the guy.

fact is that conventional tactics won't defeat the burning legion, broken shore proved this.
    Sylvanas is very good at unconventional tactics, which makes her the best option at the moment.

government enforced quotas

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Even in his death, vol'jin menaged to troll a fuckton of people. The salt spilled this day shall be remembered.

Maybe the spirits are sylvanas's banshees manipulating Vol'jin in his Fel Fever.

Neither of the other leaders of the horde can come close to what Sylvanas is.

They are all leaders by line they didn't achieve anything them self's.
    Sylvanas on the other hand fights day to day even in the horde to keep what she has build.

She is the perfect leader the horde needs you are all fools to think otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veovis View Post
    Maybe the spirits are sylvanas's banshees manipulating Vol'jin in his Fel Fever.
    What if sylvanas isnt real and she is just creation of our delusional minds ?

10+ Year Old Account

If you Go by Seniority

Sylvanas Joined the horde before the Blood Elves did, Baine became Chieftain of the Tauren after this and Saurfang was always considered more of an advisor then a leader. I myself was hoping Thrall would step back up but alas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What if sylvanas isnt real and she is just creation of our delusional minds ?
    how can sylvanas be real if our eyes arent real!?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    dude, how many threads do you create a day. And why are all of them salty? Also nice spoiler alert in title.

OT: Why no goblin warchief?

Also, RIP Vol'Jin. Basically the last living troll character. Who the hell is left? Who is leading the darkspears now?
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Considering that Vol'Jin is a priest who regularly communicates with the Loa... Yeah that's pretty much 100% in character. His dedication to the Loa is a huge part of his character. Being mad at him for following their advice is like being angry at Velen for listening to the Naaru. I actually think Sylvannas will be a good warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    If you Go by Seniority

Sylvanas Joined the horde before the Blood Elves did, Baine became Chieftain of the Tauren after this and Saurfang was always considered more of an advisor then a leader. I myself was hoping Thrall would step back up but alas.
    Going by seniority, sylvanas is older and more experienced than any of them. All as seen in cinematic thrall is having problems with whole stepping up (he is good at crawling tho).

Tbh, I liked it.

Sylvanas "isnt" suited to the role but seems the most likely to "evolve" into it, while others either had what it took or didnt.

Sylvanas is the only one that can effectivly balance the struggle of survival with the rational desire to survive.

Even though her methods will be questionable, in time, she might be persuaded by the aid of Baine/Lor'themar to think more rationally.

Because the "Spirits" talking to him were the metric ton of fanboys that have bemoaning Sylvanas for Warchief for years. Their cries were so powerful that it actually ripped a hole in fabric of space and time to appoint her. I think Blizzard themselves were shocked.

Plot twist....everyone killed on both sides aren't really dead. At the end of the expansion, we all wake up and find Varian taking a shower, none the wiser.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

"We died to trash mobs and had to retreat... windrunner... you were the best at retreating... the voices in my head tell me... you should be warchief"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Going by seniority, sylvanas is older and more experienced than any of them. All as seen in cinematic thrall is having problems with whole stepping up (he is good at crawling tho).
    Gul'dan's momma said knock 'im out

I think it fits, that her heroic moment of saving the horde is what finally opened his eyes to trusting her and the spirits telling him she's the one.

10/10 opinion