Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    What do you consider to be destructive? He has an unusual diet, fashion sense and new-age spiritual beliefs and probably a really kinky sex life, why does that need an intervention?
    Destructive I would have to give a wide definition, I would claim that believing completely that you're a mythical creature to be under that umbrella though since it brings you further away from reality. Like I said though. I don't think he does need an intervention but I think it's getting close.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

This guy can't identify too well as a vampire, since he acts like a little bitch. Vampire's don't are like little bitches like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Destructive I would have to give a wide definition, I would claim that believing completely that you're a mythical creature to be under that umbrella though since it brings you further away from reality. Like I said though. I don't think he does need an intervention but I think it's getting close.
    I don't see how his belief in a "living body, dead soul" is any more destructive than Buddhism or any number of new-age beliefs. Maybe if he believed he had super strength, would die in sunlight and needed blood to survive your "believing completely that you're a mythical creature" would apply, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is precisely because it is 2016 that we are reinforcing that behavior. A decade ago the whole 'I identify as...' thing wasn't a thing.
    There were people who identified as vampires in the late eighties. They had societies and support groups and everything. They didn't use the words, "I identify as," but they did all the same things these people claiming odd identities do (without the benefit of the internet to help find likeminded people, no less). The practice isn't new; merely the language.

Vampire sub-culture has been a thing for a couple of decades, it's an offshoot of goth which came from new-wave around 30 years ago, new-wave descended from punk which is almost 40 and punks are basically rockers which have been around sincethe 60s.

You might have started notificing them a decade ago but parts of the media have been offended by unusual sub-cultures for far longer.
    You missed the point entirely. That sub-culture has been around, sure. The idea that people must accept someone for what they identify as, or the 'I identify as...' thing as I put it, is pretty recent. People have probably been identifying as other things for an incredibly long time, but there wasn't always this push to accept them for it. It is similar to homosexuality. That has been around since the Greeks or earlier, but people have only somewhat recently come around to the fact that they need to accept and be tolerant of another person's sexual preferences (granted some really stubborn people refuse to do so).

He's not even goth enough to warrant much reaction.
    Needs more snazz.

He is 25 and says he has been doing this for 13 years?

Where the fuck were his parents to smack some sense into him?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    You missed the point entirely. That sub-culture has been around, sure. The idea that people must accept someone for what they identify as, or the 'I identify as...' thing as I put it, is pretty recent. People have probably been identifying as other things for an incredibly long time, but there wasn't always this push to accept them for it. It is similar to homosexuality. That has been around since the Greeks or earlier, but people have only somewhat recently come around to the fact that they need to accept and be tolerant of another person's sexual preferences (granted some really stubborn people refuse to do so).
    The idea that you shouldn't be a dick to someone just because they're different has also been around for more than a few decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    He is 25 and says he has been doing this for 13 years?

Where the fuck were his parents to smack some sense into him?
    Not everyone believes in beating children into conformity.

Not everyone believes in beating children into conformity.
    Doesn't have to be an actual smack, but it couldn't hurt.

The point still stands that not making this person realize that "Vampire" isn't a proper life choice and will draw criticism is piss poor parenting.

Stop watching Step-Brothers, the only people that do whatever they want through life without concern for their appearance are either tattoo artists or are homeless.

Pretty sure everyone else who self identifies as a vampire and names themselves darkness gets verbally abused in pubs so I guess he is getting his wish.

What i learned from this thread:
    Man identifies as a woman - that's perfectly normal.
    Vice versa - also fine.
    Man identifies as a vampire - he has mental issues and deserves to be insulted.

Just make up your mind already...

15+ Year Old Account
    There was an episode of MTV's True Life : I'm a Vampire or something to that effect, can't find the episode online but these two people were in it

there self-appointed title's are King and Queen of the Vampire Court of Austin

I honestly don't see the different between this case and the several regarding most of the gender issues we see lately. I find most of those +30 new genders - and their reasoning - to be more appalling than someone claiming to be a vampire, to be honest.

Mental help to everyone, if it was up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    its human and animal nature i am sorry , did you know its normal for cats to rape other smaller lesser male cats , at least we are not animals
    Saying it is human nature does not make it so. Since you're making the claim, I'm sure you could bring up some evidence though.

OT: If I were related to him, I'd tey to get him help. This doesn't really fall under the same category of gender identity. Vampires are fictious creatures that humans cannot be.

I'm not related to him though, and so long as he isn't hurting anyone or expecting special privileges than I am okay with him just being weird.

this reminded me of the king of the hill episode "the witches of east arlen"
    when bobby hill enters the coven of artemis, and has to drink caninus spiritus ....before the moon wanes.... hahaha

I'm totally sure he is a productive member of society with a long term job and everything.

A real vampire would not sully themselves with pig or cow blood, not when there are plenty of humans running around. Fucking poser.

- - - Updated - - -

I felt so ashamed and embarrassed
    Oh and this, no real vampire would let some words from a silly mortal cut him so deep. Fucking poser.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    There is a huge difference between being made fun of because you identify as a different gender, and being made fun of for believing you are a supernatural creature of the night.
    What is it? The difference.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I thought blood was toxic for humans drink in all but small quantities.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The point still stands that not making this person realize that "Vampire" isn't a proper life choice and will draw criticism is piss poor parenting.

Stop watching Step-Brothers, the only people that do whatever they want through life without concern for their appearance are either tattoo artists or are homeless.
    Some kids obviously need it. This kid is a good example
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    A real vampire would not sully themselves with pig or cow blood, not when there are plenty of humans running around. Fucking poser.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and this, no real vampire would let some words from a silly mortal cut him so deep. Fucking poser.
    Are you confusing real-life members of the vampire sub-culture with fictional vampires from films and stories?

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I think it's better to teach people not to be dicks rather than teaching people to fit in so there's no reason for others to be dicks to them.