Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

I never thought that pandaren would ever warrant an expansion of their own, and it still feels like this is only the case because a lot of people have requested the pandaren to appear for so long. But they could've just made it a new Alliance or Horde race like the worgen and goblins, give them Pandaria as a huge zone to quest in (1-20), and they would atleast fit their new faction a lot more rather then ending the experience with ''just pick a side'' option. So instead of MoP they could've done something different, there are still a lot of places that would warrant its own expansion that may not make it in WoW's lifespan.

I still think their biggest mistake is the way they portrayed this expansion with a full Asian theme, and making them look like ''kung-fu pandas'' in the trailer didn't exactly help selling the game. Sure the pandaren came before the movie, but they were only an easter egg while the movie has grown into pop culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Can you elborate more? What's incorrect about that statement?
    Nothing, he's just one of those people who insists they always were and always will be nothing but an April Fool's Joke.

1) Too much content gating; had to do dailies to spend Valor as one example
    2) Bonus roll tokens became a requirement, not a bonus, because the drop rate was set lower because of the tokens.
    3) The amount of work needed to use a new piece of gear (reforge (sometimes several pieces), gem, enchant, upgrade).
    4) The Hozen and animal theme really seemed childish. Nothing epic about fighting a massive rabbit. I do not enjoy the Horde entry quests with befriending the Hozen.
    5) Many of the raids felt filler and did not progress the wow lore/story at all.
    6) While I am fond of some of the Chinese theme for many things, the weapon and armor graphics made me want to vomit sometimes

Deleted
    The only thing i disliked about it was the starting theme of the expansion which shut my hype off. I hated the whole "peaceful" pandaren thing. Then we went full on Sha and war and Thunder King and it became great again!

MoP is probably second to WotLK for expansion quality.

Every patch was awesome with tons of new content. Daily quests sucked, but there was so much reward behind those dailies that it really made me want to do them every day. For example, in 5.1, I wanted to do those Krasarang dailies because I could unlock bits of a new story every couple of days.

The reps had amazing lore as well at each level. The Klaxxi exalted quest was just bone chilling, and of course, it took a year for that to come true. Scenarios told so much lore. Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle were both exceptionally well done (compared to Tanaan...jesus christ).

Story was just amazing throughout. The Sha, Taran Zhu, Anduin's growth, Jaina (especially through the 5.1 questline), Dread Wastes, Kun-Lai. The farm was a neat minigame with an excellent balance of effort vs. rewards.

Ugh, after MoP I have no idea how they managed to make the abomination that was WoD.

Deleted
    Things wrong with MOP:

-Daily quest overload in patch 5.0
    -Legendary cape
    -Too short first tier (MV, HOF, TES)
    -Far too long last tier (SOO)
    -Few and too easy 5-man dungeons (very fast obsoletization)

Minor things:
    -Hit and Expertise + Reforging; it made getting upgrades a pain
    -Valor Pts in 5.4 not used for any gear; just upgrades

Nothing of that is really detrimental, maybe with the exception of 14-month SOO thing - that did costed a lot of subs.

I love when people say "pandas lol". I care about the game being fun to play, not about cosmetics like that. WOD is the exact opposite of MOP - it's savage, brutal, dirty and corrupted. But it didn't helped; it was much less fun to play than MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniTitan1937 View Post
    The only thing i disliked about it was the starting theme of the expansion which shut my hype off. I hated the whole "peaceful" pandaren thing. Then we went full on Sha and war and Thunder King and it became great again!
    Do you hate the "peaceful" Tauren as well? Frankly any kind of negative criticism that Pandaren got can be directly applied to Tauren as well but that doesn't stop people from ignoring that.

Deleted
    MoP is probably the expansion I hate the most along with WoD.

Pandarens are annoying, dungeons were few and boring. The only good thing about MoP was the introduction of challenge modes.

How about completely gutting dungeons, so they only "content" at end game was raids or dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    WotLK is still the best expansion. All of it just fit. The Lich King, the addition of the Death Knight class, the story, Northrend, the lore surrounding Arthas, the raids; everything was spot on. No expansion has come even close to giving me that experience.
    the whole ToC patch was a complete disaster imho. unbalanced classes and FUCKING boring dailies (worse than mop's). The Onyxia farming was boring as well. The whole thing was just a filler to make us wait till ICC.
    other than that patch yes WotlK was the best xpac i can recall

Quote Originally Posted by mazuno View Post
    the whole ToC patch was a complete disaster imho. unbalanced classes and FUCKING boring dailies (worse than mop's).
    People are still doing those dailies for mounts. Ultimately that's what they were/are for. Mounts involve tedious grinds. ToC dailies are absolutely perfect examples of that.

There's a lot of stupid things about ToC but the dailies, that's not one of them. The dailies are among the best in the game, for their purpose.

Many ppl probably quit wow when they first heard about pandas and monks, my GM quit game for good right after first deathwing kill in DS when he saw pandas coming
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    People are still doing those dailies for mounts. Ultimately that's what they were/are for. Mounts involve tedious grinds. ToC dailies are absolutely perfect examples of that.

There's a lot of stupid things about ToC but the dailies, that's not one of them. The dailies are among the best in the game, for their purpose.
    Yeah you are probably right. I guess I am just salty because I started them back in the days, got a few mounts, and still havent found the motivation to finish everything. I am at 232 mounts and they are the only "grindable" I didnt do yet... so boring
    Last edited by mazuno; 2016-08-11 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    Taken aside jade forest, I have disliked all of the zones, Kun'Lai and Four Winds were bland, Townlong and Dread wastes were ugly and extremely boring, Vale of the Eternal Blossom was fine until they ruined half of it with the SoO patch, I actually like the asian theme, but still didn't like MoP aesthetically
    There were only a few dungeons and all of them were easy af

Other than that, I enjoyed some of MoP's features, the expansion was fine overall
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-08-11 at 12:28 PM.

MoP would be better if it wasn't WoW.

The problem (if you can call it that) with MoP was that it was so bizarre for WoW. Literally everything in it was entirely new. The enemies, the races (Pandaren weren't, but they were like one of them in Warcraft. I'm talking about the Mogu, Hozen, Jinyu, Sha, etc)

It didn't feel like WoW, like the way WoTLK did, or even Cataclysm. The expansion itself was very good. Probably the best paced expansion ever, apart from the long SoO content drought, which really is just standard since ICC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Do you hate the "peaceful" Tauren as well? Frankly any kind of negative criticism that Pandaren got can be directly applied to Tauren as well but that doesn't stop people from ignoring that.
    To be quite honest, tauren players were oftenly made fun of back in vanilla because of that, tauren are also among the least popular races of the game
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-08-11 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The Tauren aren't the major storyline of an expansion though... I find any peaceful storyline to be boring as hell in a game called World of WARcraft.

Deleted
    i truly believe if the drought after SoO wasn't so long, then mop might have been considered one of the best (if not the best) expansion by many people.

for me personally there wasn't really anything i disliked (maybe the daily grind but we also had that in wotlk)

If you can point out a reason that MoP sucked besides "kung fu pandas and lfr nub" ill donate my asshole for you to do with as you please.

There was nothing wrong with MoP aside from the shallow bullshit that people typically complain about. Was a great xpac. The rep grinds in the first patch was quite dull but that's it.